How long does Rory stay #1.

And what's more impressive is that most of his Top 10's are actually top 3's. He's here to stay for a while I believe. He's absolutely built to win Majors too. Jeez, the Master's this year is going to be fantastic.

So will Doral next week. Rory, Tiger AND Phil all playing really well right now. Golf is in a good spot right now.

And what's more impressive is that most of his Top 10's are actually top 3's. He's here to stay for a while I believe. He's absolutely built to win Majors too. Jeez, the Master's this year is going to be fantastic.

Bring on The Masters! This year is so wide open and it is going to be epic. Rory, Tiger finding his game again, Phil playing well, Jason Day finishing runner up in both the Masters and the U.S. Open last year, Adam Scott finally settling in after 30. And that is just a few. I can't remember a major championship in recent memory that I felt this hyped for and had this many great players that could win it.

Rory should hold the spot for a while. He knows how to win, he's won a major after crap'n the bed in another and he has all the tools.
He is young with nothing but an upside. Sure there is a lot of talent out there but he is so far out in front of the pack right now. He is to consistent and his bad rounds are still under par.
I think he will have a weekly challenger but I don't see him being unseated.

Unless WestTooth gets it together, I think Rory is #1 for a while. Who else is going to challenge him? That dandy Luke Donald has had his time at the top, but he's not a winner like Rory. Tiger I don't think will ever putt well enough to ever be #1 again.

The sad thing is I want to really like Rory, but TMex says no.

Kevin

Unless WestTooth gets it together, I think Rory is #1 for a while. Who else is going to challenge him? That dandy Luke Donald has had his time at the top, but he's not a winner like Rory. Tiger I don't think will ever putt well enough to ever be #1 again.

The sad thing is I want to really like Rory, but TMex says no.

Kevin

The issue with really rooting for a European golfer is that you have to dislike him during the Ryder Cup. At least it is for me.

The guy has game and figured out how to hold a lead, I expect him to be there for quite a while, even with so many playing well. He's more consistent than anyone else on tour. He could lose it right away based on how close everyone is at this point, but he'll get it back quickly and spread a big lead thats hard to catch.

To be honest, I thought the same of McDowell, lol

He probably has 30 years left on tour. More if he goes to the Champion's tour. I bet he spends ten years net time at #1., maybe losing it once or twice.

He probably has 30 years left on tour. More if he goes to the Champion's tour. I bet he spends ten years net time at #1., maybe losing it once or twice.
I'll take that bet in a second

I'm gonna say 2 years. I think Matteo or DJ will kick him off for a bit, but not for long. I can see the kid being #1 for a very long time.

I like your style and optimism, but you are nuts if you think DJ will ever be #1. He can be #1 in many things, but #1 golfer in the world is a pipe dream.

John Deere Tap'n...

He may lose it once or twice this season

I don't know - he just seems to keep getting better and better. It is going to be interesting who can stay with him when he's at his best.

He may lose it once or twice this season

I'm young and I prefer to think that the young guys will prevail. So I'm going to say that he goes all year with it.

I hope he holds it but I wouldn't be upset if he lost it because there are so many talented young golfers out there. There is going to be a lot of good golf to watch in the near future and for me that is what is most important.

I say at least for the next year. Man it's hard not to think the best is yet to come for Rory, but someone could have a good run, like westy. I just dont think if it's in the near future, that an american will be the one to overtake him. I dont see DJ ever getting there.

I think Rory will hold it for awhile for this season. He seems to be more mature than his age.

He seems consistent enough to hold it down for quite a while.

I agree with others. I think he'll lose it a few times, but eventually will be #1 for a long while. I like rory.

I think he holds onto it, until at least this Christmas. =)

I too think he may pop in an out of #1 for a short while, but I believe he will have a Shark/Tiger like run on top later in his career.

Well, based on his last 15 events or so, he'll be holding on to it for quite some time. He's the absolute model of consistency right now, ie Luke Donald, except he wins Majors and more frequently.

Rory should hold the spot for a while. He knows how to win, he's won a major after crap'n the bed in another and he has all the tools.
He is young with nothing but an upside. Sure there is a lot of talent out there but he is so far out in front of the pack right now. He is to consistent and his bad rounds are still under par.
I think he will have a weekly challenger but I don't see him being unseated.

I agree with above posts. Kid has come a long way since last years masters and he is only going to get better. I see him on top for a long time to come.

Seriously. Tappin'.

I remember this discussion going much the same way for Martin Kaymer. :D

I think Rory is never far away from number 1 for the next few years, but I can see some swapping going on. Westwood will find a putter at some point, and Donald will be sorted out. I don't believe Tiger is anywhere near good enough to be challenging this season. He'll show up a couple of times, but there's not the consistency required.

I'm going to say this is the start of a new dynasty and Rory stays there for a while. I just see the tide switching, but I will say I look forward to Tiger v Rory in a final round very shortly!

I just don't see him holding on to it for a very long period of time - just way too much parity in golf right now (and it's a beautiful thing). Obviously, Tiger and Phil aren't just going to fade off into the sunset. At all. I think those two have a TON of great golf left in them - they're generational talents and when they're on..nobody is better. And, like so many others have said, the amount of young talent around the game of golf right now is just phenomenal. I think Keegan Bradley has 'elite' potential - he can absolutely bomb it and is a fantastic competitor. Bill Haas is the type of steady competitor who will always be around. Schwartzel, Webb Simpson, Adam Scott, Mahan, Jason Day, DJ..not to mention the Westwood's and Donald's..just so much talent on tour (and that's only a handful).

Rory is right there as one of the best in the world, obviously, but I don't see him even making it through this entire season as #1.

I think he stays there for a few months..he seems to just be playing good golf right now..HIs worst round of the week was Sunday but he held it together better then I thought he would..I will add that for the first time in a long time we have a #1 player who actually deserves it..I dont think Donald or Westwood deserve to be ranked that high (lack of majors in their wins and no wins in 2012)...

At least a week. But even if he holds it for a little bit, wouldn't a Donald win on a week Rory is off or does poorly probably give it back to Donald? (Assuming it happens soon, not six months down the road).

Back