What's for Dinner?

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's not that at all. You're probably comparing two different variables: manners are great but can't replace everything else. Having manners and not getting the girl are not directly* related.

(*Directly is not the word I'm looking for, but I can't think right now, I'm stuffed up in the head and sick.)

Perhaps a problem is that nice guys don't make girls feel chased, desired, give them that thrill. They're too available, too doormat-y, and it's not really fun.

I have myself a nice guy that I found, I asked out, I did everything for. Now we're together and all, and he's still nice, but it's tough knowing that he's never really been fired up about being with me and that he wouldn't even be with me had I not done everything...yeah, that's my great love story. Great, isn't it.

The guy who says "maybe I'll call" and you wait the whole time nervously and at the end of that third day he does call...that's a butterfly moment. Knowing he's busy and has his own life but that he makes time for you is exciting. If he has no life but the one centered on you, what about that makes it seem like he as a lot to offer? Harsh maybe but the way it is.
That makes sense. Whats funny though is that women seem like they dont like it if a guy wants to spend a lot of time with them, yet they get mad if a guy doesnt hang out with them all the time.
I dunno man, love is crazy and Im not afraid to admit that I dont understand women at all.
Take my last girlfriend for example. She used to call me and text me all the time (I mean at least 3-5 times a day, plus we worked together, so we had lunch together at work every day and she used to text me "goodnight" every night. Thats not to say that I didnt text her and call her, but not as often as she texted/called me) and then towards the end she told me that I was too clingy and that she wanted a little more space. Then, when I gave her space and only asked her to do stuff with me one day a week, she complained that I never called her and that I was too distant. Then, when I told her, "Well, you told me you wanted space. Why would I call you all the time? I figured I would give you space and thatt you would call me if you wanted to talk" and she basically told me thats not what she wanted and that I was an a-hole. It was like I was wrong no matter what I did. LOL :confused2: My ex never doubted that I was fired-up about being with her. I bought her a card and some scented candles for sweetest day (and she bought me cologne) and when we were together a month I bought her this really sweet card and wrote inside of it how happy I was to be with her and got her some flowers; so she never had any reason to doubt that I was happy to be with her.
Also, when we would go out on dates, she would get all dolled up (makeup, low-cut tops, tight pants) and when I would tell her that she looked pretty, she would call me a liar and say that she was fat and ugly. Like I said, I tried and I really liked the girl, but it was a no-win situation and she was convinced that I was too good for her and that it was only a matter of time before I found someone better and dumped her. Like I said, my ex was a nice girl, but she was kinda psycho and definetly has some issues that she needs to work out. Im sure she will be a great wife and mother someday, but it definetly doesnt look like she is the girl for me.
As far as not having a lot to offer, I own my own house, go to work every day, pay my bills, dont hang out at the bar all night, dont do drugs, and have good morals, good values, good manners and just want someone nice (I dont need a woman who looks like a supermodel in order to be happy) whom I can build a life with.
I guess the way I look at it, any woman who thinks that I dont have anything to offer probably isnt someone Id want to spend the rest of my life with anyways.
As much as Id love to have a girlfriend and maybe a wife and kids someday, it has to be the right girl and it has to be a good relationship, otherwise, whats the point? Im not going to settle for whoever I can get just because society says that there is something wrong with me if I dont someday get married and start a family.
If I end up being a bachelor all my life, so be it.

Last edited:
Had some boneless wings and a Black & Bleu burger from Buffalo Wild wings.

I had fish fillets for supper tonight.

Oh Bake, I don't know what to tell you...I thought I was cynical! You just can't let your cynicism convince you there's no good people left in the world.

Tonight for dinner we had...

Superbowl Snax! :smile:

IMG_3201.jpg

haha!

I had some amazing shrimp scampi!

BTW, is that yellow stuff the au jus for dipping the pug??:D

Cute pug, we have an all black male pug that's the sweetest lil guy.

That yellow stuff is called Julie's-from-a-dairy-state-so-every-Superbowl-ever-has-cheese-dip.

And thank you. :smile: Meanie.

Oh Bake, I don't know what to tell you...I thought I was cynical! You just can't let your cynicism convince you there's no good people left in the world.
Nah, I dont feel that way at all. I know theres lots of good people left in this world.
I refuse to let a few bad experiences make me bitter and make me give up on someday having the life that I want.

The chili's been going in the crock pot all day. I use cumin & cinnamon as well as chili powder and a little chipotle. Gotta log off and make the cornbread. Some sort of vegetable. Chili goes with the totally lousy weather we've been having.

Julie, how do you get your dog to take such good pictures? Every single one it looks like he's posing.

Btw: Not gonna lie, It must taste really good, but the look of that dip makes me want to throw up.

The chili's been going in the crock pot all day. I use cumin & cinnamon as well as chili powder and a little chipotle. Gotta log off and make the cornbread. Some sort of vegetable. Chili goes with the totally lousy weather we've been having.

Please tell me that you make UNsweetened cornbread.

Please tell me that you make UNsweetened cornbread.

Sadly, not only am I a northern girl (maple syrup in the cornbread), but I even put beans in the chile. At least there's chopped onion and jalapenos on top.

Julie, how do you get your dog to take such good pictures? Every single one it looks like he's posing.

Btw: Not gonna lie, It must taste really good, but the look of that dip makes me want to throw up.

I take a million pictures of him and only post the good ones. :wink:

The look of the dip gets to me, too. When it gets cold it gets "globby" like that ... you have to throw it back in the microwave now and then and stir it to keep it a good consistency. I don't know how to do it otherwise.

Sadly, not only am I a northern girl (maple syrup in the cornbread), but I even put beans in the chile. At least there's chopped onion and jalapenos on top.

Beans in chili are fine, even preferred.

But sweet cornbread is a sin against nature.

As a breadatarian you should embrace all kinds.

I had to have JB explain the different between the two types of cornbread I had never heard of sweet cornbread before. As for chili I prefer it with beans and the spicier the chili the better IMO.

We do have a recipe exchange section.

The recipe I use isn't on the King Arthur site anymore, and I'm too lazy to type it out. Give me a better one, and I'll try it.

Directions:
1. Go to Mom's
2. Sit at table.
3. Wait for cornbread.
Ingredients:
1 Mom (Dad optional, but preferred)
1 Plane ticket (round-trip optional)
1 Table w/ chairs

Gotta agree with Harry on this one. And as far as liking things sweet, I eat my strawberries with sugar! No sweet cornbread though.

Directions:
1. Go to Mom's
2. Sit at table.
3. Wait for cornbread.
Ingredients:
1 Table w/ chairs

Sounds simple enough.

We had BBQ'd chicken last night. It was alright. Tonight I think we are having Zataran's Jumbalia (I know I butchered that) with some smoked sausage thrown in.

Directions:
1. Go to Mom's
2. Sit at table.
3. Wait for cornbread.
Ingredients:
1 Table w/ chairs

If you'll recall, I'm Mom in this case. And yesterday, Dad sure wasn't preferred.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back