Putter Shopping Tomorrow

knox co mike

Reaction score
Handicap
Unknown
Local golf shop has 2011 Scotty Cameron putters on sale for $199 so I'm taking a roadtrip tomorrow. I've stroked a pre-owned Ping for over 10 years now so I've got my money's worth out of her. I am anxious to try out the Scottys and see if they are really all they are said to be. Anything I should be aware of while shopping? Thanks. KCM

Local golf shop has 2011 Scotty Cameron putters on sale for $199 so I'm taking a roadtrip tomorrow. I've stroked a pre-owned Ping for over 10 years now so I've got my money's worth out of her. I am anxious to try out the Scottys and see if they are really all they are said to be. Anything I should be aware of while shopping? Thanks. KCM
What kind of putter are you looking for? Any style in particular or just a Scotty in general?

I have a Scotty Del Mar and a the first Red X. Love both of them and actually playing my Del Mar right now due to our fast greens. You'll know the right one for ya when you hit it. Good luck and let us know which one you end up with!?!?

Have had a Cameron for the past 12 years now. Started with a Pro Platinum in 2000 and switched to a Studio Select in 2010. I love the look and feel of Camerons and will probably buy another one when I need to

War Eagle, I've been leaning toward a Newport 2 as its looks most similar to the Ping I've had forever. KCM

War Eagle, I've been leaning toward a Newport 2 as its looks most similar to the Ping I've had forever. KCM
Stick with what works is my advice. I know that when I get a new putter, I usually switch it up, but always go back to what I am most comfortable with, which is a center shafted blade style putter. That's the best advice I can offer up, if you know what style works for you, try out similar types. But with Putters, its always too much fun to try 'em all. Enjoy the shopping.

I would like to try-out a Bettinardi BB8 or a Mills Ming, but no one near here stocks either. I'd hate to spend that kind of money and not be entirely satisfied. I plan on rolling a few with the Ping offerings too. This old Ping I have now has been a good putter so I might like a new Ping.

I would like to try-out a Bettinardi BB8 or a Mills Ming, but no one near here stocks either. I'd hate to spend that kind of money and not be entirely satisfied. I plan on rolling a few with the Ping offerings too. This old Ping I have now has been a good putter so I might like a new Ping.
Have you thought about SeeMore Putters? Some incredible Customer Service that will basically custom fit a putter to you right over the phone. They make some very, very nice putters, and the results folks have had with their Putters and the guys at SeeMore is well documented around here on THP.

I would suggest at least giving the SeeMore a roll to see.if it feel right to you. If you buy one it won't be long before you want to add another. The best customer service.
TapAhoy!

Ya know guys, I have thought about the DB4 from SeeMore... Again, I don't know if I can roll one around here or not. I'm going to have to look into that tomorrow. Do they use local retailers or are they in-house sales only? KCM

They are in some of the big box stores. Not sure which stores.are in your area. Give SeeMore a call and they can provide any information you need.
TapAhoy!

If you can buy the newport 2 for 199 go for it. Great putter, I love having the option of diferent weights you can put in it.

I agree with the thought that for that price if you fall in love with one of the putters go for it. If you don't find "that" putter then I recommend SeeMore and talking with them. For more money check out Craig on the T P Mills threads and see if you can actually test one of their putters that interest you before buying from them.

Putter shopping today was a huge bust! They had several Scotty Camerons but no Newport 2. They don't stock SeeMore, Mills or Bettinardi. The Camerons I tried today felt nice but not the style head I want. Dawg Daddy, I might have to seek out Craig and see if I can rent one to try? I'm just plain bummed. KCM

Putter shopping today was a huge bust! They had several Scotty Camerons but no Newport 2. They don't stock SeeMore, Mills or Bettinardi. The Camerons I tried today felt nice but not the style head I want. Dawg Daddy, I might have to seek out Craig and see if I can rent one to try? I'm just plain bummed. KCM

What scotty's did they have mate?

This is what I came to THP for. Been looking for a new centre shaft putter for a while and every time I searched up popped THP where I have now spent several hours reading most of the reviews. The look of the Seemore Si2 and the Betti's have really caught my eye along with some TP Mills gorgeous offerings. Problem is they don't seem to be too prevalent over here and getting to try any of them is pretty much impossible. Like knox co mike I'm a bit wary of laying out so much cash and http://www.thehackersparadise.com/forum/member.php?4841-knox-co-mikepossibly not liking the feel of whatever I buy.

I spent some time at my local PGA Superstore messing with some SeeMore putters. They didn't have the complete line, but they had quite a few. After reading the SeeMore thread here, I am really interested in this line. I was hoping to try the SB2 model, but they didn't have that one. The SB1 was surprisingly big (they are both mallets). I did kind of like the M3SS and the SI3 models, but I couldn't pull the trigger without first seeing that SB2 model in person. They are good putters though and the alignment system seems very simple--just hide the red dot.

Barryjmunro, they had a Fastbask, Laguna, a gold and a silver monterey and I believe a newport 2.6 and several 2012 models. The Monterey was the closest to what I was looking for overall. I called Bettinardi this afternoon and they have no stocking dealers within 3 hours of me. They invited me to come to the burbs and check out their putters, but I avoid the Chicago area like the plague. I might go back and check out the Monterey this weekend a little more. I'm going to search the internet and see if anyone out there has 2011 models on sale too. KCM

Some nice putters there but some i would not touch at all. i really like the gold monterey and the newport 2.6 is a lovely putter to look at but i felt it was awkward at address. Let us know how you get on if you go back.

Great price on Scotty's! I was originally looking at the Newport 2 as well, but ended up with the new Monterey 1.5. It works for me and actually liked it better than the Newport. Scotty or not, my advice is roll as many putters as you can until you find that one that feels great in ur hands and gets the ball rolling on your intended line.

Mike - Studio B is in the Tinley Park area and is very easy to get to. I'm not a huge fan of that whole part of the state either, but it's literally visible from 80 and would be easy to get to.

Also, one of the stores up here carries Cameron putters. I don't know what they have in stock, but they usually have 5-10 in stock. I honestly hate the store and the people working there, but you could at least try some out and buy elsewhere :)

Hawk, thanks for the info. I guess I need to bite the bullet and run up there and look at the putters. The past 10 years the only time I have gone near "the city" is for riot team callouts and as such I hate traveling eat of I-39. I laughed when you mentioned the store in the QCA that carries Scottys... I imagine its the same store up there I can't stand to go either (53rd & Elmore?). They have a knack of making me feel second-class. Thanks for the help. KCM

Hawk, thanks for the info. I guess I need to bite the bullet and run up there and look at the putters. The past 10 years the only time I have gone near "the city" is for riot team callouts and as such I hate traveling eat of I-39. I laughed when you mentioned the store in the QCA that carries Scottys... I imagine its the same store up there I can't stand to go either (53rd & Elmore?). They have a knack of making me feel second-class. Thanks for the help. KCM

Yea, it's quite possibly the worst golf store I've ever been to. They are turds with no knowledge and horrible prices. No better place around to try and not buy.

The 80/94 area is much improved in terms of traffic flow these days imo. Just avoid rush times and you'll be in and out in no time.

Ive had my Newport 2 for the last 3 years, great looking putter, just has such a great feel compared to the other putters I had tried out, good luck, looking forward to hearing what you decided to go with!

Back