Equipment Pondering - W/ OEM Kevin

Status
Not open for further replies.
As long as it's better than the Jawbone UP, then go for it. The UP bracelet was a pile of crap. This one looks pretty cool.

Yeah the UP is junk. A co-worker got one and returned it too. This looks awesome.

Pondering a R9 driver if I can find one for a decent price (not so decent on Ebay right now). And I really want that new Cleveland Classic driver, that thing is sweet. Not sure I wanna dump the money for that though, especially when I want the new Mashies.

It looks like you might be able to program what the thing says as well. Could double as a ST bracelet.

Yeah the UP is junk. A co-worker got one and returned it too. This looks awesome.
My wife has the fitbit thing now, got it at best buy. Its pretty good, she likes it for running and all that.

The new Cleveland Classic Driver is always on my mind and I can't get it out!

But now that I've changed my hybrid/wedge setup I'm pondering a larger loft LW like 62/64. Any advise would be greatly appreciated.

The new Cleveland Classic Driver is always on my mind and I can't get it out!

But now that I've changed my hybrid/wedge setup I'm pondering a larger loft LW like 62/64. Any advise would be greatly appreciated.

Can I ask why you would need such a lofted wedge?

6 months ago, no one rolled them. No one stocked them. No one talked about them. I have a severe dislike for them.

I am late with this, but the belly putter craze is cracking me up.

I have long thought a belly putter would be great. Dave Pelz makes a good case for those putter in his Putting Bible, although he actually prefers the longer putters you anchor to your chest or chin. When Freddie Couples started using a belly putter, I kept thinking I might give one a try (although I'm not sure one should emulate a pro who isn't exactly known for good putting).

Now they're everywhere, and I've tried them, and I don't like them at all. I am pretty accurate with one up to about 25 feet, but after that I don't know how to get enough stroke on the ball. I'll just stick with my standard putter.

Golf Digest had an tongue-in-cheek article suggesting that the USGA was okay with allowing long putters as long as they were just used by Seniors or pros who were notoriously bad putters. Now that these young guys are using them, and actually winning majors with them, the deal has been broken and the USGA is probably going to have to step in and make them illegal.

Oh, I'm pondering a Razr Hawk driver and 3w, once the Razr Fit comes out and the prices drop.

Can I ask why you would need such a lofted wedge?
No real reason, I used to have a 60 and loved it, the 58 just isn't as lofted. I used to have 46/50/54/58, no I pulled the 50 for a hybrid and am deciding what to do with the 54/58 and I was thinking like 52/60 or 52/62. I've always thought about using a 62/64 but don't know.

No real reason, I used to have a 60 and loved it, the 58 just isn't as lofted. I used to have 46/50/54/58, no I pulled the 50 for a hybrid and am deciding what to do with the 54/58 and I was thinking like 52/60 or 52/62. I've always thought about using a 62/64 but don't know.

You've got some big gaps there. I know for myself, I can't hit a 60 consistently so I dropped to a 58 and I've been happy. Sounds like you can handle a 60 though. So would you be going 46/52/62? IMO that is a pretty large gap in your scoring irons

A friend I play with regularly on Sundays just put a 64* in his bag. I hit it a few times during my round on Sunday and had a lot of fun with it. A full on swing got me about 40 yards, cant really justify keeping it in the bag to only use a few times during a round though.

A friend I play with regularly on Sundays just put a 64* in his bag. I hit it a few times during my round on Sunday and had a lot of fun with it. A full on swing got me about 40 yards, cant really justify keeping it in the bag to only use a few times during a round though.

Good lord as high as I hit my 58* a 64* may go 10 yards or hit me in the face :eek:

--
tapatalk

Good lord as high as I hit my 58* a 64* may go 10 yards or hit me in the face :eek:

--
tapatalk
I had never hit one before, it was interesting to say the least. It was actually pretty fun to hit, and I had some good green side shots with it. Nothing like a full out swing when chipping from 20 yards.

Just sent an email to Patty at Blind9 about a Cleveland Classic 10.5* driver, Stock stiff shaft. Sold my 3Wood, and hope to sell my driver, but I think I am teetering over the edge on OEMing it.

I had never hit one before, it was interesting to say the least. It was actually pretty fun to hit, and I had some good green side shots with it. Nothing like a full out swing when chipping from 20 yards.

Hahaha true!

--
tapatalk

Just sent an email to Patty at Blind9 about a Cleveland Classic 10.5* driver, Stock stiff shaft. Sold my 3Wood, and hope to sell my driver, but I think I am teetering over the edge on OEMing it.
Do it, its a beauty of a driver, that's for sure. I was a fan of the stock shaft in it, I hit it well on the range and if I went with the Classic, I would be going the stock shaft route.

Oh snap! I like it. I also like how everyone so quickly picks up on the term "oeming". Love it.

Dude this is so awesome. What shaft are you thinking?

You know what's even more awesome? That we will likely play golf together at some point and you are the same handedness as me. :D

Oh snap! I like it. I also like how everyone so quickly picks up on the term "oeming". Love it.

Could you define it? I know what hawkpondering and chunkypondering are, but OEMing could mean buying or customizing, I cant quite tell.

Could you define it? I know what hawkpondering and chunkypondering are, but OEMing could mean buying or customizing, I cant quite tell.

OEMing is buying, b/c OEM doesn't mess around. If/when he wants it, he gets it.

When the heck did chunkyponder become a word?

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk

EDIT: TC got to it first.

When you chunkycheated OEM and myself a few pages ago here...I think I coined the phrase myself: To ponder for someone else on THP.

OEMing is buying, b/c OEM doesn't mess around. If/when he wants it, he gets it.
It gets bad when I start using THP lingo in every day conversation.

When you chunkycheated OEM and myself a few pages ago here...I think I coined the phrase myself: To ponder for someone else on THP.
I believe you did as well Nate. Chunky, I think people thought you were pondering for Thainer, when actually you were guessing what his ponder was. I think.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back