GolferGal

Chick Norris
Boss Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Handicap
Golf
THIS IS A PRESS RELEASE:

Velocity Slot Technology + New Multi-Material Construction = Hottest Fairway Woods and Hybrids Ever

PLANO, TEXAS, January 17, 2012 – The latest innovation from Adams Golf (Nasdaq:ADGF) combines a new multi-material construction method with Velocity Slot Technology for unmatched ball speeds and distance gains never before seen in fairway woods and hybrids.

”The unconventional, spare no expense, approach we used in our Super XTD line will wow golfers with unmatched performance. We are extremely excited to give the most discerning golfers the best performing clubs with this lineup.” said Tim Reed, Vice President of R&D for Adams Golf.

i-9cKFFDf-S.jpg
i-bjbBgrS-S.jpg

Speedline Super XTD Fairway
The Speedline Super XTD Fairway features a titanium body fused with an ultra-thin formed titanium crown, and tungsten weights in the sole to lower the club’s center of gravity. The extremely low CG combined with the addition of Velocity Slot Technology and the titanium face creates a fairway wood that is as hot as a driver. The high CT makes the XTD Fairway Wood 36% hotter than a traditional fairway wood resulting in exceptional distance. In addition to the increased ball speed, the Super XTD Fairway produces a higher launch while keeping the spin rate low.

i-97xgck6-S.jpg
i-mndssBv-S.jpg

Idea Super XTD Hybrid
The Idea Super XTD Hybrid uses a new multi-material brazed construction to combine a one piece titanium crown and face with a stainless steel sole. By using Velocity Slot Technology along with optimal materials and construction techniques engineers deliver the CT of a driver while simultaneously producing one of the lowest possible centers of gravity (CG). This fantastic combination increases ball speed, increases launch angle and reduces spin rates. Combining Second Generation Velocity Slot Technology and multi-material construction makes the Idea Super XTD Hybrid the most advanced and hottest hybrid on the market. In our testing, we have seen this hybrid deliver fantastic performance gains for virtually all player types.

Fubuki AX
Adams Golf is happy to announce that the XTD products will be offered with one of the most widely used shafts on professional tours worldwide. The Speedline Super XTD Fairway will be offered with the Fubuki AX Fairway 65 gram shaft. The Idea Super XTD Hybrid will come standard with the Fubuki AX Hybrid 70 gram shaft.

Models, Pricing and Availability
The Speedline Super XTD Fairway will be available for an MSRP of $349.99 and will ship from Adams Golf on March 1[SUP]st[/SUP]. The Idea Super XTD Hybrid will be offered at an MSRP of $349.99 and will ship from Adams Golf on February 15[SUP]th[/SUP].

Available Models and lofts are as follows:

Speedline Super XTD FW: 3+ (13°), 3 (14.5°) and 5 (18°) in right-handed
3+ (13°), 3 (14.5°) and 5 (18°) in left-handed
Idea Super XTD Hybrid: 17°, 19° and 21° in right-handed
17°, 19° and 21° in left-handed

Adams Golf (Nasdaq: ADGF), the maker of the #1 Hybrid on Tour, is driven to develop innovative products to allow golfers of all skill levels to enjoy the game of golf. Adams Golf produces and sells golf equipment under the Adams Golf and Yes! Putters brands. For more information, please visit www.adamsgolf.com or shop.adamsgolf.com.

Yikes at the price, but they sound great.

these look pretty good...is that a silver or a shade of white? I didnt love the last hybrid but I know a lot of people who did

Wow, that's pricey. They look great, though.

Last edited:
Yeah I think the new Adams are silver crowned, but $350 for a hybrid?

Sticker shock but they look nice and I look forward to seeing one in person.

I don't think they will sell for that much but I really like the color. After testing Adams clubs, I'm a firm believer in the velocity slot tech.

$350 MSRP? Oh my.....

I don't think they will sell for that much but I really like the color. After testing Adams clubs, I'm a firm believer in the velocity slot tech.

I think any time you price a FW as much as some drivers it can hurt the sales. I'm with you on the velocity slot tech, I think it works. I do like the looks of it, but the price would drive me away from it.

I hope you are right for the love of the hotlist and all things Tebow. I was hitting the A12 hybrid in GG last week and really enjoyed it so I bet this is quite good too.

I was really excited until I saw the MSRP.

Still searching for the perfect Hybrid. But, at that price, I'll look further.

I think any time you price a FW as much as some drivers it can hurt the sales. I'm with you on the velocity slot tech, I think it works. I do like the looks of it, but the price would drive me away from it.

I don't think you're going to see that price on the shelves Deano. Look at the MSRP of a lot of other clubs.

I hope you are right for the love of the hotlist and all things Tebow. I was hitting the A12 hybrid in GG last week and really enjoyed it so I bet this is quite good too.

Same here broham! I'd love to give this one a few whacks.

Nice looking for sure, spendy though! I love that they've got Fubuki shafts in them, but couldn't they have still kept the price a little closer to affordable and still put a great shaft in? Other OEMs are doing it. I'd still love to check these out.

I don't think you're going to see that price on the shelves Deano. Look at the MSRP of a lot of other clubs.

No I don't think so either, but if the MSRP is 349, I bet you see it for 299

Nice looking for sure, spendy though! I love that they've got Fubuki shafts in them, but couldn't they have still kept the price a little closer to affordable and still put a great shaft in? Other OEMs are doing it. I'd still love to check these out.

I kinda wish the same P4B but it seems like this is a real deal shaft. You look at clubs like the 910 which offer the new Diamana line but they're all made for. Not that they're bad shafts but in my experience hitting them, they don't feel the same nor do they give me the same numbers. Very few companies but the true aftermarket shafts. I don't want it to come across as me saying that aftermarkets are better but they do drive the cost up in other clubs, especially if you go that route.

No I don't think so either, but if the MSRP is 349, I bet you see it for 299

Maybe dude, but I don't think these clubs are aimed at the everyday guy going in there looking to save a few bucks. Do I agree? Not sure I do but I think this club is for a different golfer.

These look great. Can't wait to hit them.

If it performs as it sounds it will I'll be swinging this at Demo day. I don't usually make a big deal,out of price but that mario seems a little out of character for Adams.

Maybe dude, but I don't think these clubs are aimed at the everyday guy going in there looking to save a few bucks. Do I agree? Not sure I do but I think this club is for a different golfer.

serious golfers spend serious cash

serious golfers spend serious cash

Dean, that is a correct statement for the most part. They either spend the cheddar or have access to deals usually. If this is a club that fits someone, and that person was already going in thinking they would probably need to go the custom route.. it might win them over. Then again,the sales staff has to be educated on the product and probably get it in their hands. That's that part that I don't know. Who spends that much on a hybrid? The FW maybe depending on shaft choice but the hybrid? That I can definitely agree on.

I bet they are nice to hit though.

Back