2012 THP Golf Outing & Demo Day

I can't wait for the official pairings and competition rules to be announced. That will be fun.

Nope, but a lot of strategically placed pot bunkers. They get old real fast lol

You can ask KellyBo and she can attest I hit probably 110% of the bunkers on the New Course. Here I was thinking my drive was mint off the tee and drive up and that sucker be in a pot bunker the size of Kansas. I even hit pot bunkers that weren't invented yet :bulgy-eyes:

Yanking your chain bro, I know the right side of the course is safe from you 99.44% of the time. You won't miss that thing probably ever again. :peace:

haha I'm not gonna guarantee that bro. :alien:

I doubt that you'll miss the first fairway, it's only about 130 yards wide. For you, the water in front of the green about 330 yards away will be in play.

Belbs will need to hit a hybrid off the 1st tee. Or just wait for the green to clear

You can ask KellyBo and she can attest I hit probably 110% of the bunkers on the New Course. Here I was thinking my drive was mint off the tee and drive up and that sucker be in a pot bunker the size of Kansas. I even hit pot bunkers that weren't invented yet :bulgy-eyes:

Buddy of mine hit into one on 2 that plugged (thank you rain) into the side of one of the little ones you can barely fit into. Took him two shots just to get out of the wall/out of the bunker to them hit his fourth shot.

Buddy of mine hit into one on 2 that plugged (thank you rain) into the side of one of the little ones you can barely fit into. Took him two shots just to get out of the wall/out of the bunker to them hit his fourth shot.

yea them suckers are tough! You look out from the tee box and it looks pretty simple (at least for #1 for me :alien:) and then you find yourself in one of those holes built by the devil himself. I had one shot approx. 150ish to the hole and had to hit a lob wedge out the side of that thing. Don't get me wrong it is a seriously fun golf course to play. If you can steer your ball away from certain areas, you could shoot a really decent score there. It is definitely easier than the North/South course.

Last edited:
yea them suckers are tough! You look out from the tee box and it looks pretty simple (at least for #1 for me :alien:) and then you find yourself in one of those holes built by the devil himself. I had one shot approx. 150ish to the hole and had to hit a lob wedge out the side of that thing. Don't get me wrong it is a seriously fun golf course to play. If you can stir your ball away from certain areas, you could shoot a really decent score there. It is definitely easier than the North/South course.

I agree, that combo is really really tricky. I keep making the same dumb mistake on the 2nd on the South. I get at a yardage where I can go for it in 2, and then always hit it heavy and into the water short. Unless I have a 7i or under going in, I'm laying up from now on.

I agree, that combo is really really tricky. I keep making the same dumb mistake on the 2nd on the South. I get at a yardage where I can go for it in 2, and then always hit it heavy and into the water short. Unless I have a 7i or under going in, I'm laying up from now on.

Where is the fun in laying up? Man up and go for it.

Every time I try to do that, I hit it fat or with a hosel rocket and end up with a penalty. Too many ego juices flowing through me when a big 220+ yard shot for a green in 2 is in front of me.

haha that's the problem, I've gone for it every time and wind up chunking a fairway wood into the creek short and I make double. That's gotten old twice now.

I'm excited to see the competition format, as well as the groups for tee off!

I am so ready for this to be here it isn't even funny.

I'm excited to see the competition format, as well as the groups for tee off!
If we see it before Friday (demo day) I'd be surprised because all the changes

Sent from my DROID X2

I'm just thrilled to roll out and meet all the THP folk! I'm not sure I can get this Titanic I like to call my golf game turned in time to help my apex predator team.

I'm just thrilled to roll out and meet all the THP folk! I'm not sure I can get this Titanic I like to call my golf game turned in time to help my apex predator team.

It's all cool Mr. D! There will be more hackers than whackers at the outing and certainly no reason to be embarrassed about your golf game.

Congrats again on getting a spot at the outing, looking forward to meeting you buddy. Are you taking MaryC's place in our villa or are you staying as a single?
No, I was being cheap and booked as a double. I received a PM from GG and I won't be in your villa, but I do need to meet you and the others in the Georgia gang.

So glad you were able to take my open spot and you're from GA. You will have so much fun.

I'll be PMing you in a little while to get your choice of cookies.

Welcome to the Outing---
- Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Cookies aren't necessary. The Demo Day, playing golf on a great course and getting to know this crew is enough. I should say that I am sorry that you couldn't go, but then that would mean that I wouldn't have had this chance. Maybe I should send you cookies.

Glad you're coming to the outing StillMyShot! It will be nice to meet another Georgia golfer and I promise you will have a fantastic time. Really great people and loads of fun.

I'm so sorry you can't make the outing MaryC. Just come on down to Gray anytime and we'll have our own little mini outing at the Goat Track before it turns into the sheep pasture. You know our guest suite is always open to you and LB. You need to come meet Roxie soon!

Just so everyone knows, I only have about 3 more weeks before I can play golf again (sidelined since December)! I'm feeling so much better lately. I've been walking about 2 miles a day and building up my stamina. No back pain in over a week now. My neck is healing up nicely from surgery. I think I just might live! Can't wait to get back out there.

Just so everyone knows, I only have about 3 more weeks before I can play golf again (sidelined since December)! I'm feeling so much better lately. I've been walking about 2 miles a day and building up my stamina. No back pain in over a week now. My neck is healing up nicely from surgery. I think I just might live! Can't wait to get back out there.

Glad to hear your doing so much better!!

I'm glad you're feeling better, keep up the good work, you'll be back in your groove in no time. I know I'm not the only one thinking it, but am comfortable saying it, please go easy on us in Orlando! There is one resident of Gray, GA I hope I dont see in Match Play and its not that crazy Mrs Graybush.

Glad to hear your doing so much better!!

Thanks Nerfny! I look forward to teeing it up with you again!

I'm glad you're feeling better, keep up the good work, you'll be back in your groove in no time. I know I'm not the only one thinking it, but am comfortable saying it, please go easy on us in Orlando! There is one resident of Gray, GA I hope I dont see in Match Play and its not that crazy Mrs Graybush.

LOL, thanks ddxu. I hope golf is like riding a bicycle. I'm going to do a lot of chipping, putting and pitching before the outing but I won't be able to play until then. I just went in my backyard to chip and scared my new rescue dog to death when I hit the ball so I had to stop. I might have to return her if she doesn't like golf (NOT).

It's all cool Mr. D! There will be more hackers than whackers at the outing and certainly no reason to be embarrassed about your golf game.

Oh ... I didn't say I was embarrassed!! LOL.

Glad you're coming to the outing StillMyShot! It will be nice to meet another Georgia golfer and I promise you will have a fantastic time. Really great people and loads of fun.

I'm so sorry you can't make the outing MaryC. Just come on down to Gray anytime and we'll have our own little mini outing at the Goat Track before it turns into the sheep pasture. You know our guest suite is always open to you and LB. You need to come meet Roxie soon!

KellyBo, that is great news!!! Really hoping you are out playing at the outing!!!

Oh ... I didn't say I was embarrassed!! LOL.

I have seen your game my friend... you have nothing to worry about!!!

Back