Official Equipment Pondering Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I vote for the AMP. It's sexier. And it's not like you have anything in that G20.

I vote for the AMP. It's sexier. And it's not like you have anything in that G20.

The other very valid point though as I could still sell the G20 and end up even for the Amp.

Dang you. LOL

The other very valid point though as I could still sell the G20 and end up even for the Amp.

Dang you. LOL

I'd sell G20 for AMP. It's more fun and that's what you should do.

Pretty sure hell just froze over. And yes I agree with you here.

Hahahaha, nah, I'm gonna stick with the 3W.

I will be ordering an XTD Super Hybrid though and maybe a 3w...see above post.

XTD Super Hybrid? Where did this ponder come from?

JMan is moving through some clubs

XTD Super Hybrid? Where did this ponder come from?

Been in my head since Austin when I took a couple swings with it. Could be a lethal club for me at 19* as I love love love the look of it at address.

JMan is moving through some clubs

Nah, just sold some putters really.

Been in my head since Austin when I took a couple swings with it. Could be a lethal club for me at 19* as I love love love the look of it at address.

It's been in my head for a while, just can't drop that kind of coin on a hybrid. Also, just got some new MC hybrids and still like my MC hybrids from last year. Yes, it's a unique problem.

I think you can guess. lol

For 80.00 I might add.

Very nice, I guess my snake is staying with me. You do your own clubwork don't you? You might as well give it a shot in the G20, if it doesn't perform throw the stock shaft back in and off it for an Amp. Then if that doesn't perform send it to me.

It's been in my head for a while, just can't drop that kind of coin on a hybrid. Also, just got some new MC hybrids and still like my MC hybrids from last year. Yes, it's a unique problem.

I hear ya. Had I not sold off alot of the putter herd I wouldn't even have considered it. It helps too that B9 is making it better IMO for me to mentally do it. Its the hybrid I have gotten along best with, even better than the Yonex and i20 even though I don't like the sound as much. I'm at that point of if I'm gonna do it, I'm gonna do it.

I'm jealous of your problem...hehehe

Very nice, I guess my snake is staying with me. You do your own clubwork don't you? You might as well give it a shot in the G20, if it doesn't perform throw the stock shaft back in and off it for an Amp. Then if that doesn't perform send it to me.

True as well. Who knows what the crap I'll do.

I hear ya. Had I not sold off alot of the putter herd I wouldn't even have considered it. It helps too that B9 is making it better IMO for me to mentally do it. Its the hybrid I have gotten along best with, even better than the Yonex and i20 even though I don't like the sound as much. I'm at that point of if I'm gonna do it, I'm gonna do it.

I'm jealous of your problem...hehehe

I'll be interested in what you think of the XTD Super Hybrid...I'm not going to lie, I pondered a 19 degree hybrid as a fairway finder/hit the par 5 in 2 club. Another alternative: going with the 21 degree hybrid as an awesome 3 iron replacement.

My ponder is I'm leaning hard towards dropping the 3i I live and going Amp 3W with an Adams XTD Super Hybrid 19*. I am.

I swear I didn't read this before sending you the response heh.

Holy hell, some of the Polish chicks watching this soccer game are gorgeous.

My polish wife agrees that polish chicks are hot if you needed any independant confirmation hah.

I'll be interested in what you think of the XTD Super Hybrid...I'm not going to lie, I pondered a 19 degree hybrid as a fairway finder/hit the par 5 in 2 club. Another alternative: going with the 21 degree hybrid as an awesome 3 iron replacement.

That EXACT thought is in my mind. Dropping the 3i that I do love dearly for the 19 would make a larger gap but I should be able to choke down and get distances between out of it form where I would be hitting it or just hammer it off the tee or fairway too. The 21 though would just fit the gap and fill the void without having to choke.

All of this is in my head.

Various thoughts while trying things out today:

A: Ixnay on the Amp forged nay. Very loud and kinda harsh for a supposidly softer club
B: I'll be fishcakes if I wasn't striping those stupid RBZ's. Hard to move the ball off path but easy to get it to go up and down.
C: Equally suprised at the AP1's after finally getting to hit them off the turf instead of a matt. Decent looks, nice feel and I was still able to slice through the turf nicely.
D: Again on a suprising note, those ATV carbon forged heads are quite nice. Easy to open up, not very hard to close down to tighter lies and actually has enough heel relief that when I hit one with the proper lie angle for me I actually didn't have to ask about whether I could get some metal ground off.

I think the "easy to use" iron plan for when I can't practice and thus can't use the Miura's is Ap1's or RBZ's. Both offer good dispertion (less then 2 yards with both) and the shaft swap that I need.

Pondering a 62* wedge with medium bounce for the numerous flop shots I've been saddled with due to course design changes this season. I do fine with my 56 but I need a bit less roll out. I have no idea about which wedge at this point.

Lord could my back swing be any shorter

Not necessarily pondering, but did some messing around at GG today trying to see whether something can beat out my current gamers..

Hit the i20 15* three wood and 20* hybrid.. Both are awesome, but I would argue the hybrid hit better for me. Man, was that thing ever easy to hammer.
Hit the Titleist 910F-d 15* with a Project X tour issue shaft in it that was absolutely sweet. I have never hit a 3 wood that far before. Topped at 294. Ridiculous.
Hit the RBZ tour driver that I was really pumping. Got my ball speed up to 173 and wow, the ping off that club is nothing short of obscene.

Took a photo, kind of sad I didn't get the sound on video.. I'll make no bones about it, I was going after that thing trying to see how far I could take it. So.loud.
Spoiler
189afb77.jpg

And I can't even believe I am saying this.. This is beyond comprehension for me...

But I hit the Callaway Razr X Muscle back irons... Holy wow.. The contact on these are amazing.. I wasn't in the sim for it, but they might go down as the best feeling irons I've hit this year.

e617ceef.jpg

If I go back to player irons, these will get a long, hard look.

Last edited:
Those are puuuuuuurdy.

The i20 20* is a beast. Very good hybrid.

Hell has frozen over if canadan likes callaway anything...must have felt really sweet

Those are puuuuuuurdy.

The i20 20* is a beast. Very good hybrid.

Gorgeous.. I'd get iron covers for two reasons, haha!!!!

Yeah, the i20 is absolutely mean looking at address. One of the nicest hybos I've hit this year.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back