Zurich Classic of New Orleans Thread (Spoilers)

I don't understand people's criticism of Duffner's demeanor. Mainly because the same people that don't like how emotionless he is complain about other players that show too much emotion.

Personally, I love Duff. Dude gets a really bad wrap for choking but he's a heck of a player and fun to watch.

I just learned from the Golf Channel coverage that I shoudl start waggling. My first coach wanted me to waggle, and I did it for a while. I have gotten away from it, maybe I should pick it back up, just for TC's sake.

I like Dufner, I like his stoic demeanor. People complain about this waggles but he is still WAY faster than most players. I certainly like the fact that he played at Auburn. I met him years ago, I didn't know who he was, but he seemed nice enough. I do wish he had better taste in women, but we all have our faults.

I'm liking Dufner the more he opens up. Last season I didn't like the way he carried himself, but after sort of finding out why and what not, I have a lot more respect for him.

Need to try a waggle.

Is it just me or does this course not come across that well on tv? Doesn't really make me want to go and play it. That course in Korea the Euro's are playing on looks awesome though.

I would agree with this. There are courses that they play where you make a note to try and get there to play if possible. This is not one of them for me.

Watching Duff makes me want to get a bag of Titlesist

Ken duke needs some chest antiperspirant

Watching Duff makes me want to get a bag of Titlesist

And some Footjoy duds to match.

Maybe a NetJet acount... yeah that would be nice.

I've had the pleasure of meeting Jason Dufner. This was before his was on the PGA Tour, but he was a golfer. He was friends with the pro at a course back home (they played at Auburn together). He was a doucher. And I don't like him.

I'm glad many of you do. THis is a great week for you to watch this tournament. I also like Lee Westwood and many people don't. It is what it is.

If he can ever get his nerves figured out the is going to win some tournaments, such a consistent ball striker who can sink some putts. The guy can play on Bermuda with the best of them.

So basically, all the Dufner fans are Auburn alumni. That makes sense.

Went to turn this back on and the LPGA is on TGC now. Saw Gulbis walking down the fairway and almost couldn't change the channel. Duffner waggle or Gulbis rather large tatas. Hmmm

Last edited:
So basically, all the Dufner fans are Auburn alumni. That makes sense.

I'd be lying if I said it didn't play a part in my liking Duf. But there are plenty of pro athletes from Auburn who I don't particularly care for.

You've met him and had a negative experience, I can see why you wouldn't like him.

Went to turn this back on and the LPGA is on TGC now. Saw Gulpis walking down the fairway and almost couldn't change the channel. Duffner waggle or Gulpis rather large tatas. Hmmm

That's why I'm watching the ladies my man. LEt them Auburn boys get their rocks off to that ugly faced doucher Dufner.

I'd be lying if I said it didn't play a part in my liking Duf. But there are plenty of pro athletes from Auburn who I don't particularly care for.

You've met him and had a negative experience, I can see why you wouldn't like him.

I think if any other forum member would have been on the range with him, listening to him make fun of other golfers, inlcuding myself, you probably wouldn't like him either. I couldn't believe it. My buddy, who was his buddy too, came up to me later and apologized for him. He was incredibly full of himself and just not really a nice person. Now, this was quite a while ago, but I never ever forgot it.

I think if any other forum member would have been on the range with him, listening to him make fun of other golfers, inlcuding myself, you probably wouldn't like him either. I couldn't believe it. My buddy, who was his buddy too, came up to me later and apologized for him. He was incredibly full of himself and just not really a nice person. Now, this was quite a while ago, but I never ever forgot it.

That's not cool, and I don't blame you one bit for holding that against him. Insert joke about holding Gulbis tatas against me.

Villegas with the chunk moving the ball about 2 feet. Almost double hit the club...oops.

I only like Dufner when he's on my fantasy team. Otherwise, he's a turd.

My team's playing really well today.

I only like Dufner when he's on my fantasy team. Otherwise, he's a turd.

My team's playing really well today.
What has he done that makes you say that?

"Wow, he really got hosed there"

I've liked dufner, even don't mind his waggles because he's very quick and consistant about them (compared to other players). However I can't deny that TC's encounter with him has me reexamining my opinion.

oh well, back to hitting golf balls in my garage on this rainy saturday, and Go Big Ern!

46 points today, thanks Bubba and Waggles!

I said on Thursday that Waggles would win this weekend.....still like that prediction. Playing too good not to break through and get the first win, and he even missed several opportunities on the back 9 today.

Looks like 54 for me today. I haven't watched a bit of this yet!

Man... thought I was doing well with 40 points today but still dropped 2 spots. Too bad both of my C group guy's missed the cut again...

I had 58 today. Very good playing. 6 of my guys (and all 4 of my starters) are in the top 20.

Back