Forum Testing Signup - Champ Spike Challenge

Congrats testers! Looks like a great group!

I am excited to try these out! Have been having some back foot slipping issues and hopefully these can solve that. Probably due to worn spikes though lol.

Congrats to the testers! Look forward to hearing their feedback.

Dang! Didn't make the cut this time, good luck to the testers, can't wait to hear your feedback.

big bump for those testers who havent sent the PM yet

big bump for those testers who havent sent the PM yet

Yeah haha send out those PMs people!

Maybe a list of people without pm's will appear and scare them into it haha

PMs have been received. Shout out to the new Forum Testing Mod we have KMac. List has been sent. Champ will notify us when they ship.

PMs have been received. Shout out to the new Forum Testing Mod we have KMac. List has been sent. Champ will notify us when they ship.

awesome, looking forward to trying them out

Awesome, thanks for the update JB! Looking forward to getting these and starting the testing process.

Awesome, thanks for the update JB! Looking forward to getting these and starting the testing process.

Me too dude. I am in the market for new spikes, so I will be following everybody's reviews closely.

I already had their MaxPro wrench and didn't even associate the 2 together till now. Nice.

I requested the Zarma spikes. I walk almost every round I play, so I hope to be able to provide valuable feedback from that point of view. I wonder if I should walk a few rounds in my current spikes (which are still pretty fresh) and then change, for comparison's sake?

Thanks JB. Looking forward to it. Ive got my shoes picked out and actually changed them from my post in this thread. I think these will make a big difference too or plan on finding out.

I requested the Zarma spikes. I walk almost every round I play, so I hope to be able to provide valuable feedback from that point of view. I wonder if I should walk a few rounds in my current spikes (which are still pretty fresh) and then change, for comparison's sake?

Me too, I got my golf shoes in feb and the spikes aren't only worn down, some of the little "arms" have snapped off and these little buggers have paid their dues, the rocks at my course and deep desert have really worn them down.

I'm going to see if the Zarma's are more durable and still have their stability in these conditions.

Oh one quick question, I'm assuming that we have to buy our own spike removing tool, anyone recommend a good one that's affordable?

I am having the same issue, lol. I have a buddy who is a golf nut who has one, so I think I will borrow his.
Oh one quick question, I'm assuming that we have to buy our own spike removing tool, anyone recommend a good one that's affordable?

Ive always assumed they were all the same. Anyone know if this is true or not? Ive actually never changed my spikes before.

Well crap, he doesnt have one. I will jerry-rig something together.

I've always just used a cheap one from Golf Galaxy

There aren't any around here, unfortunately, but I am almost certain a pair or needle nose pliars will achieve the same goal.
I've always just used a cheap one from Golf Galaxy

There aren't any around here, unfortunately, but I am almost certain a pair or needle nose pliars will achieve the same goal.

Now that I think of it I bet ol sprawlmart has a cheap one somewhere

Awesome news! I can not wait to get started on this one. I am always on the hunt for better spikes so im very excited to get this going.

They'll be fine for taking your current ones out, getting the new ones in I would suggest not doing it. This comes from experience.

As for a tool to swap out spikes i have looked at the images for these spikes and they appear to use the same two prong spike wrench that most other spikes use. I purchased mine at wallyworld several years ago and I am betting it will work with these spikes also.
I am not sure if Champ reccomends this next tidbit but i spray just a touch of WD40 on the trhred of my spikes before I change them out. I nmakes it easier to take them out.

As for a tool to swap out spikes i have looked at the images for these spikes and they appear to use the same two prong spike wrench that most other spikes use. I purchased mine at wallyworld several years ago and I am betting it will work with these spikes also.
I am not sure if Champ reccomends this next tidbit but i spray just a touch of WD40 on the trhred of my spikes before I change them out. I nmakes it easier to take them out.

I was going to buy myself one of these last night but hey who knows, champ and THP are awesome enough that you never know, champ could send us one hahah so I'm just going to wait till they come in.

Is the one you bought at sprawl mart the soft spikes one?

Dang this testing excites me! I can't wait to start it

Back