Equipment Pondering - W/ OEM Kevin

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, the other day I was pondering the 910 D2 Driver. That's no longer on my mind. Hit the R11 9 degree today and was absolutely smashing it. Had a little more backspin than I want, but with the right shaft I think this could be my new driver. Hit a few 260 carrys.

What shaft was in there, the stock Blur or something else? Did you get the launch and spin numbers or just the spin?

What shaft was in there, the stock Blur or something else? Did you get the launch and spin numbers or just the spin?

I didn't ask him to change the shaft and there were people behind me, so I didn't pay a ton of attention today, gonna go back Monday and take my time to try some more shafts, so I'm assuming the stock Blur, in stiff. My average spin just roughly estimating was probably 3400ish? Blah that could be a little off, I should've payed more attention. I really, really, really liked it though. I was drawing it about 5 yards also, which I've never done. I usually have a 5-8 yard fade with my driver now.

I've been looking more closely at my putter and it seems like it has an open face. Held it to the light, eyed it from the grip straight to white club face alignment dash. It sure looks like it has an open face. Placed it the tight carpeted floor while loosely in my hand and the heel twisted forward. Golly, is that what my buddy Tony was talking about when I original bought it over 15 yrs. ago. So, either I'll have our local club maker/fixer have it remedied or as I've been doing today. Pondering a new putter. I'm thinking Odyssey White Ice #2.

I've been looking more closely at my putter and it seems like it has an open face. Held it to the light, eyed it from the grip straight to white club face alignment dash. It sure looks like it has an open face. Placed it the tight carpeted floor while loosely in my hand and the heel twisted forward. Golly, is that what my buddy Tony was talking about when I original bought it over 15 yrs. ago. So, either I'll have our local club maker/fixer have it remedied or as I've been doing today. Pondering a new putter. I'm thinking Odyssey White Ice #2.

Call me crazy, but could it also just be the grip not aligned properly. The Tour 940 seems pretty square, but I could see if the grip was off center it would appear that way. To me anyway and I could be wrong here.

I didn't ask him to change the shaft and there were people behind me, so I didn't pay a ton of attention today, gonna go back Monday and take my time to try some more shafts, so I'm assuming the stock Blur, in stiff. My average spin just roughly estimating was probably 3400ish? Blah that could be a little off, I should've payed more attention. I really, really, really liked it though. I was drawing it about 5 yards also, which I've never done. I usually have a 5-8 yard fade with my driver now.

The standard setup in the R11 is slightly draw-biased (reversing the weights makes it fade-biased), but I'm not sure that alone would result in a draw for you. If it felt really good, I would go back and ask the guy to test you out with a couple of different shafts if they've got a TM fitting cart there. 260 yard carry is pretty stout, I'd imagine your ballspeed was above 150 mph. The 3 big things to know are ballspeed, launch angle and spin.

The standard setup in the R11 is slightly draw-biased (reversing the weights makes it fade-biased), but I'm not sure that alone would result in a draw for you. If it felt really good, I would go back and ask the guy to test you out with a couple of different shafts if they've got a TM fitting cart there. 260 yard carry is pretty stout, I'd imagine your ballspeed was above 150 mph. The 3 big things to know are ballspeed, launch angle and spin.

yeah, the 260 carries (there were about 3) I really got a hold of, and the ballspeed for those was right around 149-151 from what I remember. Usually my ballspeed is right around 135-140. Those 3 I were really trying to crank, I probably wouldn't normally swing like that. I'll definitely go back, test some different shafts and get some numbers. I'm assuming I could probably benefit from a lower-spin shaft.

Picking up 140$ from winning my fantasy football league...part of me is wanting a new 588, part of me wants to put that towards a fw, and the smart part is telling me I need to buy a putter that actually works for me since that part of my game is a joke right now.

Pretty sure I want a center shaft...Probably will look at both broom and a belly models. Any suggestions on putters to roll?

Picking up 140$ from winning my fantasy football league...part of me is wanting a new 588, part of me wants to put that towards a fw, and the smart part is telling me I need to buy a putter that actually works for me since that part of my game is a joke right now.

Pretty sure I want a center shaft...Probably will look at both broom and a belly models. Any suggestions on putters to roll?

Well, your not going to know if it works for you just by rolling in a store. If you can't do a full fledged fitting I would at least call SeeMore and discuss with them your putting game/struggles. Not much doubt that they could get you into a CS model in your range ($175) for a standard model but obviously a longer putter will have a higher price tag.

If you want to go the buy and try route, the Drone belly is a must try IMO. I also really liked the TM Spyder belly. Good luck!

Well, your not going to know if it works for you just by rolling in a store. If you can't do a full fledged fitting I would at least call SeeMore and discuss with them your putting game/struggles. Not much doubt that they could get you into a CS model in your range ($175) for a standard model but obviously a longer putter will have a higher price tag.

If you want to go the buy and try route, the Drone belly is a must try IMO. I also really liked the TM Spyder belly. Good luck!

I was probably going to go up to about 200$ for a putter. The drone and the CS Spider are both on my list as well as the seemores (I flip flop a lot on the hard or soft feel). I have looked into fittings and was actually thinking of heading to Ping's headquarters next week to do it.

Miyazaki C. Kua shafts to finish off your iron set perhaps?

He'll have to win another 100 fantasy leagues to afford those.
I believe he already ordered one, with $200 he can get 6-7 more to finish off the set.

I'm pondering the VR_S Driver, does anyone know where I can find an online Nike Golf Catalog.

Call me crazy, but could it also just be the grip not aligned properly. The Tour 940 seems pretty square, but I could see if the grip was off center it would appear that way. To me anyway and I could be wrong here.

You're not crazy, JB. I agree with you. That's probably the culprit. So, it'll be an easy fix. I'll do just that, have the putter re-gripped properly. I have used it all this time with nothing done to it. Thanks JB.

You're not crazy, JB. I agree with you. That's probably the culprit. So, it'll be an easy fix. I'll do just that, have the putter re-gripped properly. I have used it all this time with nothing done to it. Thanks JB.

Yeah JB. That's what's wrong with putter. The grip isn't aligned properly.
In the meantime, I have 3 months to ponder that Odyssey putter anyways. MUUAHAHAHA

Please someone find me some Bridgestone west coast wedges!!! They are damn near extinct :(

Sent from my DROID X2 using Tapatalk

I need some new spikes. Which is a better spike
Pulsar
51tEqEBH9pL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

or

Black Widow tour?

519u1VY2mkL._AA300_.jpg

Miyazaki C. Kua shafts to finish off your iron set perhaps?

Already have the $ set aside for them. Just waiting on the one to get here before I order more. I forgot how hard it is to find a putter...walked into PGA SS and felt like a kid in a candy shop.

Pondering what the new 4W will be or if I go Mashie Fairway 3W....

Mashie fairway is a great ponder Jman!

Pondering what the new 4W will be or if I go Mashie Fairway 3W....

You can go wrong with either the j40 or the mashie fw. Both are fantastic clubs

You can go wrong with either the j40 or the mashie fw. Both are fantastic clubs

Yep, I LOVE the concept of the shorter shaft on the Mashie, but I love tht the J40 is a 16* 4 instead of a 17*. Plus, I have apprehensions of 3W's from past experience. I honestly have NO clue at this point.

Those two are certainly at the top of my list though.

Yep, I LOVE the concept of the shorter shaft on the Mashie, but I love tht the J40 is a 16* 4 instead of a 17*. Plus, I have apprehensions of 3W's from past experience. I honestly have NO clue at this point.

Those two are certainly at the top of my list though.

I used to be the same way until I found a 3w this year that I was real comfortable with. When mc came around and I had the razr 3 wood, I was a mess. Couldnt hit it off the tee or turf.

I think the sole of the masie fw will help a lot of people who fear or have issues hitting a fairway wood off the turf. The j40 is just a great stick all around.

My pondering of a 4W is over with the purchase of a Black 3W which is 16*. That's very 4W like and should do the job.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back