Contest - The Players Championship [Spoilers]

Don't look now but Rory is 1 over and in danger of missing the cut. 9 holes left.

Yeah but it's the front 9. He could make up some ground there.

You'd dunk your shot in the water there. We both know it. You and old 2gloves do have a strange likening to one another. And Jake too. Old Jake looks just like 2gloves.

No way dude.....well I like to think not. But yeah....not likely I would stay dry.
Cookie are you playing a round on the East course next week at Grand Cypress? #5 is an island, a little bigger landing area as there is room behind the green but still an island so you'll have a chance to prove it.

Cookie are you playing a round on the East course next week at Grand Cypress? #5 is an island, a little bigger landing area as there is room behind the green but still an island so you'll have a chance to prove it.
For being such a short hole (dont think I have ever used anything longer than a PW), it's a tough hole.

I honestly have no idea. I have a feeling that the east course was not chosen for any of the non-THP rounds since you have to play the same 9 twice. Would enjoy trying......with a range ball. :D

Guys are going pretty darn low today.

Rory is now 2 over. My chances at the contest are drowning like his ball did in the water on 17.

Luke! Eagles #2

that's a fun hole. I remember I thinned one, but I thinned it so bad that there was a ton of spin on it. Hit and stopped like 12 feet from the pin(which of course I missed horribly). Jake you and I are going to bet on that hole.

Sure glad I put Lukey in the lineup today.

Davis Love has a 18 footer to save Par. Currently 1 over the projected cut line.

Davis Love at 1 shot over the cut line kills me - he's on my team and my tie breaker score requires him to play the hole four times (or put it in the drink 3 times).

I'm surprised he didn't lay a turd then. :alien:

Speaking of turds, Gmac's coming off back to back birdies to get his round back to E on the day. He needs to do something special to make the cut.

Strick needs to get it in gear on this front side.....got 2 birdies to get!

I have Luke, Rose, Oosty and Westy in my fantasy lineup. Rose is turning it around nicely, and I like what Luke is doing. I do have Poults on the bench, but I figured that Rose would fight back today and Poults may falter.

Love makes bogey. 2 over the cut line now. Par on 17 both rounds though so those with 6 as a tiebreak are in good shape ATM

I love how the back 9 just destroys dudes and the front 9 can be had.

Love makes bogey. 2 over the cut line now. Par on 17 both rounds though so those with 6 as a tiebreak are in good shape ATM

I need Rory to make the cut - I have the tiebreak at 7.

How long can this argument be made? Another year? 2 more? Here is where I struggle with it. Tiger himself says he has it down (no longer saying its a process). Foley says it has clicked and he is hitting it extremely well. Yet he is playing arguably the worst golf in his career. Sometimes some swings dont work for all players. The Foger we are seeing right now is a shell of the man we saw dominate, but lets face it, he has not "dominated" in years. Tiger vs the cutline is not all about a swing change after slightly over two years.

Good points and I don't know the answers. I know this - I enjoy seeing Tiger struggle like this, not because I dislike him but because Joe Hacker (me) can relate to these struggles. Golf is a damn hard game. How many of us were pretty decent athletes in HS or college and think it should easily transfer to golf, that if we just took lessons or spent more time practicing the short game we could break 80, etc.? Tiger thinks he can change his swing three times and stay on top. But we all face the same challenges of making some new movement part of our muscle memory so that it because a natural body movement and repeatable swing. It is interesting to see Tiger standing over the ball being mechanical - we know that's occuring because his body feels like it should be doing one thing and he has to stop and use his mind to try to get his muscles to do something else. I can relate, which makes it kind of fascinating to me.

I need Rory to make the cut - I have the tiebreak at 7.

I need Gmac to finish strong and make the cut. Then I need Paddy and Louis to take care of biz this afternoon

WOW ZJ with a great shot on 13

ZJ almost aces 13! 6 inches.

Back