Odyssey Putters 2012

I'm trying to wrap my head around how to describe the insert the more I sit here on my Tour Links and roll it. I guess I had in my head typical odyssey insert even though everyone has said otherwise. Mind bottling for me right now.
It's crazy isnt it? Pretty tough to put in to words.

It really is. I assumed it would feel like rolling an aluminum putter put id doesn't to me. Hmmm.

Tomorrow will tell alot though I think. On course always does.

Really? You liked it that much huh?

well, I absolutely love the metal X. It is something else. I have always wanted a #7 soooooo....why not. Luke Donald is a badass with it.

It's an amazing putter for sure, just not for me.

you keep buying putters that arent for you. it works well for me. :act-up:

words cant describe it...thats why

It really is. I assumed it would feel like rolling an aluminum putter put id doesn't to me. Hmmm.

Tomorrow will tell alot though I think. On course always does.
Jman that looks awesome! I have always wondered about those FF shafts, how do you like them and is there really a difference between the stock putter shaft performance wise? Putter shaft is really something I never thought about affecting performance like in irons, drivers, and wedges etc.

Jman I'm really looking forward to your on course thoughts. The putter looks great though.

Jman that looks awesome! I have always wondered about those FF shafts, how do you like them and is there really a difference between the stock putter shaft performance wise? Putter shaft is really something I never thought about affecting performance like in irons, drivers, and wedges etc.

Eh, honestly I think its minimal difference. I will say that it does change the sound a bit and to me in putters the sound IS the feel, alot also depend on the grip you use with it with the fact that it can deaden vibrations and feel itself.

Frankly I like them for the look more than anything else. Outside of the whether it works as advertised or not to me is kind of 6 in one side and a half dozen in the other, ya know?

That looks awesome Jman. Really nice. I like that shaft too.

Eh, honestly I think its minimal difference. I will say that it does change the sound a bit and to me in putters the sound IS the feel, alot also depend on the grip you use with it with the fact that it can deaden vibrations and feel itself.

Frankly I like them for the look more than anything else. Outside of the whether it works as advertised or not to me is kind of 6 in one side and a half dozen in the other, ya know?
Gotcha dude, I love the look of that shaft, always have. I think with a Large Iomic it would look sick in my Ghost spider lol. Anyhow it looks great in your MetalX.

Its strange for me to be so eager to get a non custom out on the course.

Have I mentioned the HC is bad arse? Because it is.

Thanks for all the kind comments gents, I do love to tinker!

If it's a bakers dozen, which side wins?

really looking forward to your thoughts also Jman. I can't decide if I want the #6 or #7. Really liked the performance of the #7 but the #6 looks so much better to me. I've never had a high MOI putter before and it might be just throwing me off. Anyone else switch to a larger, weird shaped putter and not feel totally weird about it?

Took the Metal X D.A.R.T. out again over lunch and worked with it. Cut it down to my standard 33.5" and now I'm starting to putt much more consistently with it. If you liked the original D.A.R.T. like I did, then my guess is you will see this as version as a very nice improvement. Personally, I like the loud click you get on impact and it is definitely firmer than the original insert. Oh and the white and black contrast of the color scheme is much more definitive than the original one which had a lot of silver on the head.

If it's a bakers dozen, which side wins?

really looking forward to your thoughts also Jman. I can't decide if I want the #6 or #7. Really liked the performance of the #7 but the #6 looks so much better to me. I've never had a high MOI putter before and it might be just throwing me off. Anyone else switch to a larger, weird shaped putter and not feel totally weird about it?

I've got some pretty broad and ranging thoughts after the first round out with it today. I'll try to get it on tonight when I get home from the inlaws. Maybe by then I'll have it all situated in my head.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

9 holes in league tonight, 13 putts with the #7. The ability to get up and down instead of getting up and two-putting is doing wonders for my scores.

9 holes in league tonight, 13 putts with the #7. The ability to get up and down instead of getting up and two-putting is doing wonders for my scores.

Dude that's awesome. As much as the #7 makes my eyes puke, you guys who are all having success with it make me turn my head and maybe hawkponder a little. I want to find a place to roll this putter.

Dude that's awesome. As much as the #7 makes my eyes puke, you guys who are all having success with it make me turn my head and maybe hawkponder a little. I want to find a place to roll this putter.
1. Learn to putt right handed. 2. Come to Sarasota, FL. 2. You can roll mine.

Seriously though, the #7 isnt the most attractive putter out there, but it's a style I have always rolled well, so to my eye she is a beauty.

If I end up going to the NC get together, I'll roll TC's. I'm interested to say the least.

I'm right here with you. don't care for the look as it looks like that divot tool putter THP reviewed a while back, but the two times I've rolled it @ GS and EW, it's been so money. I may end up with it this weekend. but this depends on Jman's findings on the #6 :)

If I end up going to the NC get together, I'll roll TC's. I'm interested to say the least.

You certainly can. I love mine with the midsize IOMIC grip. Jman has me converted.

You certainly can. I love mine with the midsize IOMIC grip. Jman has me converted.

Awesome. I want to try an Iomic grip too. That would be fun.

Awesome. I want to try an Iomic grip too. That would be fun.

CRAP! I'll get that out tomorrow D!

It's a great grip! Did you ever check out the pics of my 6 I posted in here TC?

CRAP! I'll get that out tomorrow D!

Oh man I forgot about that lol. Thanks dude.

I think so. It had the chewed up looking sole? I'm telling you man, now I'll have to rock that expensive grip on all my putters. Damn you Jman!

I think so. It had the chewed up looking sole? I'm telling you man, now I'll have to rock that expensive grip on all my putters. Damn you Jman!

Haha, you're welcome! Regripit.com with free shipping and a code for at least 10% off all the time.

Hahahaha, yep I added lead tape to the sole to up it 11 grams.

Haha, you're welcome! Regripit.com with free shipping and a code for at least 10% off all the time.

Hahahaha, yep I added lead tape to the sole to up it 11 grams.

Well do you like having a common man's putter? Lol

Back