Nike VR_S Forged Irons

That is awesome Yoccos. I can't wait for the review to come out!

Lol noooo not a review dude! Sorry if it came off like that. I'm gonna go HAM at DEMO day

Lol noooo not a review dude! Sorry if it came off like that. I'm gonna go HAM at DEMO day

Oh sorry! I am going to go HAM with you on these irons!

Lofts per Golf Digest Hot List:
3I - 20
4I - 22
5I - 25
6I - 28
7I - 31
8I - 35
9I - 40
PW - 45

Sent from Tapatalk

Strong lofts, wonder if the set will have an AW option at 50*?

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk

Strong lofts, wonder if the set will have an AW option at 50*?

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk

I'm hoping there is with this set, I'm very interested in these. Any ideas on street price of these irons?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Very nice looking irons. I have been intrigued by Nike for some time now, but never had the opportunity to game them. Maybe this year.

To me, Nike is notorious for awful stock grips. What/how are the stock grips?

I have a lot to say about these and once my computer at work finishes updating I will post more.

As for the grips, I disliked them very much TC. I found them to be pretty slick while using them. In fairness I was taking the wrapper off of the grips as we were playing. We had just unboxed them and put them in my bag.

Now these my friends look INCREDIBLE!!! All I can say is wow, I love how simple the design is. These are calling my name for sure. Beautiful clubs

Very nice looking Irons. Come on Demo day I'd like to swing these for sure.

Now these my friends look INCREDIBLE!!! All I can say is wow, I love how simple the design is. These are calling my name for sure. Beautiful clubs

This. They're the best looking Nike club I've seen. They're sleek but not over the top. Beautiful.

Steel Tappin'

These are beautiful. They do have a lot going on, but in a subtle way if that's possible. My first thought was that they needed just a touch more color to set them off, but I think the cleaner look is just right. The head size and shape looks pleasing to the eye, I can only hope the performance is worthy of the look.

These are beautiful. They do have a lot going on, but in a subtle way if that's possible. My first thought was that they needed just a touch more color to set them off, but I think the cleaner look is just right. The head size and shape looks pleasing to the eye, I can only hope the performance is worthy of the look.

I agree, I mean....I love the look, but performance matters most.

I hadn't even connected all of this nice Nike equipment with Demo Day..even more exciting.

Steel Tappin'

I hadn't even connected all of this nice Nike equipment with Demo Day..even more exciting.

Steel Tappin'

yes, I love seeing stuff come out and KNOW I will get to hit it all in about 5 months.

I wonder if the lofts on these are on roids like the ZStars? That would be appealing if they were.

I think they are dude

So as Chunky eluded to earlier, I spent a lot of time with these irons. When I arrived at THP they had just arrived an hour or so before me, they weren't even unboxed. We opened the box and saw these beauties. Man on man do they look great in person. They do look similar to the Z Star irons when it comes to design, which is a good thing because those irons rocked. They immediately went in to my bag for what was going to be a range session that day.

Well as we arrived a the course we decided to skip the range session and to get out an play instead. At the time we did not know the lofts of the these irons, but distance was not an issue with them at all. The 3rd hole was a par 3 that was playing around 155(if I remember right). I took out the 7 iron and it was perfect yardage. That led me to believe the lofts were similar to the Razr X irons I had been playing. I liked them so much on day 1, I decided to game them again on day 2.

Paired with the Nippon shaft, I thought they gave a nice mid-high ball flight. I really liked the way the shaft felt paired with the iron head itself. As a whole these things felt real solid. You could tell when you miss hit them because the sound was different, but the performance was still there. I didn't think the leading edge was incredibly sharp compared to other irons we tested.

As for the grips, I mentioned these earlier but will say it again. I really didn't like them. I found them to be slick right out of the package. They are one thing I would change immediately if I were to throw this set in my bag. However grips are very personal so don't knock em till you try them.

So let's go over my quick check list shall we?
Looks - Check
Forgiveness - Check
Great feel - Check
Distance - Check

what more would you want? Nike has set themselves up for a good year in the iron market IMO.

So as Chunky eluded to earlier, I spent a lot of time with these irons. When I arrived at THP they had just arrived an hour or so before me, they weren't even unboxed. We opened the box and saw these beauties. Man on man do they look great in person. They do look similar to the Z Star irons when it comes to design, which is a good thing because those irons rocked. They immediately went in to my bag for what was going to be a range session that day.

Well as we arrived a the course we decided to skip the range session and to get out an play instead. At the time we did not know the lofts of the these irons, but distance was not an issue with them at all. The 3rd hole was a par 3 that was playing around 155(if I remember right). I took out the 7 iron and it was perfect yardage. That led me to believe the lofts were similar to the Razr X irons I had been playing. I liked them so much on day 1, I decided to game them again on day 2.

Paired with the Nippon shaft, I thought they gave a nice mid-high ball flight. I really liked the way the shaft felt paired with the iron head itself. As a whole these things felt real solid. You could tell when you miss hit them because the sound was different, but the performance was still there. I didn't think the leading edge was incredibly sharp compared to other irons we tested.

As for the grips, I mentioned these earlier but will say it again. I really didn't like them. I found them to be slick right out of the package. They are one thing I would change immediately if I were to throw this set in my bag. However grips are very personal so don't knock em till you try them.

So let's go over my quick check list shall we?
Looks - Check
Forgiveness - Check
Great feel - Check
Distance - Check

what more would you want? Nike has set themselves up for a good year in the iron market IMO.

Awesome feedback Deano. These are going to be a set to look out for.

The grips were slick cause you were so nervous to get your arse handed to you by CL and JB.

But really...thanks for the info

I agree. Look at the AMP irons and then look at these. No contest. I know, not exactly the same target audience but just sayin...

The grips were slick cause you were so nervous to get your arse handed to you by CL and JB.

But really...thanks for the info

was 1-1 vs Chunky with these in the bag haha

I agree. Look at the AMP irons and then look at these. No contest. I know, not exactly the same target audience but just sayin...

Ironically I think the target audience is closer than you think and I agree that these are far better looking to me personally.

Wow those are sweet. Remind me of the z stars somewhat. Best looking irons from Nike I've seen.

Ironically I think the target audience is closer than you think and I agree that these are far better looking to me personally.

That's interesting. Too bad there's not a teenage heart throb sponsored by Nike on Tour, the teenies would be all over this thread.

I'm also not ruling out the fact that these aren't available in lefty. It sure would be awesome if they were. The Pro Combo's were so these probably are too.

They do look splendid. Stock Nike grips just are never good. I don't get that.

Me too. And if they are that much closer, then Im even more interested in these irons because that tells they offer distance and forgiveness in a much better looking package.

Back