Ibreak100forfun

Reaction score
I don't know if I can take take this again. First Tebow, now Jeremy Lin. Granted I do think Lin has more of an upside than Tebow, but I'd rather not wake up and the 1st 15 min of sportscenter be about Lin.

I dont get the dislike for either guy frankly. Good people. Making good decisions. Getting told for years they are not good enough to succeed. Then coming up and winning at the highest level and doing so with a smile and a friendliness.

Instead we get the laziness of the 20 million dollar man that has about as many playoff victories as I do in Carmelo Anthony and people are worried about his "ego" and "feelings" when he returns. Ridiculous. This kid brought victories and did so the right way.

I will never understand the issue with winning while being a nice guy. However for a certain generation I guess, it is not well received.

I'm a believer. The kid has talent and guts. Nothing has ever been handed to him, which makes this something that will probably last for a while. Lin is a one of a kind. Asian, Harvard, and B-Ball Star? The kid is an animal and it's good to get away for LeBron and Kobe for a bit and start talking about a kid who actually deserves to be talked about. I mean, he doesn't even live in his own house!!! Linsanity is all over me. I hope the kid puts all the stuck up, overpayed NBA "stars" in their place.

I love the Lin story. He's a good player and he is winning. I honestly think the Knicks should keep Melo out until this kid loses as the leader of the team. Though I do agree that it is getting old from a media standpoint. I'm all for him and covering him, but I think 90% of SportsCenter is about him. I just think sports media blows almost everything out of proportion.

Knicks with Melo this year were a losing team that no one outside of NY cared about. With Lin they are undefeated and everyone in NY has already forgot about the Giants while talking about Lin. Melo is the NBA's TO and I for one love hearing this Lin kids story and cant get enough of him. He's smart, makes good decisions, can score, can dish it and gives a good interview. No its not FLTC its LINSANITY!!!!

I'm with you (nice avy too)....while I think it's a great story the nauseating coverage of it already has me wanting the guy to get some sort of reality check and soon. I know there's a ton of angles feeding the story (couch surfer, ivy league player, asian, cut mult times, plays in NY, supposedly good guy) but I guess it's better than hearing about someone on the police blotter

I don't know if I can take take this again. First Tebow, now Jeremy Lin. Granted I do think Lin has more of an upside than Tebow, but I'd rather not wake up and the 1st 15 min of sportscenter be about Lin.

Knicks with Melo this year were a losing team that no one outside of NY cared about. With Lin they are undefeated and everyone in NY has already forgot about the Giants while talking about Lin. Melo is the NBA's TO and I for one love hearing this Lin kids story and cant get enough of him. He's smart, makes good decisions, can score, can dish it and gives a good interview. No its not FLTC its LINSANITY!!!!

Boom! I totally agree with you. Poor old damaikis, he's such a LBJ homer he can't get into the Linsanity.

Sent from my forged iPad

Boom! I totally agree with you. Poor old damaikis, he's such a LBJ homer he can't get into the Linsanity.

Sent from my forged iPad

Dude I just want to hear about LBJ all day. They have ESPN, ESPN2, ESPNU, and ESPN3. Why don't they have ESPNLBJ?

I'm with you (nice avy too)....while I think it's a great story the nauseating coverage of it already has me wanting the guy to get some sort of reality check and soon. I know there's a ton of angles feeding the story (couch surfer, ivy league player, asian, cut mult times, plays in NY, supposedly good guy) but I guess it's better than hearing about someone on the police blotter

Oh stop it. That is such a Philly angle. What do you want? More Vick? Manning? More local murders and people jumped at Ginos for wearing Rangers jerseys?

Dude I just want to hear about LBJ all day. They have ESPN, ESPN2, ESPNU, and ESPN3. Why don't they have ESPNLBJ?

I want to LOL, but I think this post requires a Quote for truth thing.

LOL @ ESPNLBJ

Id go for some ESPLIN lol

Stupid good human being. Good people should not be athletes. They just get hated for it. We need more douchebags in sports!

Exactly. Imagine that a good guy in the NBA. Instead Hanks wants more TO's and Darth Vaders.

One other aspect of this entire thing is the NY angle. I mean cmon, it is the center of the universe and anything that happens there is bigger than life. They led sports center off this year with Mark freaking Sanchez in week 1 of the NFL. If that does not tell you how ESPN views NY, nothing will.

And how fast did the Giants winning the Super Bowl get forgotten? NY is a basketball town for sure.

One other aspect of this entire thing is the NY angle. I mean cmon, it is the center of the universe and anything that happens there is bigger than life. They led sports center off this year with Mark freaking Sanchez in week 1 of the NFL. If that does not tell you how ESPN views NY, nothing will.

And making that even bigger is the fact the Dolans have destroyed the Knicks for a long time now. Something positive coming from them is going to be huge

What's not to like about Lin? Smart kid with no quit. Sounds like a good thing. He can shoot, pass, and drive. It's amazing to me because his skill set didn't magically appear.

Maybe the first poster is Jason Whitlock (who is an a$$ to the highest level) or Floyd Mayweather? hehe
Both seem to have quite the issue with Lin.

Maybe the first poster is Jason Whitlock (who is an a$$ to the highest level) or Floyd Mayweather? hehe
Both seem to have quite the issue with Lin.

I know why they have their issues and it's gross. Especially from Whitlock.

I cant stand that Whitlock guy. What POS that dude is, Ive never seen a writer use the race card more then that idiot.

Anyway, I agree BG how can you not like Lin? Sure SC will blow him up and drown us in the story but at least its a good one.

I cant stand that Whitlock guy. What POS that dude is, Ive never seen a writer use the race card more then that idiot.

Anyway, I agree BG how can you not like Lin? Sure SC will blow him up and drown us in the story but at least its a good one.

The New York angle is definately a huge reason why it's story. But that's ok.

The only angle that annoys me is the one of people saying that Lin is the "Tebow" of the NBA. No, he's not. He wasnt a 5-star High School player, he didnt go to a powerhouse college, he didnt win multiple championships and he wasnt a first round draft pick.

I like Lin, I think it's a great story for the NBA and I hope he is successful. Seems like a nice guy who works his tail off, which appears to be a thing of the past in the NBA.

Remind me at the outing to tell you a story about the first time I met Whitlock at the combine. Then the two weeks that followed. Hysterical stuff.

Back