2011 Product of the Year

I would have to say for me it was the R11 line from Taylor Made. They have changed my whole approach to the game and given me a lot of confidence.

There are a lot of things i love from 2011....my miyazaki kusala white driver shaft comes to mind...but the one product that really stands out to me is the Srixon Q-star ball.
I dont make a lot of money and its hard to afford a couple green fees a week AND premium balls. Until the Q-star I thought there was just too big a drop off from the premium balls and those around the $20 price point, and felt it was really necessary to shell out the extra dough. The Q-star really narrowed the gap and for performance+price, it gets my vote as product of the year.

For me it was also the Srixon Q-star ball. An awesome ball and has made getting back into golf much more enjoyable.

Anything that said Z-Star on it was spectacular in my mind.

Cleveland Mashies and XL270 -- anything with the Miyazaki shafts!

:srixon: Z-Star Irons. Smooth, forgiving, and workable..... some of the best irons ever made.

I had two. I think they both came out in 2011. My PING K15 driver. And 2 would have to be my Odyssey Backstryke putter. I putted better this year than I ever had in my life.

My M2 Mashie is awesome, and my Burner 2.0 irons are a winner too! Two great products in my opinion.

My product of the year is the Hirzl Golf glove with the Srixon Q-star golf ball close Second.

My product of the year is my Garmin GPS watch. Really enjoying it and it has worked flawlessly .

TapAhoy!

My product of the year goes to R11 irons with Matrix Program 95 shafts. The irons are forgiving, accurate and long. The shaft feels wonderful and helps with my wrist pain so I can play and practice more. I can see myself enjoy these irons for quite a while.
2nd vote will go to Matrix Black Tie 6m3 driver shaft. It has changed my R11 driver and there will be no going back.

Gotta be the Mashie for me. Great, forgiving head on an unbelievable shaft... honorable mention to the Williams FW32 Driver.

No question, Rescue 11 5-hybrid. I may have never tried that club if not for THP. It added a fantastic option for m to fill the gap between my 6iron and 4hybrid. I had a boatload more confidence.

Another vote for the rescue 11. I love my 16* with the 85g Rip tp shaft. It is just so easy to hit and I can work the ball left or right if needed.

However, I do hope my favorite will change to the ghost spider belly I picked up today. If it becomes my favorite I know my scores are going to see a big change.

Hands down my TM 110 Ghost putter... Switching from my old Corza to a Blade was the best choice... i have saved so many strokes it has this smooth roll of the face... I highly recomend the Ghost but the "Pure Roll" faces to be exact, second in line is the Q star... hi end feel low price.

ghost spider for me. i'm making a lot more putts nowadays since the change.

Has to be the Mashie......loved my M2 so much I had to replace my MD golf hybrid with the M3. So confident with these clubs especially out of the rough, club head just seems to glide through it.

Honourable mention to the Hirzl gloves (and THP as I'd never have known about it otherwise.....actually same with the Mashie)

In terms of pure impact on the industry I think it has to be the R11- everyone was ghosting everything for months after it came out. Almost every other major and minor OEM and clone maker came out with something white in response. I didn't like it, but you can't argue that any other club had as a big an impact.

For personal fav's I would have to say the CG15 wedge (was that a 2011?). That is the only piece of 2011 kit that went in my bag and never came out.

No doubt in my mind for even 1 second.

The 2011 Product of the Year for me is..... my Taylormade Ghost Spider Putter !

Well I guess for me personally it was the Mashie, even though I no longer use it I think it made me realize how steady a hybrid club can be. Maybe I needed a stiffer shaft because it was great shot, hook, great shot, hook. But man was that think easy to hit! I now carry one hybrid and am looking at getting another.

+1 for the Mashies.

Great product. Not necessarily leaps and bounds ahead of the competition, but the combination of the quality shaft options and a very fair price tag, makes for a clear winner in my eyes.

Yonex E-Zone hybrid. how I miss thee.....

But in reality it's probably the Mashie since the Yonex never ended up in my bag due to availability and pricing concerns

This is a tough one but I'm going to have to vote for the Cleveland FL fairway woods. I have 3 of them and they are just fantastic.

Biggest change for my game this year were my Mizuno Jpx 800 pro irons. They have been awesome since day 1.

The Titleist Pro V1X. Titleist remains to be the best ball in golf.
Consistency from ball to ball, shot to shot, spin rate, feel off the club with pitch shots, feel off the face of the putter. They're just good!

The Titleist Pro V1X. Titleist remains to be the best ball in golf.
Consistency from ball to ball, shot to shot, spin rate, feel off the club with pitch shots, feel off the face of the putter. They're just good!

I know these are personal opinions...but, have you tried the Bridgestone B330 series?

Back