Ping i20 Irons Review - Forum Testing Review Thread

Which ever guy is on your fantasy team. Then if both are you have a problem. LeeC because he games i20's or stick with the lefty colony?

They'll both be on my roster. Phil should just head to the Ping camp.

Has anyone made the jump from the Ping Zings to the i20s? If so, what kind of experiences did you receive from the i20s? Distance, sweet spot, forgiveness, etc vs the Ping Zings. My irons are regular flex and I was fitted for stiff i20s, steel(yellow dot). I was away from the game for a while which explains the length of time I've had these irons.

Anyone get the ZZ65 shafts? What do they do?

Anyone get the ZZ65 shafts? What do they do?

None of the 3 testers. From what I know the current CFS's are based off of the ZZ65's and frankly I'm not sure how available or if the ZZ's are anymore.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Has anyone made the jump from the Ping Zings to the i20s? If so, what kind of experiences did you receive from the i20s? Distance, sweet spot, forgiveness, etc vs the Ping Zings. My irons are regular flex and I was fitted for stiff i20s, steel(yellow dot). I was away from the game for a while which explains the length of time I've had these irons.

Now there is a name I havent heard for a long time, the Ping Zing. I cant say that Ive seen anyone go from the Zing's to the i20's but if it were me I wouldnt hesitate. The i20's are great irons that offer a complete package of forgiveness, distance and feel. Even the stock CFS shaft is legit and a very good option.

Thanks Kmac. I do wonder what kind of distances I should expect from the i20s. The fitting simulator isn't the same as hitting on the course. I'm hitting 155-160ish with the Zing 7i, 180ish with the 5i on the course. I guess I'll find out soon enough.

Thanks Kmac. I do wonder what kind of distances I should expect from the i20s. The fitting simulator isn't the same as hitting on the course. I'm hitting 155-160ish with the Zing 7i, 180ish with the 5i on the course. I guess I'll find out soon enough.

Did you order the i20's? If so congrats. It seems that most have seen a distance increase even though the i20's are not really a "distance" iron. So dont be surprised if you do see a nice increase too.

The distance with the I20's will not disappoint you. A nice easy swing will bring distances that will leave you thinking golf is too easy.:act-up:

The distance with the I20's will not disappoint you. A nice easy swing will bring distances that will leave you thinking golf is too easy.:act-up:

I've said it before, the i20's are just as long as the burner 2.0's were for me and almost a club longer than the J40 DPC's were.

I've said it before, the i20's are just as long as the burner 2.0's were for me and almost a club longer than the J40 DPC's were.

Not having looked at the lofts on the i20s how do they compare to other offerings on the market? Are they stronger?

Not having looked at the lofts on the i20s how do they compare to other offerings on the market? Are they stronger?

46* PW and a 41* 9iron makes them weaker than the 2.0's and in line with the J40's. I hit my i20's as far as the R11's, if not further. A lot of that has to do with the fact that my Ping's were built to spec though.

Not just yet KMac. The wife keeps telling me to wait til Fathers Day/Birthday (July). Played at Mirror Lake GC in Villa Rica, GA yesterday and was totally frustrated. Wasn't hitting the ball solid and with all the dogs, I had to leave the driver (96' Callaway Warbird) in the bag. I do not carry any fairway woods just yet, I want to see what the i20s can do for me.

Not just yet KMac. The wife keeps telling me to wait til Fathers Day/Birthday (July). Played at Mirror Lake GC in Villa Rica, GA yesterday and was totally frustrated. Wasn't hitting the ball solid and with all the dogs, I had to leave the driver (96' Callaway Warbird) in the bag. I do not carry any fairway woods just yet, I want to see what the i20s can do for me.

Well, maybe you can hint at needing to get fit for the i20's, which you did but then you need to order them and that takes 2 weeks. So that way they arrive in time for whichever event wins. And it sounds like you have a lot of upgrading that needs to take place in your bag.

A lot of upgrading is definitely in the plans this year. Fortunately living in the south allows one to play more golf year round and get more value from the sticks.

46* PW and a 41* 9iron makes them weaker than the 2.0's and in line with the J40's. I hit my i20's as far as the R11's, if not further. A lot of that has to do with the fact that my Ping's were built to spec though.

Now that is some quality distance. Geez!

Back from camping trip, golf on Tuesday. Going w my dad who is.....well, terrible at golf. He's using my old Titleist dci's. Going to have him try the i20s for a super high capper test.

Sent from my ADR6300 using Tapatalk 2

Just got off the course where I shot in the low 90s today. The i20s were damned near perfect again today. Having a really good set of irons that is professionally fit for you is a godsend for scores. Every mishit I made was entirely on me, as usual. The beauty of my i20s is that they get out of my way and let me stand or fall on my own merits. It isn't the arrow it's the Indian, but a smart Indian selects the right arrow for the job. PING i20s are the right arrow for when I want to go birdie hunting. Well, green hunting at least, let's not pretend I make nothing but birdies. =)

Pretty excited about my round tomorrow. Will be judgement day for the wedges. Chipping is part of my recent game that could see some better results. I've spent enough time with the i20 set wedges to reach a decision.

I get all my sticks in the bag and mother nature give's me RAIN!!!!! To the covered range for me and with it under 50% chance tomorrow I will prob give it a go. Just don't think playing in rain for the 1st time out with i20's would be fair.

I get all my sticks in the bag and mother nature give's me RAIN!!!!! To the covered range for me and with it under 50% chance tomorrow I will prob give it a go. Just don't think playing in rain for the 1st time out with i20's would be fair.

Get em dirty!

They're mudders.

Pretty excited about my round tomorrow. Will be judgement day for the wedges. Chipping is part of my recent game that could see some better results. I've spent enough time with the i20 set wedges to reach a decision.

I met my decision this weekend at the Texas Outing. A definitive decision that is more conclusive than before for me and my game personally. I've been going a round with one and the a round with the i20's back and forth for some time now but yesterday and Saturday sealed it. Just trying to settle in my thoughts in my head so I can translate them down in an easily understood manner now.

I met my decision this weekend at the Texas Outing. A definitive decision that is more conclusive than before for me and my game personally. I've been going a round with one and the a round with the i20's back and forth for some time now but yesterday and Saturday sealed it. Just trying to settle in my thoughts in my head so I can translate them down in an easily understood manner now.

Are you talking about i20 wedges vs SCOR wedges?

Are you talking about i20 wedges vs SCOR wedges?

i20 vs any really. Trying to be broad with this one, but for me the direct correlation will be SCOR because that's what I have. Really, its two separate conclusions for me personally with the i20 wedges. I think there are two distinct groups here, I'm going to try to get it into words here in just a bit.

i20 vs any really. Trying to be broad with this one, but for me the direct correlation will be SCOR because that's what I have. Really, its two separate conclusions for me personally with the i20 wedges. I think there are two distinct groups here, I'm going to try to get it into words here in just a bit.
Im interested to read your thoughts on this, Jman. I think I am going to have a few questions for you after you write that one up.

Back