paranormal activity thread

Well seeing the thread is revived I'll share. First of all let me start by saying that I am a sceptic and do not believe in anything without scientific evidence hence why I don't believe in ghosts, god or the tooth fairy. This was an experience that I can't explain and to this day I don't know if it is co-incidence or something bigger.
I was asleep in my bed when I was about 18. It was a few days after the new year. I woke up in the middle of the night and my cousin was in my room. We had a chat about life and then he said that he had to go and that I should look after myself and that it was nice to see me tonight. Next thing I knew I woke up, the entire conversation must have been a dream but it felt incredibly weird, after all my cousin moved interstate a few months before and was not in town. I told my mum and dad about the dream in the morning and mum said she had the exact same dream. As soon as she said that I felt chills run down my spine, so did she. It was as if we knew what was happening. Later that day we got a phone call. It was from my aunt. My cousin had been killed in a car accident that night.
there was no way we could have known about that accident overnight, even subconsciously. He came to both of us around the time he had died in our sleep and said goodbye to us. We shared the story together before we knew about the accident. All these things added up to something 'supernatural' something I cannot explain. I don't know what it was and I probably never will know but it was an experience I will never forget. it was not scary or anything, if anything it was calming and made the process of losing him somewhat easier.
Have I since believed in ghosts? No.

Row that definitely gives me chills.. These stories are straight up crazy!

Well seeing the thread is revived I'll share. First of all let me start by saying that I am a sceptic and do not believe in anything without scientific evidence hence why I don't believe in ghosts, god or the tooth fairy. This was an experience that I can't explain and to this day I don't know if it is co-incidence or something bigger.
I was asleep in my bed when I was about 18. It was a few days after the new year. I woke up in the middle of the night and my cousin was in my room. We had a chat about life and then he said that he had to go and that I should look after myself and that it was nice to see me tonight. Next thing I knew I woke up, the entire conversation must have been a dream but it felt incredibly weird, after all my cousin moved interstate a few months before and was not in town. I told my mum and dad about the dream in the morning and mum said she had the exact same dream. As soon as she said that I felt chills run down my spine, so did she. It was as if we knew what was happening. Later that day we got a phone call. It was from my aunt. My cousin had been killed in a car accident that night.
there was no way we could have known about that accident overnight, even subconsciously. He came to both of us around the time he had died in our sleep and said goodbye to us. We shared the story together before we knew about the accident. All these things added up to something 'supernatural' something I cannot explain. I don't know what it was and I probably never will know but it was an experience I will never forget. it was not scary or anything, if anything it was calming and made the process of losing him somewhat easier.

Wow, that's insane, I think this story and remembering mine will keep me up at night!

There are some chilling stories in this thread. I've never shared this with anyone before, but maybe putting it out there will help me deal with it. My experiences are not location specific, as what I've experienced has gone on in both the homes we've owned, and while what happens is mostly confined within the walls of our homes, I've experienced it in other places: bars, restaurants, parties, even the golf course.

For close to 20 years I've often had the feeling that something was lurking near me. Behind me, to the side, always just out of my view. It's a presence similar to a change in temperature or air pressure. My mind/body's reaction to this presence can range from a slight uncertainty about what I'm doing, to a shiver, and in extreme cases the release of a tinkle of urine.

This has become a mental burden for me. I used to find myself quickly and constantly turning, hoping to catch a glimpse of this presence. As time has passed, I've become more stealthy with my glances, but nothing out of the ordinary has ever caught my eye. When I turn, the only constant through the years has been the presence of my wife.

Look at her. Sitting over there.

Kevin

Awesome

Sent from someone else's iPhone using Tapatalk

thats not your wife... its teh willdurrrbeast! runnnn

I'm a Science geek, and in general don't believe in anything paranormal, but I will always remember this one. I was about 8, and got up in the middle of the night to get a drink. I walked down to the kitchen, and in the middle of the room was a pair or floating green eyes. About halfway b/w the floor and ceiling. No possible pet/person involvement, and we lived at the end of a dead end street so no outside lights were possible either. My parents didn't believe me, and I'd love to believe that I was dreaming, but I remember being adamant I wasn't, and I was never one to make up stories. P.S. the eyes were all I saw, there was nothing else.

There are some chilling stories in this thread. I've never shared this with anyone before, but maybe putting it out there will help me deal with it. My experiences are not location specific, as what I've experienced has gone on in both the homes we've owned, and while what happens is mostly confined within the walls of our homes, I've experienced it in other places: bars, restaurants, parties, even the golf course.

For close to 20 years I've often had the feeling that something was lurking near me. Behind me, to the side, always just out of my view. It's a presence similar to a change in temperature or air pressure. My mind/body's reaction to this presence can range from a slight uncertainty about what I'm doing, to a shiver, and in extreme cases the release of a tinkle of urine.

This has become a mental burden for me. I used to find myself quickly and constantly turning, hoping to catch a glimpse of this presence. As time has passed, I've become more stealthy with my glances, but nothing out of the ordinary has ever caught my eye. When I turn, the only constant through the years has been the presence of my wife.

Look at her. Sitting over there.

Kevin

I've never thought it negatively, but I also often turn and such. To me it feels like something is happening just out of my sight. The best way to describe it occurred when I first read the Harry Potter books, specifically the third. When they're riding around on the Knight Bus, and Harry asks why the muggles don't see them, the operator says 'they don't see right' or something like that. That's how I feel; I don't think it's negative what I'm missing, but I do feel like something is happening just out of my ability to see.

P.S. I'd never seen this zombie thread, but now that I have, I'm reading through it and despite the 35° weather (~95 fake degrees) I've had shivers more than once. Great thread and truly creepy stories.

I've never thought it negatively, but I also often turn and such. To me it feels like something is happening just out of my sight. The best way to describe it occurred when I first read the Harry Potter books, specifically the third. When they're riding around on the Knight Bus, and Harry asks why the muggles don't see them, the operator says 'they don't see right' or something like that. That's how I feel; I don't think it's negative what I'm missing, but I do feel like something is happening just out of my ability to see.

P.S. I'd never seen this zombie thread, but now that I have, I'm reading through it and despite the 35° weather (~95 fake degrees) I've had shivers more than once. Great thread and truly creepy stories.

I wish my story was full of crap, I would love to take you to that house for one night just so you can see, it's some scary stuff

Esox is living one giant nightmare!

Sent from my iPhone

This isn't really paranormal activity, but it freaked me out. I woke up one night last year to faint giggling coming from my 3 year old daughter's room. I get up, thinking she's up playing at 3 am or something, get to her door and she's just standing there facing a wall.

I'm all "Isabelle, what are you doing?" and she just lightly laughs a little. She won't answer me and all I am seeing in my mind is some horror movie plot where her head spins as I touch her shoulder and she eats my soul. So, like the hardcore manly man that I am, I threw a pair of socks at her to try to wake her up. She gave me a creepy @$$ grin and got back in her bed......I wanted to lock my door before I went back to sleep.

My wife and I laugh at it now, but it freaked the bejesus out of me.

This isn't really paranormal activity, but it freaked me out. I woke up one night last year to faint giggling coming from my 3 year old daughter's room. I get up, thinking she's up playing at 3 am or something, get to her door and she's just standing there facing a wall.

I'm all "Isabelle, what are you doing?" and she just lightly laughs a little. She won't answer me and all I am seeing in my mind is some horror movie plot where her head spins as I touch her shoulder and she eats my soul. So, like the hardcore manly man that I am, I threw a pair of socks at her to try to wake her up. She gave me a creepy @$$ grin and got back in her bed......I wanted to lock my door before I went back to sleep.

Ever seen that movie case 39?

Just kidding wow that's creepy, it was probably sleep walking/talking

Another time I was at home by myself watching tv and from the corner of my eye, I saw what appeared to be a figure in wavy white clothing walk by the hall, it was creepy and surreal I was so confused and I sure wasn't going to follow it down the hall! My mom also saw what she explained to be a small figure peeking from the same hall as if he was spying on us. . . Nothing else has happened since then Thank God!

Ok so here is my story 15 yrs. ago my wifes friends daugther was hit and killed by a dwi. 14 yrs old . that week we had gone to the funeral not a good time very sad. Now i never really met this girl but did now the rest of the family . So that night we get home go to bed and fall asleep so i thought i start to see and here this girl telling me "tell my mom i found my grandma" i wake up think this is WIERD blow it off and go back to sleep. Again "tell my mom i found my grandma" over and over finally wake up turn on the lights and tell my wife to give her friend the message . She did and it did bring her pease of mind . Now i did not know the grandmother had also passed at the time. So i look at this as a message that BOTH of us needed as i am not a religous person but this did change my out look at life and at the time it was very comforting . One more odd thing that happened was 12 yrs. later we build our house 2 miles from were she was killed up till then we lived 40 miles away...... THANKS FOR READING ....TRUE STORY

Ok so here is my story 15 yrs. ago my wifes friends daugther was hit and killed by a dwi. 14 yrs old . that week we had gone to the funeral not a good time very sad. Now i never really met this girl but did now the rest of the family . So that night we get home go to bed and fall asleep so i thought i start to see and here this girl telling me "tell my mom i found my grandma" i wake up think this is WIERD blow it off and go back to sleep. Again "tell my mom i found my grandma" over and over finally wake up turn on the lights and tell my wife to give her friend the message . She did and it did bring her pease of mind . Now i did not know the grandmother had also passed at the time. So i look at this as a message that BOTH of us needed as i am not a religous person but this did change my out look at life and at the time it was very comforting . One more odd thing that happened was 12 yrs. later we build our house 2 miles from were she was killed up till then we lived 40 miles away...... THANKS FOR READING ....TRUE STORY

Wow that's creepy

This thread is awesome!

I completely believe in ghosts or whatever they are.. Too many creepy stories from people I trust not to. That said, nothing has happened to me.

Keep the stories coming! Chills are fun.

ppl refuse to be alone in my house
i had a bbq one weekend and most ppl were in the back yard partying
a few of the girls were inside prepping food when they all ran into the back yard
they claimed something was pounding on the laundry room door next to the kitchen
a few of the "burly" guys went in to investigate and they couldnt find anything
the girls swear im pulling some kinda magic trick on them but they refuse to be alone in the house just in case im not tricking them lol

ppl refuse to be alone in my house
i had a bbq one weekend and most ppl were in the back yard partying
a few of the girls were inside prepping food when they all ran into the back yard
they claimed something was pounding on the laundry room door next to the kitchen
a few of the "burly" guys went in to investigate and they couldnt find anything
the girls swear im pulling some kinda magic trick on them but they refuse to be alone in the house just in case im not tricking them lol

Just wondering Bogey_Russ, are there any new developments in your house? I read earlier about the lady. . .Just wondering what else happened. Do you have any pictures?

Just wondering Bogey_Russ, are there any new developments in your house? I read earlier about the lady. . .Just wondering what else happened. Do you have any pictures?
ive tried getting vids and pics but nothing ever happens lol
i need a TAPS team to come in with high tech gear
its been pretty quiet lately for some reason

That is crazy.. I LOLed when you said you threw a pair of socks at her..

Bunch of totally creepy stories. I'm a believer. When we look at houses, I like to see houses where the people have lived there for like 40 yrs. I figure if it's all creeped out, they would have left by then, you know?

Roswellj - my dad has a very similar story. When his mom passed away, a bunch of my uncles saw her in a dream - all independently, all the same night.

ive tried getting vids and pics but nothing ever happens lol
i need a TAPS team to come in with high tech gear
its been pretty quiet lately for some reason

Haha, try to get an EVP with a hand help recorder. . . Or go paranormal activity and play cameras all night!

I was going to work much earlier than normal one February morning several years ago. We were working with potential customers from out of town and I wanted to impress them so I decided to go in and get a jump on the day's work so it would basically be done and ready by the time they showed up. It was still pitch dark out at 5 something AM when I stepped out the door to warm up the car- very still, super cold, starry, and deep snow covered the ground. As I walked over to my car, I heard my name called by a woman's voice. I thought it was just the lack of sleep until I heard it again, and again. Could not figure out where it was coming from. Looked all around in the neighborhood. Went back inside to ask my sleeping wife if she was calling me. It wasn't her. I heard my name called very clearly about 4 times that morning and just couldn't figure out what was going on. At about 11 that morning, I got an email from my mother that my aunt had passed away shortly before that whole thing went down with me that morning. Chills ensued. I didn't recognize it as my aunt's voice at the time, and I can't say for sure that it was her voice after the fact. I haven't been able to find any other explanation for it. It sounds creepy, but at the same time it gives me hope that something is going to happen after we die. The voice had quite a happy ring to it and I take comfort in that to this very day.

When I lived in Germany, there were thousands of castles near by, this is one that was really close it's called burg hornberg above Neckarzimmern, I took a couple pictures seconds after each other, the castle was closed for the day and there are no windows present. I caught this creepy looking thing

Picture 1
7246963392_be00066190.jpg

Picture 2 a second later

7246962992_eae85de121.jpg

Picture 1 zoomed in

7246961048_aaa3b7fff8.jpg

Look at it hunched over, it has grey looking skin and you can clearly see its hands over the edge. There was no no one in the castle cause it was closed off at the time and this window is not accessible from the inside cause the stones leading to it decayed a long time ago and its face is not really distinguishable, it scared me crapless when I noticed it

Haha, try to get an EVP with a hand help recorder. . . Or go paranormal activity and play cameras all night!
i do NOT wanna hear evp's in my house lol... the camera thing over night never works/catches anything

that pic looks wicked... i bet any castle is full of stuff we dont know about

Back