One last question. If using a non-Pure grip I know you need tape. Is this tape only something you can buy at a golf shop or is it something you can get at a hardware store. Do you have to soak it in solvent?

This could be a really cool and fast way to change your grips. I will be considering adding this to my work bench.

One last question. If using a non-Pure grip I know you need tape. Is this tape only something you can buy at a golf shop or is it something you can get at a hardware store. Do you have to soak it in solvent?

For non pure grips I have used both regular grip tape that I get from a golf store or just regular masking tape that you can pick up at a hardware store. For either one I have a spray bottle of solvent that I just use a dew squirts of solvent and then use the compressor to slide it on.

Thanks buddy!

Just did a set of irons - both removing and replacing with the Pure gun in about 20 minutes. No mess and quick.

Just did a set of irons - both removing and replacing with the Pure gun in about 20 minutes. No mess and quick.

incredibly easy isn't Hawk?

incredibly easy isn't Hawk?

The hardest part was getting the old grips cut off. I wanted to Pure them off, but they were all taped up and stuck.

The hardest part was getting the old grips cut off. I wanted to Pure them off, but they were all taped up and stuck.

yeah some times it works, and other times not so much.
removing the old ones is a pain. If you are looking to remove the old tape too it's even worse. PING uses some kind of tape that is so incredibly easy to remove, I wish the other companies did the same.
How did you do with lining everything up or did you go logo down?

yeah some times it works, and other times not so much.
removing the old ones is a pain. If you are looking to remove the old tape too it's even worse. PING uses some kind of tape that is so incredibly easy to remove, I wish the other companies did the same.
How did you do with lining everything up or did you go logo down?

The irons I was working on had some tape that was pretty easy to work with, though I left it on since I was re-gripping with the Lamkins.

I had no issues lining them up. If I am off at all, I just give the gun a squeeze and twist it where I want it. That's one of my favorite things.

The irons I was working on had some tape that was pretty easy to work with, though I left it on since I was re-gripping with the Lamkins.

I had no issues lining them up. If I am off at all, I just give the gun a squeeze and twist it where I want it. That's one of my favorite things.

sounds funny, but yes it's that easy

I didn't realize this until last night, but you can do a pistol-style putter grip really easily too. The one I replaced had no tape under it, so I left it as is.

I think I am very interested in putting some Pure grips on my clubs. Very intrigued.

Well, you get a 20% discount on the THP grips and I think they are my favorite Pure style. The gun is money dude. Get it.

Well, you get a 20% discount on the THP grips and I think they are my favorite Pure style. The gun is money dude. Get it.

Couldnt agree more. The gun is awesome. Makes things so incredibly easy

How much air pressure do you need?

Can all grips be applied with the gun? Can grips that have been put on with solvent come off with the gun?

Can all grips be applied with the gun? Can grips that have been put on with solvent come off with the gun?

Yes and sometimes.

Yes to both but the 2nd part is difficult.

Then its settled i am going to invest one

if you are going to try and save a grip it's easier getting the tool from golfworks. Removing them with the gun isn't impossible.

Blugold - when I install I think I get the air pressure up to around 60 psi before I start.

60 psi is a good chuck of pressure. I am excited for this little project.

60 psi is a good chuck of pressure. I am excited for this little project.

Well I can tell you that you will not blow them out. In the last 30 minutes I installed one with 125 PSI with zero issues.

A little much perhaps....but it worked. :D

Tappin' from CM's iPad!

I'm thinking of flying some THP colours on the course. 60 psi...and a gun? Now it's a party! I predict I get hurt LOL

Alex

Well I can tell you that you will not blow them out. In the last 30 minutes I installed one with 125 PSI with zero issues.

A little much perhaps....but it worked. :D

Tappin' from CM's iPad!

Yeah ive gone up pretty high with the pressure. I basically turn the compressor on, let it run for a few minutes and then fire away

60 psi won't hurt much I don't think. I put 3 wraps under mine and had to crank it up to 100 psi with no negative effects.

Back