PhillyV

Original Ass-Cap : G15' & G18'
Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
Snow
What are everyone's feelings on having a mixed bag? By mixed I mean having more then one brand of clubs in your bag. For me personally, it drives me crazy lol but there are certain clubs I won't get rid of. My hybrid and my putter especially.

Tapa Slice

When you say mixed bag, are you referring to more then one brand of club in the bag?

Yes

Tapa Slice

I used to feel that it should all be the same before coming to THP. But really it doesn't matter. A wise man once said that the only reason you should have all your clubs be from the same brand is if you are sponsored by them. I'm sure there's more, but I could probably count off the top of my head less than 5 THP members with suited bags.

Having mixed clubs drives me soooo crazy too. So when I bought my clubs I made sure to buy 3 different brands because I know it really drives me crazy when I have more than 1 brand in my bag.

*facepalm*
1307904835001.jpeg

When I first started golfing, I was told that sticking to a brand was to help distance gaps be consistent. I still stay consistent in groups, irons, wedges, etc. But hey, I believe hit what feels good, or what you can afford. It's really about going out and enjoying the game.

Having mixed clubs drives me soooo crazy too. So when I bought my clubs I made sure to buy 3 different brands because I know it really drives me crazy when I have more than 1 brand in my bag.

*facepalm*
1307904835001.jpeg

Cool post

Tapa Slice

I have four brands of clubs in my set up now. All less than a year old. I go with why works best for me, regardless of brand

Tapaway!

If I did that, I'd be in real trouble lol! I have Adams Irons & hybrids, TM Driver & 4 wood, Titleist & Mizuno wedges and a Ping Putter!

Last edited:
I think years ago it could have been easier to be a "brand" guy but now with all the companies using the latest technology, there is more of an option to fit your game to as far as brand goes

Tapa Slice

Brand isn't all that important. Plus you might find you like one OEMs wedges and that another makes better irons and so on. I use what I like first and what works best second!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Personally I have preferred brands that I particularly like but I will game whatever works well for me. Currently I have 3 different brands in my bag, 4 if you count balls. Could be up to 5 in the next few weeks once this pink G20 comes out.

I play what works. That includes some brands that most people would balk at including things like Boccieri Heavy Hybrids.

With that said, I have 6 different brands in my bag right now.

Well with six different brands in my bag, I guess I am not one for a single OEM bag.

I have never had a complete bag, until last years Morgan Cup. It's kind of cool having all one OEM's stuff in your bag. Currently, I have a mixed bag. I suspect I always will. I don't know why.

I had a full TaylorMade bag for about 3 weeks last year, obviously it didn't last. There is too much good gear out to be locked in to one brand, IMO.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My bag represents Nike, Wilson Staff, Cobra, Adams, Cleveland, and Boccieri right now. I'm all over the place, haha.

Not sure I will ever have a full bag of just one company, unless I get sponsored or I get them at a deal/free that's just too good to pass up on.

There are certain brands that I look too for specific clubs though. Example being that I will always look at Cleveland first when it comes to wedges.

use to be a TM guy (except putter), not so much anymore, but dont see too much changing anytime soon except maybe the 3H someday

I was going to be all TM except putter but decided on Mizuno wedges. TM not known for great wedges.

It shouldnt really matter just as long as the iron set you have is the same. All the other clubs feel different so it doesnt matter

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk

Just starting to develop my bag from a bunch of hand me downs, but if there's one thing this site's taught me it's try as much as you can and buy what works best for you. If it all ends up being the same brand then that's a happy bonus, otherwise I don't mind a mix in the bag.

Unless a miracle happens and I get sponsored, I will play any club that feels the best to me, regardless of manufacturer. See my sig for proof...

I like trying out different clubs too much to stick with one brand.
I will play whichever works best for me, I think you limit your options when sticking to one brand.

Back