Nuun Drink Tablets - Forum Review

Here's a quick write up from a non-tester.

Went to the gym first thing this morning and had a pretty hard work out. A couple of hours later I decided to do some yard work so I popped a Tri Berry Nuun into a 16 oz bottle of water. Wanting to see how MiO would work with the NuuN I put in a squirt of Berry Pomegranate MiO. I must say it definitely improved the taste. I will probably keep a bottle of MiO in my bag to help with the taste of the Nuun. The Nuun did it's job while I was working in the sun and after I finished I decided to go out to the course and ride 9 holes. I struck the ball much better than I had thought I would and did not become the least bit fatigued for that nine. I only drank a 16 oz. bottle of water during the round.
Good stuff DD, seems that Nuun did the trick for you today. I imagine it was quite warm up there today, and issues with feeling dehydrated?

Today in my match, I used the first of the Nuun tablets I have. I have the tropical flavor, or at least that it what it said on the tube. I thought the taste of these was horrible. I don't know what alka-seltzer tastes like so I can't comment there, but I thought it tasted like it looked: tinted water. That is, if tinted could have a taste. It was sort of carbonated, but not really corbinated like soda. More like just having gas in it. The performance however, was amazing. We walk in matches and our home course is quite hilly. I usually get tired even if it isn't terribly hot out, and my swing deteriorates a bit. It leads to my strikes being not as crisp. Just slightly off usually. Today, with the Nuun, was striking was on the whole round. I felt no fatigue and energized the whole time. It was awesome. It didn't reflect on my score because of two bad swings off the tee, but I could feel it. I will be using the rest of the ones I have and then ordering more for certain. I can get over the taste for those results!

So, Damaikis, would you find it safe to say that these do not make you feel any better or more energized from the get-go but just sustain your initial energy levels longer?

Siri does my posting for me using Tapatalk.

Last edited:
Tried the strawberry lemonade on the way home today. Two thumbs up on the taste compared to the fruit punch and grape. Still have banana and tri-berry to go.

Used the Strawberry Lemonade today. Drank it about 30 minutes before playing 18 in 85 degree heat. Can't believe it's this hot in early April.

Seemed to work as I did very well during the round. I felt great and stayed alert. I started drinking regular water on the back nine.

The only complaint I would have is that the flavor is not strong enough for my taste. But I have found this to be the same with every similar product I've tried. I always want MORE.

But I'm pleased with the Nuun tablets and hope to use them again later today if I can get back on the course.

good stuff Colt. Half marathon? Damn dude thats awesome

It was interesting. I'll say that. Other than my 3 miles I run twice a week I did no training for it so sore is probably a bit of an understatement for the way I felt the next day. Actually, my daggum toenails still hurt.

My club now carries Nuun tablets! I bought a tube and I'm just waiting for the first to dissolve now.

Sent from someone else's iPhone using Tapatalk

My club now carries Nuun tablets! I bought a tube and I'm just waiting for the first to dissolve now.

very nice. I like the locker too

Pretty awesome that they carry them just a week or so after you were looking for them CB.

I played my round yesterday with just plain ol' water. I sipped it throughout the round, like the nuun water, and I found myself REALLY dragging by the 16th hole. I never felt completely satiated like I was with the nuun - and mentally I just wasn't feeling as sharp. Shot a 90. I'm going to pick up some more tablets soon and get back out there for more thoughts.

NUUN is making a heck of a marketing push, they're all over the place now

I'm not convinced they're the best product in the category, but they're certainly the most available and most marketed one.

very nice. I like the locker too

Pretty awesome that they carry them just a week or so after you were looking for them CB.
I just laughed when the pro behind the counter said to me "Hey you should try these new hydration tablets we have." I was going to go to MEC later today and get some, but since my club is carrying them its just easier (although a little pricier).

So one of the reasons I liked this idea is because before every round you play at my club, each cart has a cooler that 4 bottles of water are in so I thought the ability to have a container that just stays in my bag would be great. I bought the tube and right away put it in my golf bag for my round tomorrow, but I took out one tablet and took it with me with a bottle of water to the range for a little practice session. At first I was dragging a bit because I had worked out this morning and hadn't had a lot to drink, so I put the nuun in the bottle of water and once it had dissolved (which takes a while hey?) and then I drank half the bottle (fruit punch). Its not all that flavorful but it tastes fine enough and definatly adds some flavor from just straight up water. The best description I have read from one of the testers was that it tastes like an old bottle of gatoraid that you fillled back up with water. I cant remember who said that but thats bang on for me.

Anyway, I seemed to perk up right away and I still an hour or two later feel much more alert and energized and I think its safe to say that I was a little dehydrated. I'm overall pleased with everything I found today and I will be using it in my round tomorrow, but I will for sure be using these for the forseeable future as I just like how easy and small the packaging is to keep in my bag, on top of the fact that today it worked really well for me.
I will update tomorrow after my round.

NUUN is making a heck of a marketing push, they're all over the place now

I'm not convinced they're the best product in the category, but they're certainly the most available and most marketed one.

What other products are sugar free and replenish your electrolytes better? Not throwing any rocks, I am just curious as to what else is available and in their category.

not sure it's appropriate for me to bring up in the NUUN thread, but I'll PM you

So, Damaikis, would you find it safe to say that these do not make you feel any better or more energized from the get-go but just sustain your initial energy levels longer?

Sorry for the late response, but yes. That is exactly the case. Good wording.

I played another round with the Nuun today. 9 holes of walking and I found that these kept my energy up the whole time. I love these things. My ball striking was spot-on today and I was able to maintain that throughout the round rather than having it deteriorate like usual. I'm certainly buying more when mine is gone.

Sorry for the late response, but yes. That is exactly the case. Good wording.

I played another round with the Nuun today. 9 holes of walking and I found that these kept my energy up the whole time. I love these things. My ball striking was spot-on today and I was able to maintain that throughout the round rather than having it deteriorate like usual. I'm certainly buying more when mine is gone.

I kind of figured that's what you'd say. Just wanted to pry the words out of you because the more people state this fact the less people will be buying them expecting a miracle concoction and ending up disappointed.

Great product, does its job well, but is by no means a "magic" performance enhancing tablet.

I kind of figured that's what you'd say. Just wanted to pry the words out of you because the more people state this fact the less people will be buying them expecting a miracle concoction and ending up disappointed.

Great product, does its job well, but is by no means a "magic" performance enhancing tablet.

I agree. I just couldn't word it like that for some reason. These just help me personally a ton since my biggest flaw is fading at the end of the round. This helps prevent that.

I just tried the tropical flavor, very nice, better than fruit punch I think. I also bought the lemon tea and citrus fruits which I will try in the coming days.

I'm really glad Nuun decided to do this forum testing as I'm not sure I would have heard about them otherwise and I like the product a lot.

Playing a 4 man best ball tourney tomorrow. (That's today for y'all) I'm gonna give a different flavor NUUN to every one of my partners and get their reactions to the flavor and effectiveness of these.

I just tried the tropical flavor, very nice, better than fruit punch I think. I also bought the lemon tea and citrus fruits which I will try in the coming days.

I'm really glad Nuun decided to do this forum testing as I'm not sure I would have heard about them otherwise and I like the product a lot.

I agree'd. Really glad I got to try this product. Playing Saturday again and going to go back to G2 for the round. Depending on how i feel, I could be making a trip to Mountain Equipment to pick up a tube or two.

I can get past the taste of some of the flavours if it's a product that is going to work.

Nice thoughts everyone. I agree that I wouldn't have ever heard of these or given them a thought if THP didn't have a testing.

I tried the Tri-Berry yesterday while messing around the house and enjoyed the taste of it as well. Fruit Punch is still my favorite, but the Tri-Berry was pretty good. Just thought I would add that, for those that are compiling lists of flavors to try.

I had a grape tablet yesterday while just hanging around the house. Of the 3 flavors I tried it might be my favorite. Will be on the course walking 18 tomorrow and they will be in the bag.

Would be cool if we could get a poll set up for flavours and you can vote for more than one. I know flavour is a personal taste, but seems to be a few trends going on here with certain flavours.

Great thoughts CB.

I still haven't been able to find these locally (to try more flavors). I will be playing using my 2nd tablet tomorrow after a 2.5 hour drive so it should be a good test of stamina/energy levels.

Back