The Official Banter Away Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was working my way through it, then mom deleted it from the kindle. I was grumpy. Read any of Ayn Rand's stuff. Thats dense literature too.
Read Ulysses. Then talk to me. 4K pages can be lengthy, but that book is denser than any literary work out there IMO.

Game of Thrones is SO good though Jake!

At least I think so lol, I need to get back into them, I've been sidetracked by Hitchhikers Guide...what a wacky read.

I was working my way through it, then mom deleted it from the kindle. I was grumpy. Read any of Ayn Rand's stuff. Thats dense literature too.

Ayn Rand is dense for sure...Atlas Shrugged....just made my head hurt.

I am loving it so far. All 3 percent that I have finished.

At least I think so lol, I need to get back into them, I've been sidetracked by Hitchhikers Guide...what a wacky read.

Hitchhikers Guide is SOOOO good. Always bring your towel.

I am loving it so far. All 3 percent that I have finished.

I'm throught the dirst two books. It just gets better. So unpredictable, and I love that.

Hitchhikers Guide is SOOOO good. Always bring your towel.

YES! LOL

So good, I'd been eyeballing it forever and I finally grabbed the complete guide on my Fire last week. Just a fun read, simple, goofy, wacky, and fun.

Never read Hitchhikers. Kinda want to though.

I need to read the last Hunger Games book, but I can't seem to get my hands on a copy.

Never read Hitchhikers. Kinda want to though.

I need to read the last Hunger Games book, but I can't seem to get my hands on a copy.

If you like goofy, funny, poignant, comedic sci-fi, then Hitchhikers is right up your alley.

I liked the movie, lol.

I hate to say it, but there is only one book that I will never get tired of reading, and it is aimed at 6-10 year olds. Maniac Magee. It actually pretty much shaped my opinions on social acceptance.

If you like goofy, funny, poignant, comedic sci-fi, then Hitchhikers is right up your alley.

I liked the movie, lol.

I hate to say it, but there is only one book that I will never get tired of reading, and it is aimed at 6-10 year olds. Maniac McGee. It actually pretty much shaped my opinions on social acceptance.

I think everyone has "that" book that they can read again and again. For me it may sound pathetic but its The Outsiders. I think I've read it something like 20 times since 8th grade. I just love it, its my go to "I have no idea what I want to read" book.

Although I have also read The Odyssey and The Iliad a multitude of times as well. LOVE.

I liked the movie, lol.

*Facepalm* Read Hitchhikers. You'll love it. The movie does it NO justice.

Outsiders aint a bad pick. I have a few "go-to books:

Maniac McGee
Catcher in the Rye
Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix
I think everyone has "that" book that they can read again and again. For me it may sound pathetic but its The Outsiders. I think I've read it something like 20 times since 8th grade. I just love it, its my go to "I have no idea what I want to read" book.

Although I have also read The Odyssey and The Iliad a multitude of times as well. LOVE.

For me, that book is Notes from the Underground by Dostoevsky. Yes, I was an english major, LOL...

The Odyssey and Iliad were wonderful.

Late dinner out tonight...wings. Nice little pub that does it well, almost snapped a picture, but didn't figure it stood up to the dinners going down at the outing, lol.

Think they miss us yet?

*Facepalm* Read Hitchhikers. You'll love it. The movie does it NO justice.

Hahaha, yep, its about ooooooooh....5% of the book(s) wouldn't you say Nate? lol

For me, that book is Notes from the Underground by Dostoevsky. Yes, I was an english major, LOL...

The Odyssey and Iliad were wonderful.

You silly English majors! Seriously though, that's cool, learn something new every day.

Late dinner out tonight...wings. Nice little pub that does it well, almost snapped a picture, but didn't figure it stood up to the dinners going down at the outing, lol.

Think they miss us yet?

Heck no! I say take the pic's next time Duey, it will entertain us folk that are holding down the fort haha

I will look into them next time I am book shopping.

Just got Notes from Underground of Amazon. I love Public domain books.

Guys, Game of Thrones is the name of the first book in the A Song of Ice and Fire series, not the name of the series. And it is really long. I read the first books, then had to wait like five years for the latest. I started it and realized I can't remember the first 5,000,000 words.

I once took a year off to read Gravity's Rainbow.

There's an old English major joke for you.

Kevin

You silly English majors! Seriously though, that's cool, learn something new every day.

Heck no! I say take the pic's next time Duey, it will entertain us folk that are holding down the fort haha

Taco Bell for lunch and hot wings for dinner, best picture might be the look on Liz's face overnight, lmao.

Just got Notes from Underground of Amazon. I love Public domain books.

It's a weird, psychological, confusing, short story. It's not for everyone, but I loved it.

Lol, is it a tough read?
Guys, Game of Thrones is the name of the first book in the A Song of Ice and Fire series, not the name of the series. And it is really long. I read the first books, then had to wait like five years for the latest. I started it and realized I can't remember the first 5,000,000 words.

Kevin

Kevin

Yeah, I was simply to lazy to type out any of the other titles Kevin, my apologies, it shan't happen again! hahaha

Taco Bell for lunch and hot wings for dinner, best picture might be the look on Liz's face overnight, lmao.

No doubt at all there buddy. ha!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back