Putter Suggestions

kungfugeek

Reaction score
Hey guys, I am looking for a new putter with more sex appeal than my current NC NCX-RAY. I putt well with it, but I've grown to dislike the looks of it. So i'm looking for a new face balanced mallet, with dual alignment lines. The only think I have tried so far is the NC Gambler Straight, pretty, but don't putt well with it. I don't know much about any of the boutique companies, what else should I look at?

While your requirements are kind of specific, SeeMore putters are pretty fantastic.
www.seemore.com

Check out Seemore's offerings. Otherwise the Taylormade Manta might fit your bill.

Try the Taylormade Manta...a hands down winner !

SeeMore. Nuff said!

Check out Seemore putters.

The Odyssey Sabertooth is pretty rad.

I already have a functional putter, I'm looking for SEXY suggestions! Calling JB to this thread...

Sessy screams Bettinardi!

Just picked up the new Scotty Cameron Studio Select Go Lo. The ball rolls amazing and has such a nice soft sound from the face. Had a seemore DB4 which is great but just too loud off the face and tendency to turn the fact heavy toe balance, switched to the Odyssey Tour Dart Mallett which provided better balance for me and deadly accurate but on long putts or off the fringe just couldn't adjust to such a large mallet. Found the exact in between a blade and a mallet with the the Go Lo

I already have a functional putter, I'm looking for SEXY suggestions! Calling JB to this thread...

are you saying seemores aren't sexy? blasphemy.

Scotty Select dark finish... Bettinardi Studio stock... Both amazing looking, classy putters..

Or just buy something crazy like a Nome or a Backstryke -- Conversation starters for sure.

New = Scotty Cameron Studio Select, It had a black finish and soft feel

Old = Scotty Cameron Studio Design 1,2, or 3 with the original finish. Carbon steel soft putters and amazing shine. It didn't bother me on the course but I know it'll bother some.

Bettinardi's = sexhy.

Try the spider ghost it's a nice face balance putter and the alignment is really easy to use, plus the weights on the head makes it easier to customize for personal weight preference.

Well, I booked a lesson from an instructor on the SeeMore site. We will see what he recommends!

If you want a truly sexy putter, I would say commission one from Lajosi, TP Mills, or any of the boutique putter makers out there. You will get a truly unique piece and will roll as good as it looks.

I would agree with those who have suggested the TM Manta. I've been using it for about a week now and have found it to be easiest putter to align that I've ever used - and I've used a lot. I'ts like putting your ball between two, well-defined, railroad tracks.

The release from the head is very, very soft. If you're looking for something more "clicky", the Manta won't be for you. Personally, I like the feel, but it's about one or two notches above buttery.

Ok, I have it narrowed down to the SeeMore SB2 and the SeeMore SI2. Any tips on where to get a deal on either of these?

I love the look of the new Rife Tropical Series. Particularly the Barbados. Beautiful putters that will certainly make it into my collection someday soon.

I keep pulling out different putters to try on the course, generally on get a few hole's in before going back to the SeeMore. Every day is not perfect, but it's the most consistent putter I've ever had. In fact, it's getting a little rough in shape at this point. I don't even want to think what happens when it needs retired.

Ok, I have it narrowed down to the SeeMore SB2 and the SeeMore SI2. Any tips on where to get a deal on either of these?

I'd ask at Blind9 golf at the top of the page.
Other than that I've seen some of the SeeMore Putters at Golf Galaxy.

Back