TaylorMade RBZ Irons Review - Forum Testing

JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
THP has sent out TaylorMade RBZ iron sets to the forum testers that were selected after signup and they will be providing feedback in this thread. Feel free to join in the conversation with your own reviews as well as ask questions to those that are doing the hard work of testing these out.

Lets keep this thread clear until the guys start getting their clubs in and posting initial thoughts. Thanks.

I just got my box a few minutes ago, here is the video I shot. I cut the packing strips, then realized I hadn't hit record yet. Everything after that is first look. Other initial pics are to come here shortly!

Nice vid bro! I'm jealous of you, way to start this thing off right!!

I just got my box a few minutes ago, here is the video I shot. I cut the packing strips, then realized I hadn't hit record yet. Everything after that is first look. Other initial pics are to come here shortly!

you just look like a kid at christmas

And it begins! Or, perhaps I should say "Here we go!" Nice video, sir.

That smile says it all! Nice first look and unboxing! Can't wait for the in hand pics.

Ward you look like the happiest kid at the party when you looked at the 9i. Congrats!

That smile says it all! Nice first look and unboxing! Can't wait for the in hand pics.

I agree, that smile was great! You seem really excited and I can't wait to see the pics!

nice video buddy!! I cant wait to see some pics

Allright I got mine in today also! I'm going to take some pics of the unboxing and then hit the range with them and put them up against my current clubs. I'll upload some pics and possibly video (depending on the wind) later this evening with some initial thoughts. Hope the other testers get theirs today also!

That video was awesome MW! You look like a kid at a candy store, can barely sit still! Looking forward to your pictures and initial thoughts.

So excited for this! Ha Ha, you were so excited to open the box up, made me laugh. Can't wait for the feedback that everyone has on these and i'm sure you will all do a great job testing these.

Awesome video MW! You looked so happy lol.

Will get to the unboxing tonight and will have it up later this evening........till then, the box waits.

79896c09.jpg

Congrats, I know you were real excited about these when we played yesterday. I'm looking forward to see your findings.

Good luck boys , must say I am a tad bit jealous!

Congrats guys! Can't wait to hear about these.

what a great day for yous guys!
mward was thrilled when he opened that box! had me excited!
exactly how i felt when i opened up my custom 588s last night...
looking forward to more guys, keep 'em coming!

A quick note: I have an utmost respect for Josh and Morgan when it comes to taking pictures. They make it look so easy, and the camera I used plus the lighting made it frustrating.

Initial pictures:

As a set:
img5811q.jpg

One concern I had initially was how they would look in comparison to what I've been playing. I've been playing either a forged blade or players cavity back since 2005. I'm incredibly particular about how my irons look. My initial findings are that these are more than acceptable, about on the same lines as the Burner and Burner 2.0 irons. I'll try and get a picture of an R11 iron vs an RBZ iron tomorrow. The short irons are a medium thickness, but not bad. In case there are other people who feel the same way, I took a few pictures at different angles.

From left to right: a Titleist 690mb 6 iron, a Mizuno MP-60 6 iron, a TaylorMade Burner 6 iron, and then the RBZ iron.
img5814l.jpg

Top line view from the toe side of the irons:
img5815x.jpg

Top side view from the player's perspective. Order from left to right: RBZ, Burner, Mizuno MP-60, Titleist 690mb
img5816y.jpg

Address view of the irons with a ball for perspective:
img5828hp.jpg

Face on shot of the iron. I apologize for if it's a bit fuzzy, this is where I started having trouble with the auto-focus and manual focus.

img5820y.jpg

Cavity back side:
img5836f.jpg

Ok I think that's enough for now. I'm going to take a few outside and hit them just to see how they feel. I'll take video another time when I've got better light instead of at Florida sundown. Hope this helps some of you guys see what I'm seeing!

Way to start this thread off MWard! You're rocking it already.

Man that's a thick top line. I'm interested in the numbers the testers get compared to their old sets.

Great pics Mward. Those are great looking irons. I look forward ti hearing your thoughts!

Sick looks and cool finish to them. Would be interested to know how many Tmag tour players got these in play?

These look amazing! Unbelievably awesome of THP and TM to do this for people.

Best of luck with your testing and enjoy the clubs!

Everything's looking great so far guys!

Back