SCOR System Review - Forum Testing

Jman - thanks for your order. We're going to get the lengths on your new set synched up with the 45° you already have...and we'll credit you $29 on the set of three so the math is right, like you ordered a set of four from the beginning.

Sincere / heartfelt thanks for your support! Looking forward to your feedback!

Shawn.

Shawn, you guys really are awesome and the fact you guys really care truly shines through. Thank you so much!

Shawn do you have a scor fit for the new Rbz irons?

Tapatalk

I am really interested in these. Great testing done by everyone. I use to have the Callaway Jaws wedges but then sold them when I got my current Titleist Vokey wedges. But I have just never been comfortable with them. These will be on my list when the time comes.

See, and that tugs on me too.

Maybe 49/53/58.

Maybe I just need to call Beau tomorrow haha

or...a little help from One-T....haha

Shawn do you have a scor fit for the new Rbz irons?

Tapatalk

Frank - we haven't updated our database yet with new irons released for 2012...it's on the to-do list though.

Here are specs on RocketBallz:

8-iron = 35°
9-iron = 40°
PW = 45°

SCOR4161 4 club set 45/50/55/60 - this is one of those scenarios where we don't necessarily have a five club option without putting golfer over 14 clubs. If it were me, I'd go 44-48-52-56-60...to have tighter distance gaps on full short game shots...but to each's own. This would give you effectively two pitching wedges or gap wedges or whatever you want to call them. Or you could just call the 40° RocketBallz 9iron an 8 iron...and the 4 iron at the bottom of the set a 3 iron (which is what it really is).

I've heard nothing but great things about the Burner 2.0 irons from everyone I know who has them. That said, they are designed to go a long way...through stronger lofts and longer iron shafts. You compare the 4iron in RocketBallz to a set of Ping Eye 2s from 30 years ago. RocketBallz 4 iron has 5° less loft and is almost an inch longer...it is stronger and longer than the 3 iron from PingEye 2s.

As always - use whatever works for you and that you'll have the most confidence in standing on the 18th tee with your personal best score or a bunch of carry-overs on the line.

or...a little help from One-T....haha

We need to figure out an independent distributor program for you guys...especially One-T! Maybe we can become the Mary Kay of the golf industry?

Thanks for the reply Shawn. I think I have a good setup. If not I'll let you know.

Tapatalk

We need to figure out an independent distributor program for you guys...especially One-T! Maybe we can become the Mary Kay of the golf industry?

You guys ever think of using GolfTec as a distributor? They're really good at fitting and it's not a big box store. You would have good control and there would be a place for customers to hit them and compare them head to head with the other brands GolfTec offers.

hahaha...I like that idea! I would be down for that!

Great testing by everyone. I really wish there was a place to hit these, but judging from the testing I don't really need to. This thread has peaked my interest and I will definitely be looking into these.

hahaha...I like that idea! I would be down for that!

See...but I have this image of Ricky Bobby's saying in Talledega Nights when he was selling Big Red gum...hahahaha

You guys ever think of using GolfTec as a distributor? They're really good at fitting and it's not a big box store. You would have good control and there would be a place for customers to hit them and compare them head to head with the other brands GolfTec offers.

We're talking to them...2012 going to be all about making our product more readily accessible for golfers.

We're talking to them...2012 going to be all about making our product more readily accessible for golfers.

That's awesome Shawn, I think that's a great move, best of luck!!

Great to catch up on some recent posts.

Been away from THP much more than I want to lately. Dealing with other stuff...that's for another place.

I have been able to golf much more than normal due to our extremely mild winter. Most sane people aren't golfing now, I'll never claim to be sane :bulgy-eyes:

I have been waiting to find out how the SCORs hit off true hardpan. Our summer was the wettest on record so I never really got a chance to experience very much hardpan until last week when I found some rock hard frozen ground to hit from.

SCORs slide right under the ball, almost softly. During winter golf I rarely take full shots if my lie is frozen because it hurts my hands and I rarely get a good result. Looking forward to playing my normal short game in the winter.

Great to catch up on some recent posts.

Been away from THP much more than I want to lately. Dealing with other stuff...that's for another place.

I have been able to golf much more than normal due to our extremely mild winter. Most sane people aren't golfing now, I'll never claim to be sane :bulgy-eyes:

I have been waiting to find out how the SCORs hit off true hardpan. Our summer was the wettest on record so I never really got a chance to experience very much hardpan until last week when I found some rock hard frozen ground to hit from.

SCORs slide right under the ball, almost softly. During winter golf I rarely take full shots if my lie is frozen because it hurts my hands and I rarely get a good result. Looking forward to playing my normal short game in the winter.
Thanks for the update griff! I have been looking forward to some new thoughts for a bit. Thanks for giving me my SCOR fix for the day!

See...but I have this image of Ricky Bobby's saying in Talledega Nights when he was selling Big Red gum...hahahaha

hahaha...you must have been on my Youtube page

I have a question for the testers and other SCOR users. I have a SCOR 60* which I love. It really is the easiest 60* I have ever hit and it gets me within putting distance so many times. I also have a R11 AW which is a 50*. I have been debating getting another SCOR wedge to split the difference. I am trying to decide between a 54* and 55*. The main reason I want one is for a full shot at 75 to 85 yards out. I now hit my 60* about 60 yards and the AW about 100 yards. I can take a bit off of the AW to drop to 90, but struggle taking it down to 80 and 70. I think the 54* or 55* would be great for this area. What do you guys suggest going with? Thanks for your thoughts.

I have a question for the testers and other SCOR users. I not have a SCOR 60* which I love. It really is the easiest 60* I have ever hit and it gets me within putting distance so many times. I also have a R11 AW which is a 50*. I have been debating getting another SCOR wedge to split the difference. I am trying to decide between a 54* and 55*. The main reason I want one is for a full shot at 75 to 85 yards out. I now hit my 60* about 60 yards and the AW about 100 yards. I can take a bit off of the AW to drop to 90, but struggle taking it down to 80 and 70. I think the 54* or 55* would be great for this area. What do you guys suggest going with? Thanks for your thoughts.

Have you used their fitting tool on the scorgolf website. You can plug on your irons and distances an it will recommend clubs and give you yardages.

Tapatalk

Have you used their fitting tool on the scorgolf website. You can plug on your irons and distances an it will recommend clubs and give you yardages.

Tapatalk

I agree with this but would normally just tend to lean towards the 55* because it makes sense that your gaps would be more even that way.

Grant - this is what I would do:

Figure out the exact distances on your 50 & 60. Use that information to find the middle yardage that you need to cover.

So, if 60* is giving you 60 yards and 50* gives you 100 yards, you have to find that 80 yard club.

I think working with Beau or Shawn via phone would probably be the most accurate way to determine if you are filling that gap with a 54, 55, or 56.

ETA: this is what I saw with the SCOR if it helps:

52* - 105 yards
57* - 90 yards
61* - 75 yards

Grant - this is what I would do:

Figure out the exact distances on your 50 & 60. Use that information to find the middle yardage that you need to cover.

So, if 60* is giving you 60 yards and 50* gives you 100 yards, you have to find that 80 yard club.

I think working with Beau or Shawn via phone would probably be the most accurate way to determine if you are filling that gap with a 54, 55, or 56.

ETA: this is what I saw with the SCOR if it helps:

52* - 105 yards
57* - 90 yards
61* - 75 yards

Beau said go with the 55* to split the difference. I just wanted to see what you guys thought. Thanks man.

Beau said go with the 55* to split the difference. I just wanted to see what you guys thought. Thanks man.

Gotcha - I just did not want to say to automatically split the loft in half because some people hit certain clubs further than others, etc even though they are the same loft. Hope that makes sense.

Gotcha - I just did not want to say to automatically split the loft in half because some people hit certain clubs further than others, etc even though they are the same loft. Hope that makes sense.

I understand completely. That is why have debated between the 54 and 55. So many use a 54 on here and love it. I might just go that route because of that. I might be over thinking it thought. 1 degree might not make that bit of a difference. HAHA

I understand completely. That is why have debated between the 54 and 55. So many use a 54 on here and love it. I might just go that route because of that. I might be over thinking it thought. 1 degree might not make that bit of a difference. HAHA

1 degree is about 2.5 to 3 yards for most golfers. The head design of 54/55 is identical from a shape/weighting vantage point, so if you go 55 and want to dial it down a degree, you could have a club builder strengthen the loft a degree.

I carry a 54 and love that head shape or full wedge shots.

I'll try to take some video this week from tour event in AZ and post up some short game drills Adam and I go through.

Back