Adams Fast 12 Driver & FW Wood Forum Review

I've had to agree with the_paulo and CoolBreeze about the velocity slot, it just does not seem to fit well on the top of the club however like most things you can get use to it especially if it works. Can't wait to get the driver through, looks like Puttin4Bird was smashing it with the sound coming off the club. Great start to the testing already.

I dont really see how the slot is distracting. For me I dont find it distracting in the least.

I dont really see how the slot is distracting. For me I dont find it distracting in the least.

I am the same way. If you are looking at it in the store or in a picture it's pretty glaring, but at address it just doesn't register to me.

I am the same way. If you are looking at it in the store or in a picture it's pretty glaring, but at address it just doesn't register to me.

Agreed. Sure I see it at address but its not like it really interrupts my routine or causes a double take. I think it helps frame the ball and alignment.

I think it helps frame the ball and alignment.

Decent point K. Never thought of it from this angle. I've never had the fortune of trying one out at address, so it's interesting to hear the comments on it.

Decent point K. Never thought of it from this angle. I've never had the fortune of trying one out at address, so it's interesting to hear the comments on it.

I think while it looks maybe odd or different in pictures its something youd get used to rather quickly. Specially if it performs, that always helps.

I don't see how it could be any more distracting than an alignment aid. I think Kmac makes a good point about using it to frame the golf ball as well.

Hopefully our range opens this week so I can devote some time to just hitting the Fast 12. I'll be interested to hear everybody's thoughts on how it sounds/feels and what type of ball flight they are seeing with it. I struggled a bit hitting it off the turf, but I suspect that is very much a swing thing as the misses were big, ugly misses.

Specially if it performs, that always helps.

That's the kicker right there. I could get used to a bobble head Mickey Mouse on the crown of my club if it hit every one long and straight.

I actually got used to it faster than say, white? When I get the driver we will have to set up an Adams play date dude. Combo testing!

I think while it looks maybe odd or different in pictures its something youd get used to rather quickly. Specially if it performs, that always helps.

I actually got used to it faster than say, white? When I get the driver we will have to set up an Adams play date dude. Combo testing!

Im all for it dude. Im done with the stupid weekend shift for a few weeks so weekend golf is back just in time for some Adams driver testing.

How does the head size look to the testers. My initial reaction was just how big the Fast 12 driver looked. It is a really large crown, to my eyes at least. It isn't distracting o a bad thing, but it looks huge.

How does the head size look to the testers. My initial reaction was just how big the Fast 12 driver looked. It is a really large crown, to my eyes at least. It isn't distracting o a bad thing, but it looks huge.

I dont have my driver yet but Ive seen and held it more then a few times. This was my first thought too, its huge with those wifi seeking lines on the back.

I thought it looked massive, but in a good way. Dude, I'm telling you, I wish I would've taken a picture of the clubface when I hit this thing. Dead center, everytime. I like this driver and I think a lot of these testers will too.

I thought it looked massive, but in a good way. Dude, I'm telling you, I wish I would've taken a picture of the clubface when I hit this thing. Dead center, everytime. I like this driver and I think a lot of these testers will too.

Yeah I know what you mean about hitting the club face. I seem to be hitting the center pretty consitantly. I have been wearing the middle out on mine.

That doesn't mean every shot is perfect. There are some issues with me as far as distance losses if I don't release the club just right. My main miss is a high fade that is much shorter than a well struck ball. It almost feels like there are two extremes. One is a low spin bullet, while the other is a huge spinning pooch kick that I could fair catch.

Yeah I know what you mean about hitting the club face. I seem to be hitting the center pretty consitantly. I have been wearing the middle out on mine.

That doesn't mean every shot is perfect. There are some issues with me as far as distance losses if I don't release the club just right. My main miss is a high fade that is much shorter than a well struck ball. It almost feels like there are two extremes. One is a low spin bullet, while the other is a huge spinning pooch kick that I could fair catch.

I saw something like this when I hit the Fast12 on the launch monitor. It was quite interesting.

I saw something like this when I hit the Fast12 on the launch monitor. It was quite interesting.

Compared to say an RBZ or a G20 driver which are pretty forgiving all across the face, with the Fast 12 if I am just a little bit late on my release I get prretty punished. But if I get too handsy I pull the s hit out of the ball. It has taken me a bit to get used to it on the course. I did hit 9/16 fairways yesterday and just missed 3 others. But the misses just seem to be duds.

Like TC said above it definitely does look huge but it's not distracting or "too big" in the least. And actually I noticed the size more when I unboxed it and when I was just waggling with it in the house, once I hit the range and started hitting balls the size wasn't even in my mind at all. It did force me to tee the ball up a little higher and that's a good thing, I'm always finding that I tee the ball too low so maybe subconsciously I tee'd it up higher because of how I perceived the size of the head to be. So yeah looks a little big initially but nothing distracting when using it at all. If anything it just screams golf ball smasher to me.

Compared to say an RBZ or a G20 driver which are pretty forgiving all across the face, with the Fast 12 if I am just a little bit late on my release I get prretty punished. But if I get too handsy I pull the s hit out of the ball. It has taken me a bit to get used to it on the course. I did hit 9/16 fairways yesterday and just missed 3 others. But the misses just seem to be duds.

For me I always take indoor results with a grain of salt. Launch monitor or not. Nothing compares to on course testing IMO. So Im quite curious to see how it performs outside and Im going to try and forget what I saw indoors. Can the sweet spot be that small? How does the swing weight feel to you?

I love the sound in Jake's vid, can't wait to give these a try in May.

For me I always take indoor results with a grain of salt. Launch monitor or not. Nothing compares to on course testing IMO. So Im quite curious to see how it performs outside and Im going to try and forget what I saw indoors. Can the sweet spot be that small? How does the swing weight feel to you?

I try to take sims with a huge grain of salt. But unfortunately, in the Wisco winters, that's all I have to go on.

The swing weight feels fantastic. The club's light but not to the point that I don't know where it is. It's long 46", but I still feel like I can control it. I can feel the aerodynamics of the club head. Almost like it wants to move faster than what I can or want to move it. I like the feel off of it. It doesn't feel like the Cleveland Classic or the VR_S. I don't ever really feel the clubface spring, but I know where I hit it. But there is still that concern about just miss timing my release, or at least it feels like I am miss timing my release. I am sure there is more to it, but that is what it feels like.

I've posted this video in the forum before and my swing is slightly different now. But it's still a video of the Fast 12 in action

I know Hanks had the fairway wood, but has anybody else hit it?

Congrats to the testers.

Good initial thoughts from Hawks and Puttin4birds...

Im still not sold on the shaft pairing and I dont like the bottom view of the dirver at all. Looks good from address.

Congrats to the testers.

Good initial thoughts from Hawks and Puttin4birds...

Im still not sold on the shaft pairing and I dont like the bottom view of the dirver at all. Looks good from address.

We know what you mean by all that beating around the bush, while this club is nice its no Tour quality stick for the TMex.

Back