TaylorMade RBZ Irons Review - Forum Testing

Great post gage and happy to see ya scoring well with these irons! Keep up the great shot making :clapp:

Thanks Ole Gray!

Man I was hitting my RBZ irons hotter than a two dollar pistol at the two man scramble tonight! They talked about running us slap out of town for sandbagging and stuff :bulgy-eyes:. All I got to say is I love me some TaylorMade RBZ irons and when my golf swing is on these dawgs are automatic :clapp:

Great stuff, everybody! You all have me seriously pondering these irons. Forgive my skimming, but are any of you testing these with graphite shafts? After behaving for 3-4 years, my achy left shoulder is back and I'm seriously considering going to graphite shafts for my irons.
On a related note, I just received A RBZ 3 hybrid that I ordered earlier in the week. I'm taking it out for a round tomorrow and hopefully the RBZ 3H will put my misbehaving FWs to shame and will allow me to banish one or two of these ungrateful clods from my bag forever! (maniacal laughter)
Anyway, I'll report back on how the hybrid works out.

with graphite shaft

with graphite shaft

hi from germany...as you can see from my user name im a fan of titleist...play the ap2 (first modell) with project x 6.0. we had a testing day in our club from taylor made and i tryed the rbz irons with graphite shaft...and order them one hour later because they was so easy to hit. i have at the moment problems with my game and hope they will help me to overcome the problems. i hope i get the set the next days and that they work on the course the same as on the range. so i can say that the graphite shafts work for me on the range fantastic (dont try the steel shaft in the rbz...im lefthand and there was not much choice for me with the clubs). i let you all know how they work on the course. the look of the rbz is not my favorite but i decide if the bring me more fun on the course then the titleist at the moment i prefer this.

hi from germany...as you can see from my user name im a fan of titleist...play the ap2 (first modell) with project x 6.0. we had a testing day in our club from taylor made and i tryed the rbz irons with graphite shaft...and order them one hour later because they was so easy to hit. i have at the moment problems with my game and hope they will help me to overcome the problems. i hope i get the set the next days and that they work on the course the same as on the range. so i can say that the graphite shafts work for me on the range fantastic (dont try the steel shaft in the rbz...im lefthand and there was not much choice for me with the clubs). i let you all know how they work on the course. the look of the rbz is not my favorite but i decide if the bring me more fun on the course then the titleist at the moment i prefer this.

Well even though they look crazy, i'll take that forgiveness and distance of the RBZ anyway! Welcome to THP and have fun with the RBZ if you get them

Congrats and another TaylorMade homey! Keep us posted on how the progress goes with these puppies. I have no doubt, you made a very wise choice so go out and kick some butt :deadhorse:

Great stuff, everybody! You all have me seriously pondering these irons. Forgive my skimming, but are any of you testing these with graphite shafts? After behaving for 3-4 years, my achy left shoulder is back and I'm seriously considering going to graphite shafts for my irons.
On a related note, I just received A RBZ 3 hybrid that I ordered earlier in the week. I'm taking it out for a round tomorrow and hopefully the RBZ 3H will put my misbehaving FWs to shame and will allow me to banish one or two of these ungrateful clods from my bag forever! (maniacal laughter)
Anyway, I'll report back on how the hybrid works out.

Ill - None of our testers received graphite to my knowledge however one of our members, (Titliest Fan) purchased some. Maybe he can give you some info on how the graphite's are working for him. I would think they would be great for an achy left shoulder!

Titleist Fan gonna have to change his name now! Ha! Good for you going with a set that you may not have been so keen on to begin with but ended up liking the results.

Will have another good range session sometime this weekend and then was invited to play in a charity scramble on Monday so should have some thoughts up then. Really been trying to cut the ball a bit more with the RBZ's for a little more control so will continue on that path.

Thanks for the feedback Titliest (or should it be Taylormade) Fan and OG. I'm interested in hearing how the Graphite RBZ work out for Titliest/TM Fan. I was at a demo day Wed. night and messed up and forgot to hit the RBZ, doh! The Taylormade area was crowded and I needed to leave.
The RBZ 3H worked out pretty well for me today in its first round out of the course. Got up close to greens on a couple of tough shots from the 190 range, and hit it about 200 off the tee and exactly where I wanted it on short par 4 around water. The club seems 10 yards longer for me than the G20 3H that it is replacing. The set up of the club seems easier and it's easier to hit. The early results are positive.

Ill, Like OG said I am fairly sure all the testers got the steel shafts. They are a pretty light weight shaft so it may be good enough for ya.

The RBZ Max's come with a real deal graphite shaft, if you are pondering clubs I would take a look at those as well.

Ill, Like OG said I am fairly sure all the testers got the steel shafts. They are a pretty light weight shaft so it may be good enough for ya.

The RBZ Max's come with a real deal graphite shaft, if you are pondering clubs I would take a look at those as well.

Thanks for the good suggestions, FrankA. The RBZ steel shafts are 15 grams lighter than my current iron shafts which might help. I think this is more of an impact issue than a weight issue, and graphite is less jarring and easier on the joints than steel. The Max's are pretty pricy, but I may check them out as well. Heck, it's only money.

So today I went back to try out the whole Iron set (instead of just the 5 iron) I was completely impressed by the performance. I was hitting every iron straight and better than any irons I have ever tried. I also compared the 6 iron to the other demo six irons laying around and I was impressed. The only one I had the closest performance to was the burner 2.0. I also tried other irons such as the Razr x irons, the Nike Vr pro CB and various other irons-I understand that some of these aren't even the same type of irons but It was nice to see that I could hit the RBZ so well compared to all the others. I still am not sure about the grey-green combination it's pretty ugly to me IMHO and the irons themselves look pretty strange at address-especially the long irons haha-

With that said if I can justify the extra $600+ dollars, I may be looking into getting a fitted set for me.

Now the RBZ tour woods-that's a different story I'm totally hooked.

So today I went back to try out the whole Iron set (instead of just the 5 iron) I was completely impressed by the performance. I was hitting every iron straight and better than any irons I have ever tried. I also compared the 6 iron to the other demo six irons laying around and I was impressed. The only one I had the closest performance to was the burner 2.0. I also tried other irons such as the Razr x irons, the Nike Vr pro CB and various other irons-I understand that some of these aren't even the same type of irons but It was nice to see that I could hit the RBZ so well compared to all the others. I still am not sure about the grey-green combination it's pretty ugly to me IMHO and the irons themselves look pretty strange at address-especially the long irons haha-

With that said if I can justify the extra $600+ dollars, I may be looking into getting a fitted set for me.

Now the RBZ tour woods-that's a different story I'm totally hooked.

Hell put a kroaker sack over their head:in-love: and go at it! Looks ain't evey thing and if they get the job done, that is all that counts.

Hell put a kroaker sack over their head:in-love: and go at it! Looks ain't evey thing and if they get the job done,that is all that counts.

I think it's just the long irons that bother me with the strange ibrid look. I bet once I used them regularly like you guys I would fall for them haha.

I think it's just the long irons that bother me with the strange ibrid look. I bet once I used them regularly like you guys I would fall for them haha.

I love pulling the 5 iron. I do have a RBZ 4 hybrid that I love more than the iron.

Tapatalk

I love pulling the 5 iron. I do have a RBZ 4 hybrid that I love more than the iron.

Tapatalk

If I go with these I would probably buy a few of the hybrids and just buy a 6-pw if available I real like the way the RBZ hybrids or the R11 rescues performed.

My perfect set would have been 3-4h 5 iron through AW. I really have been loving the AW. Thought about adding a ATV 56* and that would be the only other wedge I need.

Tapatalk

My perfect set would have been 3-4h 5 iron through AW. I really have been loving the AW. Thought about adding a ATV 56* and that would be the only other wedge I need.

Tapatalk

That would be a solid set up. I forget these lofts are much different than the current burner irons I have so I would probably have to go with 5-pw and a 52 58 ATV

i have rbz hybrids 4,5&6 & rbz irons 7-LW, I also have cleveland 588 wedges which i swop around with my rbz wedges. I cant pick a favourite over the wedges as both perform well.

I shot my persona best with the RBZ irons today. Shot a 73 and I can gurantee you these irons had a ton of influence on the outcome of this score! I absolutely love these irons and highly recommend them!!! :blob:

I shot my persona best with the RBZ irons today. Shot a 73 and I can gurantee you these irons had a ton of influence on the outcome of this score! I absolutely love these irons and highly recommend them!!! :blob:

Way to go OG!

WOW. Mr. OG, if nothing else, it's been fun to watch your scores drop since we started testing. Congrats on the personal best. You deserve it with all the work you put in! Now go break par! :act-up:

Congrats OG!

Way to go OG!

WOW. Mr. OG, if nothing else, it's been fun to watch your scores drop since we started testing. Congrats on the personal best. You deserve it with all the work you put in! Now go break par! :act-up:

Thanks guys and with my personal best coming in the Club Championship it means so much more! Appreciate ya :blob:

Thanks guys and with my personal best coming in the Club Championship it means so much more! Appreciate ya :blob:

Now another solid round tomorrow! Good luck and glad to hear about the success!

Back