The Official Banter Away Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks Jake, I'm not quite that simple....

But that is hilarious! :clapp:

JR, check out Evan Watson on spotify and update me on thoughts. I like it.

He has potential. I am not generally a fan of his style of vocals, but the lyrics are good. Simple, accessible, roots-country sound, refreshing to hear amidst all of the crap that populates country music radio nowadays. Reminds me of the old ones. I enjoy the sparse accompaniment, you can tell he really wants the things he is saying to be heard.

JR, check out Evan Watson on spotify and update me on thoughts. I like it.

I'm no JR, but evan watson is solid in my book.

He has potential. I am not generally a fan of his style of vocals, but the lyrics are good. Simple, accessible, roots-country sound, refreshing to hear amidst all of the crap that populates country music radio nowadays. Reminds me of the old ones. I enjoy the sparse accompaniment, you can tell he really wants the things he is saying to be heard.
I think thats what I like the most. Simple.

He actually opened for Meat Loaf when I saw him, he killed it. I dunno, I'm on this eclectic and wandering musical kick lately. Started when I found the Avett Brothers.

Likewise. Listened to the following today:

Neutral Milk Hotel
Aphex Twin
Sufjan Stevens
and now ever Evan Watson song spotify has.

He actually opened for Meat Loaf when I saw him, he killed it. I dunno, I'm on this eclectic and wandering musical kick lately. Started when I found the Avett Brothers.

Awe man my sister got to see the Avett Brothers at Red Rocks last year. She is into indie/alternative and said it was an AMAZING concert. i would like to see them some day live

Neutral Milk Hotel
Aphex Twin
Sufjan Stevens

NMH, Aphex and Sufjan...what an eclectic mix dude! And I love all three.

Neutral Milk Hotel
Aphex Twin
Sufjan Stevens

Completely different, a bit red-dirt (Texas Country), but you should check out Mike McClure. In particular the "Foam" album...but they're all good. Tremendous lyrics to me, he's just a great songwriter, and the best cover of Into the Mystic ever IMO. He's raspy voiced, but its just good. May be WAY different to ya, but worth a listen IMO.

Awe man my sister got to see the Avett Brothers at Red Rocks last year. She is into indie/alternative and said it was an AMAZING concert. i would like to see them some day live

I missed them just a while back and am still bitter about it. Love the Avett's.

NMH, Aphex and Sufjan...what an eclectic mix dude! And I love all three.

Aphex is the only one of those I haven't heard. I love Sufjan and NMH.

**Runs off to Spotify**

I've been on a Red House Painters kick lately. Simplistic acoustic guitars with a deep, somewhat drawling voice. A few electrics and drums mixed in, but mostly very minimalist. Songs are sometimes lengthy, but so good.

Completely different, a bit red-dirt (Texas Country), but you should check out Mike McClure. In particular the "Foam" album...but they're all good. Tremendous lyrics to me, he's just a great songwriter, and the best cover of Into the Mystic ever IMO. He's raspy voiced, but its just good. May be WAY different to ya, but worth a listen IMO.

I missed them just a while back and am still bitter about it. Love the Avett's.

Indeed.

Aphex is odd, JMan, and probably not your style.

Gonna rock some PJ Harvey now, methinks.

I've been on a Red House Painters kick lately. Simplistic acoustic guitars with a deep, somewhat drawling voice. A few electrics and drums mixed in, but mostly very minimalist. Songs are sometimes lengthy, but so good.

I shall check it out JN. I love finding new music that I like.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Aphex is odd, JMan, and probably not your style.

Gonna rock some PJ Harvey now, methinks.

Ah, PJ Harvey! Another great artist. You've got some great taste in music, good sir.

The Avett brothers are great. Have seen them a bunch of times.

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk

Probably their most famous song of theirs. Too bad they broke up.

Pitchfork.com is my Bible, lol.

Check out an artist called Sleighbells if you get the chance. Good stuff, a little wierd, but not to off the beaten track.
Ah, PJ Harvey! Another great artist. You've got some great taste in music, good sir.

Decded to drop the music kick, and am now watching Funny Games, from 1997. Never seen it.

Pitchfork.com is my Bible, lol.

Check out an artist called Sleighbells if you get the chance. Good stuff, a little wierd, but not to off the beaten track.

Dude, I don't mind off the beaten track. I listen to music from rock to hip hop to classical to electronica to....you name it.

Dude, I don't mind off the beaten track. I listen to music from rock to hip hop to classical to electronica to....you name it.

Likewise. If it is good, I listen. If you ever needs some arse-kicking music, check out Sail by Awolnation. If that song doesn't pump somebody up, nothing will.

I'm the same. Blows my students minds!

This is pretty good JN. Pulled "Songs for a Blue Guitar" in spotify...I like.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Likewise. If it is good, I listen. If you ever needs some arse-kicking music, check out Sail by Awolnation. If that song doesn't pump somebody up, nothing will.

Already know about Sail. Great song.

Besides Red House Painters, I've been listening to a lot of Minus the Bear...great band:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back