SCOR System Review - Forum Testing

It took me nearly an hour just to find the reviews!!
Well Beau emailed me yesterday and I replied straight back so will just leave it with him

Beau is a damn good one to deal with, I still talk to him about my game with the wedges form time to time.

Beau is a damn good one to deal with, I still talk to him about my game with the wedges form time to time.

Jman......how do you feel the SCOR compares with the Eidolon wedges you have? I love my Eidolon's so I'm curious if the SCOR clubs are the same wedge but in a different package. Would you consider replacing your Eidolon's with SCOR's if $ was out of the equation?

Jman......how do you feel the SCOR compares with the Eidolon wedges you have? I love my Eidolon's so I'm curious if the SCOR clubs are the same wedge but in a different package. Would you consider replacing your Eidolon's with SCOR's if $ was out of the equation?

Its hard for me to put into words, I actually talked to Beau at length about this when I added the SOCR 45* to my Eidolon's and he thought they would mix very very well and said alot of others had started with the SCOR's in this manner (the 41-47 range first). I love the Eidolon's, they are wonderful to me and I'm very satisfied with them, comparing them to the 45* SCOR is hard for me because the evolution in tech for what the 45* is (the added perimeter weighting and being a PW replacement) and I hate to speak on it having not used one of the higher lofted wedges like that of my Eidolon's (55-60).

I do know I like the look at address of the 45 more personally than the Eidolon's and its because its more compact and flows much more uniquely to my eye. I know for a fact the V-Sole fits me so that's a wash, that said, I really don'tthink they are the same in a different package. I think they are more refined honestly.

I really do see myself slowly replacing my Eidolon's and keeping them as the backup set over time. I really do believe in this system with all the testers have done in this thread and having experienced hitting one of the series now, its probably just matter of time for me. haha

Thanks...got it...and donated. We're very committed to THP and are coming on board formally to support the platform. It's just the right thing to do...JB and his team do an amazing job for you guys and game in general. Excited I get a hat for the Albatross...maybe I'll wear it at the PGA Show in a few weeks and show up on some of the video coverage here!

I absolutely love this! Not only do you get the best wedges in the hands of THPers, but you support what brings us all together. That alone deserves some rep!

Its hard for me to put into words, I actually talked to Beau at length about this when I added the SOCR 45* to my Eidolon's and he thought they would mix very very well and said alot of others had started with the SCOR's in this manner (the 41-47 range first). I love the Eidolon's, they are wonderful to me and I'm very satisfied with them, comparing them to the 45* SCOR is hard for me because the evolution in tech for what the 45* is (the added perimeter weighting and being a PW replacement) and I hate to speak on it having not used one of the higher lofted wedges like that of my Eidolon's (55-60).

I do know I like the look at address of the 45 more personally than the Eidolon's and its because its more compact and flows much more uniquely to my eye. I know for a fact the V-Sole fits me so that's a wash, that said, I really don'tthink they are the same in a different package. I think they are more refined honestly.

I really do see myself slowly replacing my Eidolon's and keeping them as the backup set over time. I really do believe in this system with all the testers have done in this thread and having experienced hitting one of the series now, its probably just matter of time for me. haha

I like this JMan, I have to agree with a lot you said here. I loved my Eidelons. But, I will say that the SCOR wedges offer just a little bit more. Looks, forgiveness, and performance.

Thanks Jman!

I need to chime in and say I am still loving the wedges. Where I have seen the biggest improvement (and really I never even gave this component a second thought) is in the sand game. My chipping is solid with these, and I like that I am able to control trajectory fairly easily.

The only issue I am experiencing is with full shots. They seem to mostly start out right of target, and drift a few feet from there. I keep playing with ball position, grip, etc - and am seeing similar results. I am checking the divots, and they are mostly right at the target. I wonder if I need this bent upright a couple of degrees???

I need to chime in and say I am still loving the wedges. Where I have seen the biggest improvement (and really I never even gave this component a second thought) is in the sand game. My chipping is solid with these, and I like that I am able to control trajectory fairly easily.

The only issue I am experiencing is with full shots. They seem to mostly start out right of target, and drift a few feet from there. I keep playing with ball position, grip, etc - and am seeing similar results. I am checking the divots, and they are mostly right at the target. I wonder if I need this bent upright a couple of degrees???

I have to agree about the sand. So easy to execute a good shot

are your other clubs bent upright? Go hit them on a lie board. Thats strange though.

I have to agree about the sand. So easy to execute a good shot

are your other clubs bent upright? Go hit them on a lie board. Thats strange though.

All of my other irons are TM R9, standard L,L,L. But maybe they are more upright out of the box compared to these. I need to definitely check the lie angles and see if there is a difference between the R9 PW, AW and the SCORE 54* and 58*.

For spring I'm debating between the SCOR's or the SM4's. Heard a lot of good things about both.

Love your perspective yeri. Different scoring, same performance from most who try them.

I love that this thread has 100 pages. Just goes to show how excited people are about these wedges.

I love that this thread has 100 pages. Just goes to show how excited people are about these wedges.

Indeed. I love that this thread has taken me form being a MAJOR pessimist on them to buying one and contemplating the set. Shows alot about THP tester's AND the great product showing through.

Indeed. I love that this thread has taken me form being a MAJOR pessimist on them to buying one and contemplating the set. Shows alot about THP tester's AND the great product showing through.
That's why I'm debating whether to get these for the season Jman. I'm thinking of getting four of them in the spring, but it's hard for me to get something sight unseen, unlike the SM4's, which I can not only see, but hit as well.

That's why I'm debating whether to get these for the season Jman. I'm thinking of getting four of them in the spring, but it's hard for me to get something sight unseen, unlike the SM4's, which I can not only see, but hit as well.

I hear ya on that Sean. All I can tell you is I've been blown away by the looks, the feel, the sole, and the whole SCOR principle. Its been an eye opener for me.

I got my SCOR wedges today right before I went to play 18 and man are they legit! My first shot with the 50* I stuck about 8 feet and made my putt for bird! They performed awesome in every situation and I can't wait to get some time with them.

I got my SCOR wedges today right before I went to play 18 and man are they legit! My first shot with the 50* I stuck about 8 feet and made my putt for bird! They performed awesome in every situation and I can't wait to get some time with them.

Not only a great forum name, but great tastes in clubs as well!

Awesome stuff!

Not only a great forum name, but great tastes in clubs as well!

Awesome stuff!

Appreciate that Jman! I have some Sooner Red paintfill drying on the new set of SCOR's right now and I'll post before and after pics in the contest winner's thread.

Hey guys I have been very busy with work and other things but it was half way warm out today so I took the Scor 56* I won and hit the range. I have not swung a club in about a month or so from it being winter but man was this thing ever easy to hit. The balls felt pretty hard but I think that was just from the temp and them sitting out in the grass for who knows how long. The turf interaction was wonderful, nice clean divots that werent deep at all and they were even. I did not hit one fat shot which is my miss with my wedges. Really excited about this wedge for next season. I wont talk about spin or anything like that since I dont have a good idea of that yet, just to cold and hard to judge that.

Thanks again SCOR!

Gotcha. I was born and raised about 45 minutes from Perkins. Spent the first 23 years of my life in Edmond and then Norman.

I'm curious about replacing my PW with one of the SCOR wedges. Of those who have done this, have you seen noticable advantages in the club change? I always thought that the PW from your iron set was best because it matched the rest of your irons. Now through reading this thread and going to the SCOR website it seems that the PW with your irons is really more like a 10i than a wedge in it's make-up. Can someone explain this a little better for me?

I'm curious about replacing my PW with one of the SCOR wedges. Of those who have done this, have you seen noticable advantages in the club change? I always thought that the PW from your iron set was best because it matched the rest of your irons. Now through reading this thread and going to the SCOR website it seems that the PW with your irons is really more like a 10i than a wedge in it's make-up. Can someone explain this a little better for me?

Just saw this Pirate.

I did it because of turf interaction. Alot of places I play a PW shot tends to be in a range with almost hardpan like turf areas (still fluffy sometimes too) but the 2.0 for me was terrible form the tight stuff. The SCOR remedied that and I now have a much more wedge like feel out of the club than I did the 2.0 or any other PW for me for that matter. It really has changed my game from that distance. Forgiving, acturate, great interaction, great sound, and excellent spin...it was a great choice for me and my game.

I still struggle a bit mentally with the 45 deg SCOR Wedge replacing my R11 PW. Now the 45 deg SCOR wedge is versatile and easy enough to hit, but coming from a Game Improvement set, I do struggle mentally with the size of the 45 deg SCOR being smaller than both the R11 9 iron and 50 deg SCOR.

Because I do not use my PW or 45 deg club for much beyond full shots, I keep pondering that specific slot and have not come to any decision yet. I'm certainly not seeing much detriment to replacing it, but not sure much of what advantage in that slot either.

Back