Weirdest lie on the course

IceyShanks

NiceyThanks
Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Well I don't know for sure if there's a thread for this or not, but I was walking up to the 9th green, which was actually my 18th, and found this waiting for me:
photo.jpg

It has to be the weirdest lie I've had ever on the golf course, but I'm sure others can top it, bring on all the great stories and pics!

At least you found it! I've lost many a ball in piles of snow. It's actually fun to hit from. Did you knock it close?

With that white stuff on the ground I wouldnt even be out there. Nothing irks me more then hitting the fairway and finding your ball in a big FLTC sized divot.

I posted this pic once before.....you can't see my ball but it's right on the other side of ......well......the object...LOL

needless to say, the ball stayed where it was and I took a "free drop" at a reasonably close spot...LOL

689642BB-orig.jpg

With that white stuff on the ground I wouldnt even be out there. Nothing irks me more then hitting the fairway and finding your ball in a big FLTC sized divot.

Just play the ball back in your stance a little bit and really come in nice and hard downward on the ball. It'll fly right out of there. LOL, I hate having a ball end up in a divot. Such a stupid rule.

Just play the ball back in your stance a little bit and really come in nice and hard downward on the ball. It'll fly right out of there. LOL, I hate having a ball end up in a divot. Such a stupid rule.

I agree with that......I don't know why they havent changed that rule....all they need to do is consider it "ground under repair" and be done with it.

I agree with that......I don't know why they havent changed that rule....all they need to do is consider it "ground under repair" and be done with it.

Me too. I mean how many times do you see a players ball actually land in one. It's not like it happens all the time!

Me too. I mean how many times do you see a players ball actually land in one. It's not like it happens all the time!

No it doesn 't happen that often, but there is nothing worse than striping one down the middle of the fairway and then getting up there and find it in the middle of a trench some jerk wad didn't even bother to fill with sand :banghead:

Great thread, I had mine in December on a par 5 here and was in the HOTD video's. 3rd shot was off a snow bank and I hit the green, but found my ball again on a snow bank and putted through and off the snow. It was actually kind of fun, I still got my par, lol.

Once hit into a bunker where flying ants were nesting/breeding. Were literally a million of them and superaggressive. Ran into the bunker, hit it out as quickly as I could and ran out. I was probably out of the bunker before the ball had landed.

this one guy I play with lies a lot

Well I don't know for sure if there's a thread for this or not, but I was walking up to the 9th green, which was actually my 18th, and found this waiting for me:
photo.jpg

It has to be the weirdest lie I've had ever on the golf course, but I'm sure others can top it, bring on all the great stories and pics!
Casual water...:D

No it doesn 't happen that often, but there is nothing worse than striping one down the middle of the fairway and then getting up there and find it in the middle of a trench some jerk wad didn't even bother to fill with sand :banghead:

But then it gets open to interpretation on what classifies as a divot? What if its partially grown back.. Then what?

But then it gets open to interpretation on what classifies as a divot? What if its partially grown back.. Then what?

I think that you treat it like spike marks, if your playing competitor agrees that it is a divot, then you get relief.

I had a similar lie at the Powder Horn course in Wyoming in 2010. It was the first day the course was open after a snow storm two weeks prior so there were patches of melting snow in a few spots.

IMG_1856.JPG

Isn't snow considered casual water?

What is the rule if your ball goes in casual water?

Rule 25-1b. Relief
Except when the ball is in a water hazard or a lateral water hazard, a player may take relief from interference by an abnormal ground condition as follows:

(i)Through the Green: If the ball lies through the green, the player must lift the ball and drop it, without penalty, within one club-length of and not nearer the hole than the nearest point of relief. The nearest point of relief must not be in a hazard or on a putting green. When the ball is dropped within one club-length of the nearest point of relief, the ball must first strike a part of the course at a spot that avoids interference by the condition and is not in a hazard and not on a putting green.

Here's an example: http://www.golfswingsecretsrevealed...-to-take-relief-from-casual-water-rule-25-1b/

Great thread, I had mine in December on a par 5 here and was in the HOTD video's. 3rd shot was off a snow bank and I hit the green, but found my ball again on a snow bank and putted through and off the snow. It was actually kind of fun, I still got my par, lol.

I thought about that HOTD when I started reading this thread duey, I was going to post about it when I finished reading all of the comments.

When my son hits a shot in the snow he plays it as it lies. He loves hitting shots out of the snow. :)

Once sliced a shot in airways and it landed in cart which was still in fairway. Played it as it lied and hit a soft 7 iron back onto fairway. Very funny shot. I have since been told I could have taken relief.
TapAhoy!

Once sliced a shot in airways and it landed in cart which was still in fairway. Played it as it lied and hit a soft 7 iron back onto fairway. Very funny shot. I have since been told I could have taken relief.
TapAhoy!
Whose cart did it land in?

It landed.in my cart.

TapAhoy!

Back