Official Equipment Pondering Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
- Nike VRs 9.5*
- Ping i20 3w

The golf shop had the Razr Fit drivers and fairways in today, too. I guess I'm pondering the Razr Fit driver now as well, especially if I can find some spare Razr Fit adapters.

I would like to ponder a farking golf shop that has farking left handed products. I can't fine any RBZ hybos in LH, or any new Cleveland stuff in LH.

Oh, I saw the AMP line in person today. Straight up disgusting. It's far worse in person than I imagined. I wouldn't even ponder it if it were free.

I am pondering what the new THP putter covers will look like. I am due for a new one.

I would like to ponder a farking golf shop that has farking left handed products. I can't fine any RBZ hybos in LH, or any new Cleveland stuff in LH.

Oh, I saw the AMP line in person today. Straight up disgusting. It's far worse in person than I imagined. I wouldn't even ponder it if it were free.

I saw some lefty RBZ demos at Fredericksburg Golf Center if you want to make a 9 hour drive. I think I saw some at Golfsmith as well, but I doubt they had stiff flex.

Bahahaha! TC blowing up the AMP line like Rickie Fowler does oranges.

And I relate, dude. I have a Dick's, GS, and GG somewhat near me and quite often they don't have any lefty stuff I want to hit. I'm praying that when I come back I'll be able to hit a Mashie FW.

TC I didn't think the RBZ hybrids were available for lefties?

Dude, the AMP driver is absolutely worse in person. I think the only thing I saw worse today were the AMP irons. I would seriously consider the woman's version color-wise before the orange monstrosities.

Dude, the AMP driver is absolutely worse in person. I think the only thing I saw worse today were the AMP irons. I would seriously consider the woman's version color-wise before the orange monstrosities.
I also like the womans version better, I think the green is HAWT!

Couldn't agree more. I thought I was being harsh on here by judging them solely by a picture but they look live rave puke on a stick.

Sent from my forged iPad

I believe the 3 and 4 hybos are.

Sent from my forged iPad

Oh, I thought I remember reading in the releases that JB posted a while back that they weren't. If they are, that's awesome!

I also like the womans version better, I think the green is HAWT!

No doubt, the green is way better than the orange. Bear4Ever was with me at the PGA SS and said "It wouldn't look bad if they changed the whole color scheme"

Well guys and gals finally did it.I got a great deal on some barely used Tmade Tour Preferred CB,s.I got em from Joe and Leigh,s up here in Easton,MA.Their Ebay store is 3Ballsgolf.Great deal,reg. price on these is $649.Igot em for $440.I,ll post some pics soon

Well guys and gals finally did it.I got a great deal on some barely used Tmade Tour Preferred CB,s.I got em from Joe and Leigh,s up here in Easton,MA.Their Ebay store is 3Ballsgolf.Great deal,reg. price on these is $649.Igot em for $440.I,ll post some pics soon

Excellent pickup!

Might have to go all in on one of these RBZ 3 woods. Potentially a hybrid as well but I'm still leary about the head size. I like hitting my hybrids from the rough and I'm worried about it not being able to plow through like my Nike's can.

I went back to Golfsmith today, and I was able to hit the Mashie F3 on their launch monitor. Compared a couple other clubs, and I left with a brand new G20 3 wood. I have generally never cared for Ping woods, although I did carry a G10 driver for a few months. The G20 just fits me. I was able to hit the Mashie a little bit longer off the tee, but they were about equal off the mats, and the Ping was MUCH more forgiving.

Left Golfsmith and played 18 from the whites just so I could hit the G20 on almost every tee. Shot 75.

I am now pondering either the G20 5 wood or 3 hybrid. I don't need both....

Got a chance to hit my new Mashie FWs yesterday for the first time. Got the TF3 (14*) and F5 (18*) both in stiff. Found them very straight, long and forgiving at first blush from both tee and deck. Of course, I am comparing those against the Titleist 904 F 15* and 19* FWs that I have been gaming since the beginning of time...

When you guys say "TF3" concerning the Mashie's does that just mean the 14* one? What does the "T" stand for?

I'm pondering a pupil cleansing after seeing the AMP stuff yesterday. Holy agent orange!

When you guys say "TF3" concerning the Mashie's does that just mean the 14* one? What does the "T" stand for?

I'm pondering a pupil cleansing after seeing the AMP stuff yesterday. Holy agent orange!

Tour Fairway 3 is what it stands for, I believe. It's the 14*. The 15.5* is the F3.

Tour Fairway 3 is what it stands for, I believe. It's the 14*. The 15.5* is the F3.

So if its the "tour" fairway does it offer a smaller head and less offset? Or is it simply 14*?

So if its the "tour" fairway does it offer a smaller head and less offset? Or is it simply 14*?

I held them both in-hand and didn't notice a difference except for loft. Cleveland's site makes no mention of a difference beyond loft either.

I held them both in-hand and didn't notice a difference except for loft. Cleveland's site makes no mention of a difference beyond loft either.

Interesting. Thanks for the feedback.

So hard to wait until Demo Day even though I know I should. After hitting a few things in the stores yesterday, lots of new pondering...

Nike Vr-S Driver
Mashie FW (15.5 and 18?)
Mashie Hybrid (20.5)

And even though I'm not pondering them, the Bridgestone J40 DPC irons are easily the best forged iron I've ever hit.

I held the 14 degree (TF3) and 15.5 degree (F3) side by side also and there was no noticeable difference in head size, offset, etc. Must be just Cleveland's way of distinguishing between the 2 different 3 wood lofts. I went with the 14 to get a little extra yardage plus I liked the 4 degree gap to the 5 wood a lot better than a 2.5 degree gap. I have never had any issues with getting fairways woods airborn from the deck and the rails and the mid-high trajectory of the 59S shaft help getting the ball launched upward also.

I held the 14 degree (TF3) and 15.5 degree (F3) side by side also and there was no noticeable difference in head size, offset, etc. Must be just Cleveland's way of distinguishing between the 2 different 3 wood lofts. I went with the 14 to get a little extra yardage plus I liked the 4 degree gap to the 5 wood a lot better than a 2.5 degree gap. I have never had any issues with getting fairways woods airborn from the deck and the rails and the mid-high trajectory of the 59S shaft help getting the ball launched upward also.

Awesome feedback and thanks for letting me know your thoughts on comparing the two. Congrats on picking that club up too. I suspect its going to be a massive difference maker out of the fairway.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back