Wells Fargo Championship [Spoilers]

A golf boy -8 through 12. Damn. Talk about on fire.

A golf boy -8 through 12. Damn. Talk about on fire.

I don't understand why everyone has been talking about Watney and not Crane.

I like seeing Cink up at the top of the leaderboard for once, hopefully he can finish well over the weekend.

Whoa. Woods just hit an approach so far left on the par 5 that the fans have formed a search committee. Someone told me it was so far left, nobody has ever hit it there. That cant be true.

Whoa. Woods just hit an approach so far left on the par 5 that the fans have formed a search committee. Someone told me it was so far left, nobody has ever hit it there. That cant be true.

how can that be? His swing is solid

how can that be? His swing is solid

I didnt mean it like that. I meant it as there have been a lot of amateurs that have played this course and surely they have been there.

and just realized I had Ryan Moore on my bench....I'm awesome at this FG stuff

How far left could only be determined by how quickly or firmly he dropped his club after hitting the shot, LOL

Poor guy's back to MC Tiger. Again, how did he win a month ago? Was it b/c he didn't have to hit driver?

How far left could only be determined by how quickly or firmly he dropped his club after hitting the shot, LOL

Poor guy's back to MC Tiger. Again, how did he win a month ago? Was it b/c he didn't have to hit driver?

His handicap at Bay Hill is lower

The reality is that based on where he was two years ago, he is hitting it very well. I was thinking about his issues with the woods and I think a proper fitting is in order. he 2ironed a -2 on the back niine and manged a +1 with the driver. he is missing on both sides so I think its a shaft issue.

But there is a great deal of smoking going on in that camp as well
Can anybody offer some insight to this? Or did everybody jump ship already? Where is mward, ripper, flooder, ary, and more. Its an honest question.

The reality is that based on where he was two years ago, he is hitting it very well. I was thinking about his issues with the woods and I think a proper fitting is in order. he 2ironed a -2 on the back niine and manged a +1 with the driver. he is missing on both sides so I think its a shaft issue.

Dude, I agree. Why the heck is he bothering with the driver? I think if he's in the fairway and has an iron in his hand, he's as good as anybody out there. So why not put himself in that position more? I don't get it.

Thanks Freddie. Im not sure I agree, but thanks for the thought from one that follows the swing closer than I do. Last year we heard that "what are you talking about, he is top 10 at Masters and won the Chevron". Then it was "It takes 2 years to get a swing down". Now its "I wonder which Tiger shows up this week". I thought going into this year, he was going to return to form and really thought the Masters was where that would take place. I dont count the Chevron and at Bay Hill, it was a different story as well. However right now, it seems as though its regressing (again) and I am not sure I buy the whole "Its a process" and the "swing takes time" thing anymore. Will it click? Maybe, and I hope so, but right now is a complete guessing game.

I also dont believe its a shaft issue personally, as much as its a swing issue, but that is just me.

I'll never understand his game. I know on the par fives he needs the big stick but on every other hole he could just stinger it to death and play well. Get a hot putter and he is in business
Dude, I agree. Why the heck is he bothering with the driver? I think if he's in the fairway and has an iron in his hand, he's as good as anybody out there. So why not put himself in that position more? I don't get it.

With his all inconsistency that we're seeing now, does it come down to a mental problem more than a swing problem at this point?

At this point? It's always been that.

At least before he had the swing changes to blame, but now does he only have the mental game to blame?

Sorry, should have been more specific.

Wow, it worked out pretty well for him. He got a drop near the green, because fans claim they heard and/or saw the ball.

Hell always have something to blame. Always.

If that's the case, I don't see him getting back until he admits to himself that it's the 6 inches between his ears holding him back.

TW is a Range Rat. Can't bring it to the course, anymore.

I don't count chevron either but I do count Bayhill, he won with a pretty solid game. The shaft comments were just conjecture, I know he has the best at his disposal. His swing seems to work really well with the irons, mind you I have not seen one swing of his this week but based on reports (GC) his iron game was pretty solid yesterday. Am I wrong? I've always been taught to swing the driver like the 7i, if that is the case and his irons are on then the driver should follow suit. Again just conjecture and theory.

Thanks Freddie. Im not sure I agree, but thanks for the thought from one that follows the swing closer than I do. Last year we heard that "what are you talking about, he is top 10 at Masters and won the Chevron". Then it was "It takes 2 years to get a swing down". Now its "I wonder which Tiger shows up this week". I thought going into this year, he was going to return to form and really thought the Masters was where that would take place. I dont count the Chevron and at Bay Hill, it was a different story as well. However right now, it seems as though its regressing (again) and I am not sure I buy the whole "Its a process" and the "swing takes time" thing anymore. Will it click? Maybe, and I hope so, but right now is a complete guessing game.

I also dont believe its a shaft issue personally, as much as its a swing issue, but that is just me.

I think Tiger is just trying to do much off the tee. As many have said on here before, why doesn't he just go with the straight shot and quit trying to shape the ball.

I don't count chevron either but I do count Bayhill, he won with a pretty solid game. The shaft comments were just conjecture, I know he has the best at his disposal. His swing seems to work really well with the irons, mind you I have not seen one swing of his this week but based on reports (GC) his iron game was pretty solid yesterday. Am I wrong? I've always been taught to swing the driver like the 7i, if that is the case and his irons are on then the driver should follow suit. Again just conjecture and theory.

I think of Bay Hill like I do Webb playing Quail Hollow this week. Its a home course and one he has played hundreds of times. Does it mean he should win? No, but it does give him a nice edge to some in the field. Add to that the course setup and not having to hit driver really, ever and you have a recipe for success. It certainly counts and was a well earned win, but I am in the camp that does not think its health, equipment, mental or anything else. I think its his swing. When someone with his talent is playing golf swing, rather than the game of golf, I dont believe domination can happen.

Back