Nuun Drink Tablets - Forum Review

The reviews in here have been very informative so far, and I really love that the fact that some find them to work really well and others find them negligable. I have found the reviews interesting enough that I will be searching these out if they are available in Canada.

This might be a skim and I have tried to search back for this answer, but have not been able to find it. If you dissolve the tablet in say, half the amount of water that they recommend is the taste any stronger, and if it was stronger, would you want it to be?

I liked it a bit more diluted. It says to put it in a 16 oz bottle, but I think 20oz or so would dilute that seltzer flavor a bit and gives it a more refreshing taste instead of a taste that is too overbearing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The reviews in here have been very informative so far, and I really love that the fact that some find them to work really well and others find them negligable. I have found the reviews interesting enough that I will be searching these out if they are available in Canada.

This might be a skim and I have tried to search back for this answer, but have not been able to find it. If you dissolve the tablet in say, half the amount of water that they recommend is the taste any stronger, and if it was stronger, would you want it to be?

http://www.mec.ca/AST/ShopMEC/Hikin...newSortType=brand&newSortOrder=ascending#list They have a bunch of different flavours in there.

I liked it a bit more diluted. It says to put it in a 16 oz bottle, but I think 20oz or so would dilute that seltzer flavor a bit and gives it a more refreshing taste instead of a taste that is too overbearing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks man, I'm not one that cares too much about taste so if it can keep me hydrated and fresh and I can keep them in my golf bag then I'm in.

Thanks man, I had just done an online search and saw them there. I might have to go and buy some even though MEC and the people that shop there are my nemesis.

Thanks man, I'm not one that cares too much about taste so if it can keep me hydrated and fresh and I can keep them in my golf bag then I'm in.

Thanks man, I had just done an online search and saw them there. I might have to go and buy some even though MEC and the people that shop there are my nemesis.

I personally don't shop at the one located here either, we have a local shop that is a billion times better with employees who actually participate in the activities they sell the equipment for.

I was putting mine in 20oz bottles of water. I would open it up, take a sip of water, drop the tab in and let it work. Like War Eagle, I think I would prefer the slightly diluted taste, as that may take away some of the fizz taste people are not liking with them. Like I said, the Fruit Punch I was sipping on today, tasted almost like a watered down Punch G2.

I have tried mixing the fruit punch Mio with the lemon-lime Nuun and while I still tasted some of the seltzer-ish flavor, it made it taste a bit better.
Thanks for the reply JN, I suspect that I may try it sometime in the future, I am not turned off by the seltzer taste but the flavoring is very weak.

Thanks for the reply JN, I suspect that I may try it sometime in the future, I am not turned off by the seltzer taste but the flavoring is very weak.

My thoughts exactly, DD. I'm not turned off by the flavoring myself. It's just watered down.

So I have found that the MEC here sells all these flavours and I will be getting some tomorrow so quick poll, which flavour is considered the best at this point?

A search through this thread and I think I'm going to go with either

Fruit Punch
Tri Berry
Tropical

They are $6.50 a tube here so I will start with one and see how I like them.

So I have found that the MEC here sells all these flavours and I will be getting some tomorrow so quick poll, which flavour is considered the best at this point?

Fruit Punch
Tri Berry
Tropical

I had the grape and fruit punch. I preferred the grape over the fruit punch. It seemed to have more flavor to it.

I had the grape and fruit punch. I preferred the grape over the fruit punch. It seemed to have more flavor to it.
Thanks Grant, but they don't appear to have the Grape here.

Thanks Grant, but they don't appear to have the Grape here.

Maybe others can tell you about the other flavors. The tropical sounds good.

I had half a lemon lime tablet NUUN in my water bottle for a 17 mile run this morning, not quite golf related but I ran 2.5 hours with just one gel and my water with NUUN mixed in and finished strong, it wasn't really that hot out today though so I wasn't drinking a lot.

I have noticed one of my other favorite sports nutrition companies has a very similar product for a little less per tube ($5 for a tube of 13), and upon reading a bit more of the nutrition data, that competitor to NUUN seems to have a bit more electrolytes that aren't in NUUN, so I think I'm going to buy a tube of those for my running purposes.

This thread has me intrigued on these. I'm going to have to pick up some and try them out. Sounds like something I might like and benefit from.

Fruit Punch
Tri Berry
Tropical

I didn't get to try any of these flavors, but I heard several say good things about the TriBerry

Finally got out to the range today after getting my clubs back. Had to get my irons re-worked and got new shafts put in my driver and 3 wood. But I got out to the range and hit balls for about a hour and a half. Just used plain water with some mio in it for flavor. Amenities have to say I liked the way the Minn really kept me going the time I used it before. I didn't get that feeling with just plain water. Looking forward to using the second tablet and if I get the same results as before I will definitely be purchasing more.

Seriously. Tappin'.

Played 18 yesterday and used my last sample, the Fruit Punch Nuun. Flavor wise, it was better than the strawberry lemonade, but I think that the grape is a little better. Shot the worst round of the year so far yesterday. Don't think the Nuun had anything to do with it. It was just one of those days where nothing comes together for you... I would say that the Nuun performed as advertised. It wasn't too hot, but I never felt thirsty or worn down. I was 100% alert and present for the disaster that I put out there! :D

While I doubt it was necessary yesterday (~70˚), I think that this product could be very helpful as we wear into summer. I've already picked up a tube of the grape and will keep it in the bag for the hotter months.

I'll continue to stay on this thread and answer questions for anyone who has them!

Thanks again to THP and Nuun for the opportunity to test these! I'm not a big runner or cycler so I wouldn't have been exposed to these most likely.

good stuff JonD. I thought the Grape was better than the Strawberry-Lemonade as well. That is a flavor I will be picking up.

good stuff JonD. I thought the Grape was better than the Strawberry-Lemonade as well. That is a flavor I will be picking up.

I agree. I drank the grape first, so I didn't really understand what some of the other testers were talking about until I had the SL.

Busy weekend but getting back to the job at hand...Nuun testing! Like I said on Friday, I got around to finally using the last sample that was sent to me for the testing.....Grape. Took about 12ozs of water and dropped the tablet in and let it go to work. To my surprise this was the color of grape:

6ecf6066.jpg

Just caught me off guard as I was expecting something a bit more darker, you know, like purple'ish. Moving on. Let it dissolve for about 2 minutes and then drank away. I'm on record as not being much of a fruit punch guy but that I thought the fruit punch tablet wasn't that bad. But I will say, I was not at all a fan of the grape. Tasted like some very bad medicine that was flavored with grape. But drank it anyways. I then got to the bottom and noticed that the tablet was still about half dissolved! It had been about 3-4 minutes already so was surprised it was still going. Ended up drinking the rest and by then it was a pretty small tablet and ate the remaining tablet.

I didn't go out and do anything performance wise but felt 'normal' the rest of the evening. All and all, I was a fan of the fruit punch but not a fan of the grape. I recently ordered the TriBerry, Straw Lemonade and Banana so want to give them a try. I think it's going to be important to find a flavor you like if one is going to stick with the Nuun tablets. Will let everyone know about the other 3 flavors when I get a chance.

Jenn found a place near her office that sells these so she picked up a Tube of Grape for my golf bag today.

Just got back from Edwin Watts. Picked up the Lemon Tea. Will definitely be giving it a go tomorrow.

Picked up some Lemon Tea at Edwin Watts and gave them the ultimate test yesterday: One fluffy dude, walking 18, 80+ degrees outside, hilly course. I started off the first tee with one bottle already made. I was really hoping it would taste better, at the very least, like weak iced tea with some lemon splashed in. What I got was really old, unsweetened, weak-arsed lemon flavored tea in a seltzer bottle. It makes me shiver thinking about it; and I bought two damn tubes of this stuff.
The front nine on my course is pretty hilly. 1-3 are nothing but it gets a bit brutal after that. I made it to nine feeling OK, not great, but better than I usually do at this point. Half the time my fat arse walks, I'm about to pack it in at this point, however, I had enough juice to drive one pin high right on this par 4 and par it pretty easy.
I mosey over to 10, a 165yd par 3, and proceed to knock another one pin high for another par. I then somehow went par, bogey, par, par on 11-14. I'm thinking holy crap...and I was wore out for the most part, meaning that I was out of breath and my back was hurting. The tee box on 15 is where I finally sat down and rested in the shade on a bench with another fresh bottle of tepid, bubbly, "lemon" tea water. I figured it mostly tasted like lemon, so I mixed in some fruity MIO which actually helped it quite a bit. I SLAMMED this bottle, as I was wondering if I'd make a full 18.
After letting a guy go by me, and rested up, I damn near drove this par 4 as well, coming up about 20yds short--par. 16 and 17 were average bogeys and after another just plain bottle of water, I was feeling decent. I got to 18 and decided to just let one fly. Baby fade to the right, 40yds short. Up and down for birdie. WTC? My back was aching, I was out of breath half the time, but my back nine was better than my front and although I was tired, I felt mentally "there".
Could water have gotten me to 18? Maybe a ton of it, but then I usually get queesy if I drink too much water and just feel like quitting (puking). So there's the icky taste that sometimes turns your stomach a bit, or getting waterlogged. Hmm. I think I'll keep mixing it with MIO. At least it tastes a little better. And IF it this stuff keeps me focused, I'm all for it.

Yup awesome wife
90230a0e.jpg

Ran a half marathon on Saturday and had a pre and post run NUUN water. Coupled with the few small cups of regular water I drank during the run I had absolutely no issues with dehydration or my performance/energy levels bottoming out at all.

Could attribute this to eating right for a couple days leading up to the run but I didn't really hydrate a lot so the fact that I didn't have a case of the cottonmouth and my urine wasn't dark was actually a surprise.

Siri does my posting for me using Tapatalk.

good stuff Colt. Half marathon? Damn dude thats awesome

Here's a quick write up from a non-tester.

Went to the gym first thing this morning and had a pretty hard work out. A couple of hours later I decided to do some yard work so I popped a Tri Berry Nuun into a 16 oz bottle of water. Wanting to see how MiO would work with the NuuN I put in a squirt of Berry Pomegranate MiO. I must say it definitely improved the taste. I will probably keep a bottle of MiO in my bag to help with the taste of the Nuun. The Nuun did it's job while I was working in the sun and after I finished I decided to go out to the course and ride 9 holes. I struck the ball much better than I had thought I would and did not become the least bit fatigued for that nine. I only drank a 16 oz. bottle of water during the round.

Back