2012 Callaway Forged Wedges

You guys are making me want one of these. My distance control has been money lately but my 56* is in bad shape and is just asking for a replacement. Hmmmm. Plus the dark chrome looks epic.

That's some good feedback, Chunky and Breeze. I wanted to hit these wedges from the first time I saw them on THP.

I have had a hard time with my 48* lately and I thought I would try to get a Nike Vr Pro at a good price as a replacement but I am seriously considering the 2012 Callaway the more you guys talk it up.

I have had a hard time with my 48* lately and I thought I would try to get a Nike Vr Pro at a good price as a replacement but I am seriously considering the 2012 Callaway the more you guys talk it up.
I really think you should, they are a great wedge, and they put so much spin on the ball it boggles your mind.

I really think you should, they are a great wedge, and they put so much spin on the ball it bottles your mind.

FIFY :D

And I agree with the gentleman above me

Seriously they are great wedges....the C grind and the extra weight in the head just make them so easy to hit....and they stop on a dime!

I came from the Nikes to these. I liked the Nikes. Thought they were a real solid wedge. Then I got the Callaways. Better in every aspect especially chipping for me

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk 2

I came from Titleist Vokey wedges to these, and I couldn't be happier. These are so much easier to hit, plus the fact that I get more distance and the spin as just as good totally blows me away. I thought switching to wedges with the new grooves would be tough but it has been a very easy transition. Before my titleist wedges I used Nike, and they.just don't even compare to these.

The control and feel is unlike any other wedge I have owned. My touch is better and the feedback is perfect. Hope this helps with your decision.

I really think you should, they are a great wedge, and they put so much spin on the ball it bottles your mind.

Me too, and the gentleman above him. Best wedges I've ever had.

Seriously they are great wedges....the C grind and the extra weight in the head just make them so easy to hit....and they stop on a dime!

I came from the Nikes to these. I liked the Nikes. Thought they were a real solid wedge. Then I got the Callaways. Better in every aspect especially chipping for me

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk 2

I came from Titleist Vokey wedges to these, and I couldn't be happier. These are so much easier to hit, plus the fact that I get more distance and the spin as just as good totally blows me away. I thought switching to wedges with the new grooves would be tough but it has been a very easy transition. Before my titleist wedges I used Nike, and they.just don't even compare to these.

The control and feel is unlike any other wedge I have owned. My touch is better and the feedback is perfect. Hope this helps with your decision.

lots of praise for these wedges so far. Glad to hear it! Looking forward to testing them out down in FL next month. My one equipment complaint from last year's Callaway offerings were the wedges. But it sounds like these are providing you guys with everything that you need.

Got to the range today and my usual routine is to warm up in the short game area. I drop balls in 3 different spots to give myself 3 distinct distances to chip from. This makes me not just hit the same chip 10 times in a row. I will hit 1 ball and then go to the next spot and so on. Today I was going to just take my 58 and work on normal chips, and also moving the ball a little forward to give myself a little loft.

The green was empty of balls so it was just my shots that could be seen. At the end of the session I had everything inside of 5 feet. It was by far the best I've done at this little drill. I just had a nice rhythmic back and forth and I made solid contact with each shot. The revelation for me was the moving the ball a little up in my stance. I thought I would end up chunking some shots at first but in reality I hit these shots the best. I will practice this some more and maybe take this to the course soon

Moved down to the range and started by hitting some 58* shots in a 9 to 3 fashion. The one thing that I have been working on lately is extending my left arm through the ball and into the follow through. Today I had this really working well. Feels like a hump has been crossed. Moved to the 54* and started hitting some full shots to the 100 yard flag. As I've seen previously, the ball just goes really high with these wedges. Higher than I can ever remember hitting a wedge. The great part though is that I seem to be gaining distance. My old Nike was a 52* and I was not hitting the 100 yard flag with that club.

Looking at the wedges after todays session and my ball marks were fantastic. Just about every mark was in a nice tight grouping in the center. I believe that my left arm has finally gotten to the extension I need it to and my ball striking should improve from here on out. I just really love these wedges. I know some guys will read this and say that I have to say this because Cally is my sponsor. But I'm being absolutely honest here. These wedges are awesome. Give them a try. They are not like any other Cally wedge that I've ever played

Awesome job captain! Sounds like you continue to improve with these every week. I am just arriving at the course now for 9 holes and some short game practice.

Thanks dude. Have fun!

Nicely done, Chunky. I'll be looking for these at demo day.

These are the absolute strength of my game right now. I am hitting excellent approach shots, pitches, flops, sand shots, bump and run shots..... these wedges have every shot I need with the PERFECT amount of feedback and feel. These will be in my bag for a long long time. I have hit the stick more in the 6 times I have played this year than I did all of last golf season. I love the weighting and the sound. I can't stress enough how much confidence these wedges give me.

Have been researching these online and checked them out during a quick window shopping session at GG today, wow, they are absolutely gorgeous.

If I get enough money together this season after getting some new irons, I will be bagging 3 of these - 50, 54, 58 - in black.

I'm still loving these wedges, but have stopped using them everywhere. I think I know when I can use them and when I shouldn't.

I'm still loving these wedges, but have stopped using them everywhere. I think I know when I can use them and when I shouldn't.
Outside of 115 yards I stop using them Smalls.

Have been researching these online and checked them out during a quick window shopping session at GG today, wow, they are absolutely gorgeous.

If I get enough money together this season after getting some new irons, I will be bagging 3 of these - 50, 54, 58 - in black.

Thats exactly the setup I have now and I love them! So easy to hit...I just had to adjust to carrying the ball closer to the hole because they stopped so fast!

Very nice purchase!! I know you will love them!

My outside number is less than that, but I am talking more greenside stuff!
LOL, I know buddy. I use them everywhere around the green, but I've become very fond of the 50*

LOL, I know buddy. I use them everywhere around the green, but I've become very fond of the 50*

Yeah, the 50* is my go to club for most pitch shots over 20 yards....pure one hop and stop!

How do these compare to the 588's?

Back