Adams Speedline Super XTD Fairway and Idea Super XTD Hybrid

Anyone know when this will be released for sale?

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk

Wow, looks great but definitely pricey..... Will have to swing 'me and see I guess.

I know MSRP van be high st times, but anything over 249 is extreme for a fairway wood. And a hybrid? It's just too high of a price, and Adams doesn't have the crowd behind them that Nike and TaylorMade and Titleist have, so I predict it's sales won't be huge.

I think this is very naive. Adams has a huge following both of sponsored tour players and amateurs. They don't do as much marketing as nike or taylormade might, but have no doubt, they are a popular company.

As for my thoughts, I agree with most that this is quite expensive, but it sounds like an incredible product! It has incredible aesthetics, the tested and proved velocity slot tech, and the ease of use that comes with the name "Adams." I think that the price will come down off that high number fairly quickly (by April or so), and then we will hear a lot more about it....

I am a big fan of the looks on this one but that price is crazy! IMO its crazy to ask 300+ for a FW, I will never pay more than 250 for a FW.

I don't think these are a mass market club, just like the TP versions of woods and drivers. R11S TP is $500 and the 910 series can approach $600+ depending on the shaft at TGW.

I don't think these are a mass market club, just like the TP versions of woods and drivers. R11S TP is $500 and the 910 series can approach $600+ depending on the shaft at TGW.

I'd also like to mention MSRP of the Speedline F11 is $299.... it's selling places for $199. Not only that, sounds like you get the "upgraded" type shaft right off the bat. Tour Edge FW's can MSRP for $400. While I don't know if that's the type of street price you'll see on this one, I'd say hold off judgement until we see a street price.

I'd also like to mention MSRP of the Speedline F11 is $299.... it's selling places for $199. Not only that, sounds like you get the "upgraded" type shaft right off the bat. Tour Edge FW's can MSRP for $400. While I don't know if that's the type of street price you'll see on this one, I'd say hold off judgement until we see a street price.

Yes indeed.

We rule. I'm pretty interested in these. I'm a fan of the velocity slot.

So is that tall guy who can't seal the deal on a major :) I was surprised how much I like the 12os hybrids since I've never been a huge Adams hybrid guy.

So is that tall guy who can't seal the deal on a major :) I was surprised how much I like the 12os hybrids since I've never been a huge Adams hybrid guy.

Wasn't either Hawkster. A12os are legit and so are the A12's.

Are you kidding me with those prices?
Not a chance would I even consider buying those.
IMHO, Adams has lost their collective minds.

Didn't Adams have a $599 price tag on the 9064LS when it first came out? And what did it end up selling for? High $200's I believe. And they were only there for a few months before being relegate to the bargain rack and selling for $199. Now they're to be had for $100-$150.
Point being. Despite whatever reasoning Adams has for putting a $350 MSRP on their clubs there is no way that they are gonna be marked at more than mid/mid high $200's. Adams aren't dummies. They know what is gonna drive their business into the ground. And this would be it.

P.S. Correct me if I'm wrong on the original MSRP of that 9064.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

I can't wait to hit these! They look great and I think I can get over the top slot if it performs. The silver I love. Reminds me of the old king cobra woods in the 90's. The sole to the club looks awesome to me. Nice shaft offering too. I think if this is $299 or less I will give it a shot against the rocketballz, Cleveland black, cobra amp, and razr fit. Adams has come along ways since the tight lies.

Are you kidding me with those prices?
Not a chance would I even consider buying those.
IMHO, Adams has lost their collective minds.

Have you read through the thread on all the responses?

Just checking on this to see if anybody has hit it yet?

Just checking on this to see if anybody has hit it yet?

have not, but did just get an email saying they were available. 299 for both hybrid and fairway. Too steep for me. Hope they are at demo day though because I'd like to test it out

So it looks like a street price of $299 but selling on the bay for $240 incl shipping. Even at $240, I can't do that for a hybrid.

Capture-4.jpg

Yeah it's ridiculously expensive. Since it's out now I wanted to know if it lives up to the price tag.

Yeah it's ridiculously expensive. Since it's out now I wanted to know if it lives up to the price tag.

I just don't get how everyone thinks that they are so expensive. $239 is what the hybrid is going for, it's titanium and comes with a real deal fubuki ax. Many other companies including titleist and taylormade are charging >$200 for steel heads and made-for shafts.

I just don't get how everyone thinks that they are so expensive. $239 is what the hybrid is going for, it's titanium and comes with a real deal fubuki ax. Many other companies including titleist and taylormade are charging >$200 for steel heads and made-for shafts.

They're $299 most places..Golfsmith, GolfGalaxy, TGW, intheholegolf.com, GPPGolf.com

Good points about the titanium and real-deal shaft. BTW, :welcome:

Agreed, but if he's finding them for $239 somewhere I'd like to know where.

The Bay, that's where they are $239 with free shipping.

I hit the FW, I wasn't overly impressed. The distance looked to be good (hitting on the range), but the feel left a lot to be desired and the dispersion was pretty high for me.

Back