Cleveland Classic Driver - THP Preview Thread

Doesn't work for me CL....the Driver Quick Fit link spits you back to the beginning of the driver page

Same here. I think chunky's officially gone loco.

Dang it. I saw the link on FB so I just quickly did it on here. I will need to dig on the website. Sorry!!

Dang it. I saw the link on FB so I just quickly did it on here. I will need to dig on the website. Sorry!!

I'm sure we'll get the right link by this time tomorrow? :blowkiss:

CL = Crazy Loco

Same here. I think chunky's officially gone loco.

It's the thought that counts Chunk...good find I'm curous to see what Cleveland suggests for me

After exploring the Facebook, I believe you skimmed Cleveland's FB post. It's just a link to a landing page on their site that helps the consumer "distinguish the difference between their 2012 drivers." I don't think it's a driver fitting tool at all. I appreciate the thought though, it would be cool if they had that option.

I'd go HAM on the Classic Tour with a different shaft. I reckon that black might not be a great fit.

After exploring the Facebook, I believe you skimmed Cleveland's FB post. It's just a link to a landing page on their site that helps the consumer "distinguish the difference between their 2012 drivers." I don't think it's a driver fitting tool at all. I appreciate the thought though, it would be cool if they had that option.

And now we have chunkyskimming

I'd go HAM on the Classic Tour with a different shaft. I reckon that black might not be a great fit.

Dude look at how serious you are with your Tour stuff, I dont even know you anymore. TMexTour!

And now we have chunkyskimming

Dude look at how serious you are with your Tour stuff, I dont even know you anymore. TMexTour!

Lol. I just liked the 310 the most out of all the ultralite clubs. I need the open face I guess. that's what the fitter told me I reckon.

Lol. I just liked the 310 the most out of all the ultralite clubs. I need the open face I guess. that's what the fitter told me I reckon.

You so strong. Do you struggle with hooks if you hit a square faced driver?

You so strong. Do you struggle with hooks if you hit a square faced driver?

Lol. Something to do with the spin because I hit down on the ball with the big stick. I'll hook any driver. The Classic seems like it would be the right fit. I'd hit them all just to be sure (270, 290). The deep face has my wheels turning.

Lol. Something to do with the spin because I hit down on the ball with the big stick. I'll hook any driver. The Classic seems like it would be the right fit. I'd hit them all just to be sure (270, 290). The deep face has my wheels turning.

Same here, nice forgiving deep face. Could be the driver I liked the least ends up in the bag.

So I went out today with the Classic Driver with my Kusala White shaft in it and put it on the launch monitor with one of our LPGA friends that has been helping me a little bit. My numbers on the launch monitor were really good for my swing.

These are the averages after 40 golf balls.

Swing Speed - 106
Ball Speed - 152
Launch - 11.1
Spin - 2780
Carry Distance - 258
Overall Distance - 271

Will be going out this weekend with the standard C. Kua shaft and see what the differences are, as I would like to get my launch a tad bit higher, but not much. Overall, I was pretty happy with it.

*These were with range balls.

Dang JB, those are some pretty solid numbers. Hard to really want to ask for much better if you ask me.

Those are fantastic numbers JB. I personally would not mess with them at all. I wish I could get numbers that good. Maybe it will take the Classic to do it! :D

pretty solid numbers right there. Did you ever put the J40/White combo on the LM?

So I went out today with the Classic Driver with my Kusala White shaft in it and put it on the launch monitor with one of our LPGA friends that has been helping me a little bit. My numbers on the launch monitor were really good for my swing.

Swing Speed - 106
Ball Speed - 152
Launch - 11.1
Spin - 2780
Carry Distance - 258
Overall Distance - 271

Will be going out this weekend with the standard C. Kua shaft and see what the differences are, as I would like to get my launch a tad bit higher, but not much. Overall, I was pretty happy with it.

You just blew FLTC's mind with this post. Those are some very good numbers and with a tad higher launch would probably be perfect. Myself Id love to see 11* launch angle instead of 21* but Im working on that.

Great numbers JB......looks like a great combo for you!

Swing Speed - 106
Ball Speed - 152
Launch - 11.1
Spin - 2780
Carry Distance - 258
Overall Distance - 271

*These were with range balls.

I like those numbers a lot JB.

pretty solid numbers right there. Did you ever put the J40/White combo on the LM?

I honestly cant remember. If I did, the numbers would be in the thread.

You just blew FLTC's mind with this post. Those are some very good numbers and with a tad higher launch would probably be perfect. Myself Id love to see 11* launch angle instead of 21* but Im working on that.

It all started with the swing and then tweaking equipment to get the right fit for me. It has changed everything for me off the tee.

Dang! 11* w/ the Kusala White is pretty awesome! My mind is exploding with shaft pondering and this driver. Of course, I'm looking forward to the #'s from the stock shaft too.

Thanks for posting that, JB. Also looking forward to the difference with the stock setup. Your thoughts are much appreciated right now.

Back