Bridgestone Enters The Morgan Cup

that' great to hear!

he recommended 2 shafts that were pretty high priced, and while I'd love to have the one, I don't want to be that guy

I hear what you're saying. I'm gonna have to talk to them. I like how they're really cool about it.

Did he recommend a higher launching shaft with the low spin J40 or did he mention anything about the shaft in relation to spin?

we talked a lot about spin. He was saying the J40 445 is one of the lowest spin heads on the market. I asked for a higher launching shaft when we talked.

we talked a lot about spin. He was saying the J40 445 is one of the lowest spin heads on the market. I asked for a higher launching shaft when we talked.

Alright then. The curiosity is killing me. What did he recommend? I am trying to find an option similar to the C. Kua 43S with a flex code of 8722.

I love the idea of the low spin head and can't wait to put it in play. The stock PX is mid to high if I recall correctly. Thinking its a solid fit for that head paired together intentionally by their development team.

Tappin' from CM's iPad!

I love the idea of the low spin head and can't wait to put it in play. The stock PX is mid to high if I recall correctly. Thinking its a solid fit for that head paired together intentionally by their development team.

Tappin' from CM's iPad!

are you talking mid-high spin or launch?

Setho and Tmex are never going to get an order in now. I can see the hamster's in their brains going overtime on that wheel right now.

Setho and Tmex are never going to get an order in now. I can see the hamster's in their brains going overtime on that wheel right now.

haha so true

are you talking mid-high spin or launch?

Sorry, launch. Not sure if I saw anything specific to spin of the shaft. You know offhand?

ETA: it is low spin. Is that bad to have a low spin head & shaft?

Tappin' from CM's iPad!

Sorry, launch. Not sure if I saw anything specific to spin of the shaft. You know offhand?

Tappin' from CM's iPad!

I always thought PX was a mid launch shaft with low spin because of the firm tip section

I always thought PX was a mid launch shaft with low spin because of the firm tip section

Your right, edited my above post. Low spin shaft and head a bad thing?

Tappin' from CM's iPad!

Your right, edited my above post. Low spin shaft and head a bad thing?

Tappin' from CM's iPad!

no, depends on the player

ddec's right cookie, it depends on the golfer. I like low spin/low spin as I typically generate enough spin on my own. I imagine a low spin player with that kind of set up is killing his distance though.

ddec's right cookie, it depends on the golfer. I like low spin/low spin as I typically generate enough spin on my own. I imagine a low spin player with that kind of set up is killing his distance though.

yup, and shows why fittings are a big deal

haha. I am actually thinking all my shaft choices. I just got done with a BFit guy and he said that the S300 would be a good shaft for me to keep the flight low as the DPC's will launch a little higher than my current irons. I don't have any problem getting my irons in the air (when I don't hit them thin that is haha).

That PX Black is just beautiful and I have read some good things about it. I am going definitely going PX in my woods for certain. It is just a matter if it is blue or black.

Thanks for the info guys, I definitely generate enough spin off the tee on my own but will confirm on a LM.

Tappin' from CM's iPad!

Lol Hamsters are turning. I would say before I was a high spin player. But I've worked extremely hard on not coming steep at the ball. I'm absolutely destroying my ZStar right now. The J40 445 is an absolute prefect driver for me, I just need the right shaft. I don't know if the PX would fit well. I love hitting this and the 4w down in Florida. What a beast.

my last drive of the weekend was a smashed J40 4 wood while down there. May have been the only good drive I hit for 4 days. That club is legit

my last drive of the weekend was a smashed J40 4 wood while down there. May have been the only good drive I hit for 4 days. That club is legit

I have gone back and forth between the 3+ and 4 but think I am going with the 4 wood as it is the same size as the 3+ and should be a little easier to hit off the deck. I should have hit this club a bit more in Florida but the 445 Driver was working so well.

I have gone back and forth between the 3+ and 4 but think I am going with the 4 wood as it is the same size as the 3+ and should be a little easier to hit off the deck. I should have hit this club a bit more in Florida but the 445 Driver was working so well.
I'm going 3+ and a 5 wood, I cannot wait either. In fact I can't wait for the entire J40 metal woods, everything about them screams awesome. I'm sticking with my J40 445 with PX 6.0 shaft, it's going to be a bomber!

I am assuming that the 445 had the stock PX shaft in it? 5.5 or 6.0?

Tappin' from CM's iPad!

I am assuming that the 445 had the stock PX shaft in it? 5.5 or 6.0?

Tappin' from CM's iPad!

ddec or JB may need to step in here but it was a Matrix shaft that was a few years old I think. It was regular flex and I need stiff but I felt pretty good and kept it in the fairway most of the time on a fairly tight course.

ddec or JB may need to step in here but it was a Matrix shaft that was a few years old I think. It was regular flex and I need stiff but I felt pretty good and kept it in the fairway most of the time on a fairly tight course.

If it was that orange one it was the one I installed when down there. UST Attas shaft

If it was that orange one it was the one I installed when down there. UST Attas shaft

Yep, that was the one.

That was a bomb.

Back