Stag/Bachelor Parties

My "party" is just going to be some beer and a golf on the day before the wedding. All of my groomsmen live out of town and there was no way to get a group together any earlier.

In other news: I actually really dislike the idea of the bachelor party and have avoided several that I thought would get out of hand. To me, it's one thing to hang out and have a good time drinking and smoking cigars... but things like MarcV's story really rub me the wrong way. I don't really think there is much of a place for glitter girls in these situations

Then again, maybe I am just a prude.

No, not prude dude. I'm not a real big fan of the single mom's either. Especially on the eve of a wedding. I get it, but it's kind of weird when you think about it.

THey sure are fun. Ironically, I've never been involved with one that had a stripper. That could end poorly with some of the dudes we run around with, haha

Not really a fan of strippers to be honest. Real girls partying are much more fun to hang around, I find!

In other news: I actually really dislike the idea of the bachelor party and have avoided several that I thought would get out of hand. To me, it's one thing to hang out and have a good time drinking and smoking cigars... but things like MarcV's story really rub me the wrong way. I don't really think there is much of a place for glitter girls in these situations

I don't consider myself a prude, but I kinda agree Gus. I mean, I can party as hard as the next guy and I love it, but I'm not much of a fan of hired help in that vein. The forced niceness for money aspect totally leaves me cold.

I think it may be an Aussie thing but every bachelor party I've been to has been crazy. Been to pubs, strip clubs, camping, golf. But to be honest the ones that have been the most fun have been guys getting together, drinking and having a good time. Some pranks on the buck are goog fun too. Best one I went to was basically a pub crawl.
We made the buck : stand up every hour and announce to the room he was the queen of the world, get two girls to kiss, busk on the street to earn enough money for a beer, serenade a girl with a love song, convince a girl he was gay, get a girls number with the same name as bride and convince a girl to give the best man (me) a shoulder massage. The night ended with him passing out and us stripping him and tying him to a railway boom gate going up and down all night while we took photos.
Few nice things about this story is one guy with us was part of the local constabulary so basically so long as we did nothing too illegal we were safe for the night, the night was weeks before the wedding so he was fine by then (though it took us a few days to get over it) and finally the best part. That girl who he convinced to give me a shoulder massage is now my fiancé.

Drinking. Lots of drinking.

We drank a beer for every neon sign in the bar. There were 14 signs with 8 different beers. Plus shots. It was pretty epic.

I've stayed locally in town, did Vegas a time or 2, Windsor Canada once, and personally I went to New Orleans for mine . We had a good time at all places because of the company. We did get a little wild at all 3 but that is all I'm allowed to say.

I did Vegas for mine. Lots of drinking, gambling, glitter girls, drinking in the pool, jumped off the stratosphere, more gambling, more drinking.

Just recently went to one in Key West. Golfing, drinking, boating, glitter girls, drinking.

Good times!

One of the most fun Bachelor parties i have been to was when we went to the North Georgia Mountains. Got a cabin up there that was absolutely huge with a pool, pool table, dart board and basketball court. Went white water rafting, played golf at Butternut Creek Golf Course and just had a blast.

Mine was in Atlanta. Went to the Braves games, then hit up the nightlife. Pretty routine stuff, but a good time was had.

If it helps, I agree with you. The poor bride! :( Not a great way to start off a marriage IMHO.

Keep it clean people.

One of the most fun Bachelor parties i have been to was when we went to the North Georgia Mountains. Got a cabin up there that was absolutely huge with a pool, pool table, dart board and basketball court. Went white water rafting, played golf at Butternut Creek Golf Course and just had a blast.

Mine was in Atlanta. Went to the Braves games, then hit up the nightlife. Pretty routine stuff, but a good time was had.

Sweet! You went to Blairsville? My uncle is the Super at that golf course.

I've been on quite a few Bachelorette evenings. For the most part, they include eating bad (tasty) food, drinking too much wine and maybe going dancing.

Best Bachelorette: My outgoing/awesome friend was getting married and we did the typical things but we also gave her a (nice fitting) t-shirt to wear that had her tasks on it. Some of them were naughty and others were just funny. As I recall, the list included:
- make a bouncer laugh
- get into a club for free
- get a free drink
- spank someone
- get a phone number
Our friend's husband to be picked us up after we closed the bar we were at and like 8 of us jammed into their Toyota Matrix.

Worst Bachelorette: I have to start off by saying, I really, really didn't like the bride and had nothing in common with her. The couple ended up divorcing a short time after the wedding.
- in the home stripping lessons. (I was probably the only one there with a BMI under 22... picture Anya and worse lol)
- make your own t-shirts to wear. Men's size large. Ugh
- get obnoxiously drunk
- go downtown to be more obnoxious.
Needless to say, I bailed on that one early.

But I guess I can be a prude too... :bashful:

Sweet! You went to Blairsville? My uncle is the Super at that golf course.
We were in Blue Ridge, went up to Blairsville for some golf. Having played golf in Florida for so many years, going up there and playing in the mountains was a bit different for me, but it was a blast. Loved the course.

If it helps, I agree with you.The poor bride! :( Not a great way to start off a marriage IMHO.

Keep it clean people.

I get the feeling that the people who start off marriages this way, don't really grasp the meaning of a marriage- they just do it because it is a "socially correct" practice. The same can be said about having a party where everyone is sworn to secrecy. That just tells me that the participants know what they are doing is wrong and choose to do it anyways.

Amy will be able to hear every story and see every picture from my party- and I wouldn't have it any other way.

/moralityrant

I get the feeling that the people who start off marriages this way, don't really grasp the meaning of a marriage- they just do it because it is a "socially correct" practice. The same can be said about having a party where everyone is sworn to secrecy. That just tells me that the participants know what they are doing is wrong and choose to do it anyways.

Amy will be able to hear every story and see every picture from my party- and I wouldn't have it any other way.

/moralityrant

I agree with this. I already told my buddies I don't want strippers. Ill absolutely get fall down drunk and go to every bar in the city, but I don't need paid, semi-attractive women who are only there for my money to have to a good time.

I agree with this. I already told my buddies I don't want strippers. Ill absolutely get fall down drunk and go to every bar in the city, but I don't need paid, semi-attractive women who are only there for my money to have to a good time.

Personally, I have nothing against glitter girls... do what you have to do to pay the bills but I do find the idea of going to a strip club skeezy. (but I am a straight, married female too... probably not their key demographic!) I wouldn't have an issue if said establishment was visited by my sig other on rare occasions (like a stag) BUT if it became I habit, I wouldn't be down with it at all.

I "get" the whole party with best buddies on ones last night as a bachelor, but have never been comfortable with the generally accepted idea that the groom (and sometimes the buddies in attendance) should be "getting busy" with the ladies hired for the evening... It just seems like a sleazy way to start a partnership with a life-partner.

Kudos to the guys that do not partake of that particular tradition.

Personally, I have nothing against glitter girls... do what you have to do to pay the bills but I do find the idea of going to a strip club skeezy. (but I am a straight, married female too... probably not their key demographic!) I wouldn't have an issue if said establishment was visited by my sig other on rare occasions (like a stag) BUT if it became I habit, I wouldn't be down with it at all.

Ive wondered where Belbs has been as of late LOL

Mine was in Vegas, us guys played Bali Hai, hit the cassinos, then went to the Spearmint Rhino. It was a little different in that my now wife met up with us right before the Rhino and came with us (by design). That way everyone was happy and my best man (badass) had an outstanding time there.

Does Morgan Cup parties count? hehe

Mine was in Vegas, us guys played Bali Hai, hit the cassinos, then went to the Spearmint Rhino. It was a little different in that my now wife met up with us right before the Rhino and came with us (by design). That way everyone was happy and my best man (badass) had an outstanding time there.

We hit up Spearmint Rhino too, my friends dropped a lot of cash there.

Everytime we have a guys trip to Vegas, its like a bachelor's trip! It's our Disney World!

Thats like twice a year. Next one up is Aug 1st weekend!!!

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S II using Tapatalk 2

Oh. Man. I might update this thread at some point.

/moralityrant
I agree with you on this Gus.
I have to say every party, bucks or otherwise, I've been to I have always shared the details with my significant other. That being said i have never done anything at these parties that would be a deal breaker, yes done plenty of stupid drunk guy things but nothing to jeopardize my relationship. I have been to parties where guys have and I have found that the truth always comes out. If you did something stupid big or small it's better to get it out in the open from the start.

Back