Cleveland Classic Driver - THP Preview Thread

I got to hit one of these beauties when the opportunity comes. Awesome looking stick and with the right motor under the hood it could be lethal.

Went out today with this one and took the stock shaft instead of my normal driver. The standard C. Kua in this shaft might be a gamer for a lot of people. Great ball flight, wonderful balance and definitely a great feel.

Went out today with this one and took the stock shaft instead of my normal driver. The standard C. Kua in this shaft might be a gamer for a lot of people. Great ball flight, wonderful balance and definitely a great feel.

Is that the standard "stiff" flex code in that one?

That's the 43S C. Kua?

That's the 43S C. Kua?

That is the one. I loved it in the 290 and even more in the FL 3 wood, so I wanted to give it more time. I really like the balance it has with the driver and it worked quite well for me.

That is the one. I loved it in the 290 and even more in the FL 3 wood, so I wanted to give it more time. I really like the balance it has with the driver and it worked quite well for me.

So one has to ask: stock or Kusala White?

More time needed. I have been playing the White on course for quite a bit now and there is a comfort there. However when I play next week, I am going to use the standard offering and see what I find. THen put them both on the monitor and go from there.

When I had the opportunity to hit the Classic, I really liked the standard C. Kua that was in it. I was hitting it quite well on the range, and loved the feel with it. I think the standard that comes in it is better for me than the White. I think Tadashi hit both as well, but preferred the white?

I am looking forward to trying this driver out, but pretty sure I would have to swap out shafts. Tried the Cleveland 290 and wound up with 19* launch angle and 4,000rpm spin. Ouch. Never cared for the FL 3wood. I think the C.Kua and I were just not meant to be together.

Really loved the sound and feel of the 290, though. I have no need for a new driver (and I will catch hell from the wife for it), but I am really drawn to the Classic visually.

I am looking forward to trying this driver out, but pretty sure I would have to swap out shafts. Tried the Cleveland 290 and wound up with 19* launch angle and 4,000rpm spin. Ouch. Never cared for the FL 3wood. I think the C.Kua and I were just not meant to be together.

Really loved the sound and feel of the 290, though. I have no need for a new driver (and I will catch hell from the wife for it), but I am really drawn to the Classic visually.

Before you are set on it, make sure you try it with the stock shaft. This is a very different head and my launch is much lower on this one than with the FL 290.

More time needed. I have been playing the White on course for quite a bit now and there is a comfort there. However when I play next week, I am going to use the standard offering and see what I find. THen put them both on the monitor and go from there.

You have two of these heads? Share the love man!! :alien:

--
tapatalk

Thanks for the stock shaft thoughts, JB. I like that shaft in the FL, so I definitely need to give it a fair shot in this.

You have two of these heads? Share the love man!! :alien:

--
tapatalk

Had a rough week? You hit both of the heads when we all played at Westchase.

I got to hit one of these beauties when the opportunity comes. Awesome looking stick and with the right motor under the hood it could be lethal.

Exactly what I'm thinking, and I plan to finally replace my G10 with a new driver this year. This club will certainly be a contender to make the bag.

Had a rough week? You hit both of the heads when we all played at Westchase.

Really? God I'm turning into gray, oh well I had a good run.

In my defense I was loaded up on energy drinks.

--
tapatalk

--
tapatalk

Lol thats pretty funny

--
tapatalk

Yes and you hit the one with the standard shaft really really really good.

I'm glad someone remembers. I hit everything really really really good all the time...ha!

Despite the release date I hope these are on the fitting vans now. 2 demo days down here next week and this along with the black irons are on the radar.

--
tapatalk

--
tapatalk

I was about to post what JB just did. You were similar to me with hitting the Classic with the standard shaft well vs the White. I really like the Classic with the standard shaft in there, felt good and loved the way the Classic sets up at address.

I was about to post what JB just did. You were similar to me with hitting the Classic with the standard shaft well vs the White. I really like the Classic with the standard shaft in there, felt good and loved the way the Classic sets up at address.

This is going to require another trip to THP HQ, the more I go back through this thread the more the Classic appeals me. From the good looks and JB's feedback on the vertical forgiveness of the head, I'm quite interested. Admittedly it's hard to hit another driver after playing the Black for this amount of time because everything feels so heavy, it takes several swings to get used to the heavier weight again.

This is going to require another trip to THP HQ, the more I go back through this thread the more the Classic appeals me. From the good looks and JB's feedback on the vertical forgiveness of the head, I'm quite interested. Admittedly it's hard to hit another driver after playing the Black for this amount of time because everything feels so heavy, it takes several swings to get used to the heavier weight again.
I had been hitting the Classic for a while before going to the Black you had on the range and it was an interesting transition. The Black always feel so light until you get a few swings with it.

One of my favorite aspects of the Classic is the size of the face, it just seems so much larger than other drivers when framing the ball at address. I felt that it gave me a sense of confidence that putting a square, solid club face on the ball was easy.

Wish I wasn't going to the opposite end of Florida from THP HQ...I'll be near Ft Lauderdale for two weeks starting Jan. 29th. I really would love to hit this driver.

Edit: Except that I'm a lefty. I fail.

I had been hitting the Classic for a while before going to the Black you had on the range and it was an interesting transition. The Black always feel so light until you get a few swings with it.

One of my favorite aspects of the Classic is the size of the face, it just seems so much larger than other drivers when framing the ball at address. I felt that it gave me a sense of confidence that putting a square, solid club face on the ball was easy.

I like to hear that. I moved back to my R9 in the hopes that I could get an idea what a little lower spinning head would do for me, but it just seems small after playing a 460cc head for so long. I went back and looked at the pics in the first post and this thing just looks beefy.

i-TvHBg4Z-L.jpg

i-C4cvRZj-L.jpg

Back