Official Equipment Pondering Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
ping i20 driver with project x 6.0 ponder is in full effect. how crazy is that .. the sim numbers looked like crap other then the direction but the feel was amazing.

The Canadian shop I grabbed my 19.5 Fybrid RS from actually hopped across the border and mailed it out today, I'm pondering how cool that is!

The big ponder right now is if I go Mills or SeeMore today. CS or Flow-Neck....hmmmmm....

Chunkyresponse here, but SeeMore. CS. You've got plenty of "pretty" putters, now get a functional one. LOL.

I think my Eidolon's are getting put in time out. I am going to 52* W/S TW9, 56* 588(old school) and 60* TW9. I will probably replace the 588 with another TW9 if it goes well.

Chunkyresponse here, but SeeMore. CS. You've got plenty of "pretty" putters, now get a functional one. LOL.

Let me rephrase lol, those are two in the arsenal. haha

That said, my pretty ones are juuuuuuuust as functional as the SeeMore. Low putts all around! (Except you LPS1, look at you, leaning against the wall with your crappy 34 putt performance....shame!)

:sigh: I'm still pondering wtc my Fybrid is! :at-wits-end:

The Canadian shop I grabbed my 19.5 Fybrid RS from actually hopped across the border and mailed it out today, I'm pondering how cool that is!

The big ponder right now is if I go Mills or SeeMore today. CS or Flow-Neck....hmmmmm....
Canadians rule

Odd. I dont remember the last time I wasnt pondering something.

Great drivers. I'd say if you need the forgiveness and more spin go for the D2. If you're a better player then maybe the D3. If you can go hit both and go with what works best.

I've been playing the D3 for the better part of a year. About to sell it and get a D2. I really need a little higher ball flight. Forgiveness is always welcome! Really though, I think I prefer the modern headshape.

According to some of the Titleist staff, moving from D3 to D2 will only increase spin by 250rpm. Coincidentally, lowering the loft by 0.75% reduces spin by 250rpm...but of course launch angle decreases, too.

Both are great drivers, just depends on what you're looking for.

Yeah Jman, I'm starting to get a bit frustrated.

Yeah Jman, I'm starting to get a bit frustrated.

That's gotta be putting it mildly dude, I'M frustrated by it and its not even MINE!

That's gotta be putting it mildly dude, I'M frustrated by it and its not even MINE!

Well, it's raining now, so I'm sure it'll show up tomorrow.

I'm pondering a Taylormade driver head so I can mess around with shafts if I so choose. Probably an R9 because of price. I just have a few questions that use them or know how to:

a) What does a tip cost?
b) How does one install a tip into a shaft?
c) How does one install a tipped shaft into the driver?

I'm pondering a Taylormade driver head so I can mess around with shafts if I so choose. Probably an R9 because of price. I just have a few questions that use them or know how to:

a) What does a tip cost?

a. The tips cost about $25 a piece
b. The end of the shaft fits into the tip, it's epoxied in.
c. Have you never seen a R9/R11/RBZ driver in person?

a) What does a tip cost?

I've got an R9- stiff FYI

a. The tips cost about $25 a piece
b. The end of the shaft fits into the tip, it's epoxied in.
c. Have you never seen a R9/R11/RBZ driver in person?

Thanks. I could epoxy it in myself right? And I've never seen an R9 or R11, and briefly saw an RBZ about a week ago. Do you use the wrench to get them in and out?

Yeah, the tip goes into the heel of the driver and it's tightened with a wrench. You've seriously never seen a R9/R11 in person?

Was getting ready to pick up a custom Lajosi. Now I'm torn between the Lajosi and a Nead!!!

Siri does my posting for me using Tapatalk.

Yeah, the tip goes into the heel of the driver and it's tightened with a wrench. You've seriously never seen a R9/R11 in person?

I've seen R11's in passing at Dick's and stuff but never stopped to take a look. So no. Never held one and looked at it at all closely.

Was getting ready to pick up a custom Lajosi. Now I'm torn between the Lajosi and a Nead!!!

Not to sway at all, but rather as an FYI, Gene (Nead) is no longer making any new putters, so you'd have to find a previously made one and its a bit difficult right now...I've tried, I want a BiTi Mallet still.

Not to sway at all, but rather as an FYI, Gene (Nead) is no longer making any new putters, so you'd have to find a previously made one and its a bit difficult right now...I've tried, I want a BiTi Mallet still.

What happened to him?

What happened to him?

Back in NASCAR and other ventures. He finished up the orders he had and said no more would be made for the forseeable future.

I've seen R11's in passing at Dick's and stuff but never stopped to take a look. So no. Never held one and looked at it at all closely.

Watch this video, it's about how to adjust the loft on the R11 driver, but the same thing will apply to the R9 driver. I've got a couple of extra torque wrenches sitting around here if you decide to get an R9 or R11 and the wrench doesn't come with it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back