What did you shoot today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
9 holes - 52, that's a 48 and 52 in my last two rounds. Feeling a lot better and really seeing some improvements. I feel like I am getting somewhere now and I am starting to know what and where I am going wrong. Feeling pretty good.

43/40. Putting improved when I started using my driver like a belly putter. I know it sounds weird but it worked......

43/40. Putting improved when I started using my driver like a belly putter. I know it sounds weird but it worked......

I've seen that before, and it can work well. I was paired up with a guy this past Summer who dropped his putter on the third hole and the hosel snapped. I let use my putter on that hole (he holed a really long par putt), but he didn't want to keep using my putter so he switched to his 3 Wood. I don't recall him making any real long ones, but his lag putting with the 3 wood was awesome.

I took advantage of some relatively nice weather here in Niagara Falls. It was knocking on 45*-50* it was real windy and soft. But seeing that it is Jan 7th here on Canada's South Coast... I will not complain. So I thought I`d get out and play 9. It gave me a chance to try the RIFE belly on the course. Just not too sure if I like the feel of it so it will not be making the trip to FL. All in all it was a real good round. I hit the fairway on the first hole and then missed the green by 3 feet. I chipped in for birdie. I ended up hitting 7/7 fw and 8/9 gir. This was en route to a -2 (33). I did lip out 2 putts as well. I played a real control game. Didn't go after it hard on my drives and only hit driver about 230-240 just easy swings.

Loving the Callaway Diablo Forged irons and Jaws CC wedges. The jury is out still for the woods. Just don't know if they'll make it to FL as well. If I can keep this going.... 2012 will in fact be a terrific year.

Alex

Shot a 94 today, which is high considering I was completely on fire with my irons. I gained all of my strokes because I was dead to rights on the green. My putting was horrendous, and had it been just a little better I would have been in the mid 80s, easy. I can't wait to get that SeeMore in...I think working with that would have saved me a few strokes.

I took advantage of some relatively nice weather here in Niagara Falls. It was knocking on 45*-50* it was real windy and soft. But seeing that it is Jan 7th here on Canada's South Coast... I will not complain. So I thought I`d get out and play 9. It gave me a chance to try the RIFE belly on the course. Just not too sure if I like the feel of it so it will not be making the trip to FL. All in all it was a real good round. I hit the fairway on the first hole and then missed the green by 3 feet. I chipped in for birdie. I ended up hitting 7/7 fw and 8/9 gir. This was en route to a -2 (33). I did lip out 2 putts as well. I played a real control game. Didn't go after it hard on my drives and only hit driver about 230-240 just easy swings.

Loving the Callaway Diablo Forged irons and Jaws CC wedges. The jury is out still for the woods. Just don't know if they'll make it to FL as well. If I can keep this going.... 2012 will in fact be a terrific year.

Alex

Yeah I'd say thats a pretty daggone good round Alex, congrats!

Way to go Alex!! Killer shooting man, impressive.

Tappin' from CM's iPad!

Thanks a bunch. I'm real pleased about it. What I'm happy with is the fact that I'm already able to control my ballflight with the new irons. I cheated the wind nicely by hitting traps and keeping it under the wind.. on #8 Par 3 143 yds today I hit a real beauty knockdown 7 iron to 5 feet. Lipped the birdie out. I don't have the confidence with the RIFE yet.

Alex

Thanks a bunch. I'm real pleased about it. What I'm happy with is the fact that I'm already able to control my ballflight with the new irons. I cheated the wind nicely by hitting traps and keeping it under the wind.. on #8 Par 3 143 yds today I hit a real beauty knockdown 7 iron to 5 feet. Lipped the birdie out. I don't have the confidence with the RIFE yet.

Alex

That's very cool. Played to your strengths and the results showed. Could have obviously been better with the putter working. Great stuff!

Tappin' from CM's iPad!

Played 9 holes today and shot 39. It was quite windy and I had 6 pars and 3 bogeys.

Played 9 holes today and shot 39. It was quite windy and I had 6 pars and 3 bogeys.

Nice score with wind JB.

Thanks a bunch Cookie. I was just happy getting out and having the chance to play. I do have one problem but it's a good one to have I think. I'll discuss it in a different thread.

Alex

Played 18 holes of golf and my ball striking was better than ever but we should have a (3 - putt Limit) on our greens right now :banghead:. I shot an 84 and that was the absolutely best I could have hoped for, seriously. I did get a nice suprise from our assistant pro today:

Spoiler
BillAward.jpg

Played 18 holes of golf and my ball striking was better than ever but we should have a (3 - putt Limit) on our greens right now :banghead:. I shot an 84 and that was the absolutely best I could have hoped for, seriously. I did get a nice suprise from our assistant pro today:

Spoiler
BillAward.jpg

That's pretty cool OG, congrats on the award.

Took advantage of the nice weather in VA today and played 18 holes at my home course, Brickshire. Shot 81 with five 3 putts, was hitting the ball fairly well just couldn't get a putt in the hole today.

Earl

I played horrible today, shot a 99 in the cold and wind. Probably lost about 10 strokes on just chunks and miss hits.

I played horrible today, shot a 99 in the cold and wind. Probably lost about 10 strokes on just chunks and miss hits.

When it gets cold.. this can happen so easily. Your hands and arms tighten and you don't even realize it. Just think of it this way. You got out my friend. Always better than doing housework.

Alex

I was striking the ball very well today in the wet and the cold and scrambled my way to a 83. My ball striking is the best its ever been right now.

I was striking the ball very well today in the wet and the cold and scrambled my way to a 83. My ball striking is the best its ever been right now.

Pretty solid man. Feels really good when you know you are hitting it well. Post round, you probably saw where you could have easily broken 80 also. Keep it up!!

Tappin' from CM's iPad!

Pretty solid man. Feels really good when you know you are hitting it well. Post round, you probably saw where you could have easily broken 80 also. Keep it up!!

Tappin' from CM's iPad!
Yep, those wasted shots were there as usual and I should have broken 80 but I think those wasted shots are the reason I'm not yet a single digit HC.

Nice round man. Why you shooting low while your hdcp is frozen. Whats wrong with you haha

Nice round man. Why you shooting low while your hdcp is frozen. Whats wrong with you haha
I know, stupid winter golf.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back