Wells Fargo Championship [Spoilers]

I think of Bay Hill like I do Webb playing Quail Hollow this week. Its a home course and one he has played hundreds of times. Does it mean he should win? No, but it does give him a nice edge to some in the field. Add to that the course setup and not having to hit driver really, ever and you have a recipe for success. It certainly counts and was a well earned win, but I am in the camp that does not think its health, equipment, mental or anything else. I think its his swing. When someone with his talent is playing golf swing, rather than the game of golf, I dont believe domination can happen.

He's played every damn course in his schedule hundreds of times.

He's played every damn course in his schedule hundreds of times.

He lived 500 yards from Bay Hill for a decade. Played there once a week.

I'll never understand his game. I know on the par fives he needs the big stick but on every other hole he could just stinger it to death and play well. Get a hot putter and he is in business
At this point, I think its Ego more than anything when it comes to hitting Driver. He wants to hit, but he cant hit it, so he will continue to try to hit it.

I think Tiger is just trying to do much off the tee. As many have said on here before, why doesn't he just go with the straight shot and quit trying to shape the ball.

One could say the same thing for us amateurs. Why dont we just hit 6 iron out to the middle every tee box?

One could say the same thing for us amateurs. Why dont we just hit 6 iron out to the middle every tee box?

If we could hit a stinger 2 iron 290, I think we would do that.

Tour rules official Mark Russell says "based on the evidence" it was determined someone picked up Tiger's ball and left with it. No penalty

Tour rules official Mark Russell says "based on the evidence" it was determined someone picked up Tiger's ball and left with it. No penalty

I need this to happen more often for me.

Is that legit or considered a Tiger Break?

No idea. They have been watching video and cannot find anybody picking up a ball. But who knows.

wtc happend to Carl Petterson? Dude was 4under on the day and now he's 1over. That's my FG luck.

It's legit. With as many fans on these courses as there are, I'm surprised it doesn't happen more often.

Hmmm.... This may have happened to me a few times during my last round then.

That's pretty crappy of someone from the gallery, seems that folks in the gallery have been a bit crazier this year.

If we could hit a stinger 2 iron 290, I think we would do that.

I'm not trying to back him up (trust me on that), but its not that big of a reach comparing the 2 when using the yardages I play. I just have too big of an ego and then I will have too many golf balls in my bag when the round is over.

No idea. They have been watching video and cannot find anybody picking up a ball. But who knows.

What else would they rule it if he simply cant find the ball? They have cameras and marshals that would have to have seen it land safely, right?

I think of Bay Hill like I do Webb playing Quail Hollow this week. Its a home course and one he has played hundreds of times. Does it mean he should win? No, but it does give him a nice edge to some in the field. Add to that the course setup and not having to hit driver really, ever and you have a recipe for success. It certainly counts and was a well earned win, but I am in the camp that does not think its health, equipment, mental or anything else. I think its his swing. When someone with his talent is playing golf swing, rather than the game of golf, I dont believe domination can happen.

Good points I agree

hmmm.... This may have happened to me a few times during my last round then.

That's pretty crappy of someone from the gallery, seems that folks in the gallery have been a bit crazier this year.

mashed potatoes!

What else would they rule it if he simply cant find the ball? They have cameras and marshals that would have to have seen it land safely, right?

That the ball is lost since it was hit "off the planet" and to play it as a lost ball.

That the ball is lost since it was hit "off the planet" and to play it as a lost ball.
Ah. Didn't see the shot as I don't have coverage at my current location. Imagined the only way they'd be assuming a fan took it is if they knew it was playable, but Tiger got to the spot and nobody could find the ball any longer.

Is this on TV somewhere or are you people watching online?

One fan just said "The ball never came out of the trees".
Not sure how one gets a free drop out of that.

I hope that Phil brings it today. He seemed to just cruise along yesterday. I guess he is still bummed about the Masters.

He will. I'm going to say he'll shoot 68 today.

I hope man. If not I am replacing him with Simpson. I almost pulled the trigger last night, but decided to give him another day.

One fan just said "The ball never came out of the trees".
Not sure how one gets a free drop out of that.

Same way a huge boulder is a loose impediment if you get enough muscle to move it.

Back