Usernames, Signature Pics and Avatars

After reading...reading...reading, I have come to respect a lot of you within the realms of your "family" connections within this forum across this big country. I do not know any of you other than from reading and screen names, and even then am terrible with names. I've often wondered how you all come up with your forum names and decided to give you some insight into mine:

On a planet not too similar to ours in a galaxy far far away, I began my retail experience just out of college. I will not divulge into the boring details of that long story, but just attempt to summarize. I have held many positions in the workplace, but hold true to how I was raised. Hard work is enjoyable and all to often forgotten by the younger (younger than I) generations that take things for granted. But more importantly, expected by most. Chopping a grain truck full of wood to fuel the wood stove in the winter, was one of my many chores growing up. No, I did not walk up hill both ways in the snow barefoot to school everyday, that was my mom...lol.

Entering the work force and seeing, even then, the "what's in it for me" mentality was eye opening. I decided at that point that I would carry on my upbringing and demand of myself that no job is better than another. I met Sam when I was growing up building houses with my grandfather in Bentonville Arkansas, yes Walton. He drove up in a beat up blue pickup to the normal meeting place (should I say wee hours of the morning to me at that time 6AM) for most contractors in the area. My grandfather introduced me to him as simply Sam, the guy who was starting this big Walmart idea. Who knew a guy in overhauls driving a beat up ford truck would grow to become the founder of one of the biggest entities today.

Alright, I said short. Through my career, I noticed that the hardest work was always performed by the "entry" level positions and little respect was given to them. I thought to myself, I want to be that person. Hard working and didn't care what people thought, always go above and beyond because that made me feel good. At that time, the JANITOR's position was one of the positions that was given the least respect, but actually did the most for any environment that "title" existed for. From graduating college to going door to door, to being a Regional Manager for CompUSA, I never lost that thought and is why I usually tag myself with this name. Even when asked what I did up until the last position mentioned above, my answer was "I'm the JANITOR".

Now you know...

Cool story, welcome and just wait til you meet people from THP and you get all confused from screen names vs real names.

<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<

As promised, Ripsqueak is back! Thanks, Hanks!

Nice Hanks.

My avatar is actually a yardage marker (sort of) at my local course. Found it after I popped a weak high and right drive on the second longest par 5. May change it here soon though. Better picture:

20120308_152607.jpg

Nice Hanks.

My avatar is actually a yardage marker (sort of) at my local course. Found it after I popped a weak high and right drive on the second longest par 5. May change it here soon though. Better picture:

20120308_152607.jpg

always wondered if that was real haha

Well, my forum name is pretty self explanatory. I'm a father of three awesome kids and my last name is Biondo. Avatar is of the Geek Squad tie and logo because I run the Geek Squad precinct at a St. Louis area Best Buy.

Gary Busey was under the porch the whole time. . .
<------------
7269819838_d29e2d9aaf.jpg

Last edited:
I get to choose Ole Gray's avatar for the next 2 weeks thanks to our bet on Tigger winning today. I went with this:

Woodshed.jpg

Just took a screen shot from a video shot yesterday by my friend. I didn't set it up since you can see my shirt was moving fast, it was the first hole of this small course, par 3

7333917652_045912fca7.jpg

Im pondering a new avatar...let the search begin.

Duval=wicked! I would have come up with something a little more recent but the 1999 Ryder Cup was my favorite moment watching golf on TV and well to be honest there isn't a whole lot to pick from out there recently (last 10 years)!

Duval=wicked! I would have come up with something a little more recent but the 1999 Ryder Cup was my favorite moment watching golf on TV and well to be honest there isn't a whole lot to pick from out there recently (last 10 years)!

I cant wait for him to be a ryder cup captain.

he's still my boy. Please David put the fork down and start playing good golf again

he's still my boy. Please David put the fork down and start playing good golf again
Me too, I check for his name every week. Yes I usually start at the bottom and work my way up, but that's about to change. He's going to qualify for the US Open and make a run.

Me too, I check for his name every week. Yes I usually start at the bottom and work my way up, but that's about to change. He's going to qualify for the US Open and make a run.

when he made the run at bethpage I was going crazy. That was a great day for me and you. Mahan was in the mix and Duval was on the prowl. Someone must have yelled out Mashed Potatoes though when he got to 17 because he clearly lost focus

Back