The Official 2012 NFL Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
or because they're on Hard Knocks? Hard Knocks and lack of WR's were my initial thoughts for them signing him

Right now I can tell you that they are scraping anything trying to find other WRs. So I am not sure its a HBO thing.

I seem to remember the Dolphins having a good receiver... what was his name... big guy, fast, dynamic playmaker, capable of beating double teams... what was his name... Marsha Brady or something like that... wonder whatever happened to him... surely they wouldn't have gotten rid of somebody like that for almost nothing in return.

And if Ocho Stinko was useless with Tom Brady at QB why on Earth would anyone think he'd be usefull to any other QB, especially the group in Miami?

As expected, Mike Wallace is not reporting. He is set to earn just under 3 million this year and the team could technically slash that to just under 600k if he does not sign before 6/15 In a shot of good faith, they are not slashing anything and he can come in and play for his 2.7 million. My gut feeling says he wants the days off and will sign for the money soon and then get a long term deal worked out later or get tagged (would earn 9 mill or so) before next season.

Here is a little update on Camazing. Cam Newton has been pretty critical of himself for the way he acted last year. His line was calling himself a "diva". He said he was not happy with the way he carried himself off the field and let his star from school run too big as he made his way to the NFL. Here is a nice quote "Ever since school, the media have said that I can't do this and I can't do that. If I based my career on what they say, I won't get anywhere. I carried a chip on my shoulder because of it, and you have to let that go."

Rumor has it he started the offseason out a little lazy. But something clicked about 4 weeks ago and he has done a 180 and has been working extremely hard on both technique and timing. One coach said to a scout yesterday, "We are starting to see the raw talent come up from the bottom".

Love it. Kid has perspective. I bet they beat that pansy Antonia and the Cowgirls when they visit Charlotte.

Here is a little update on Camazing. Cam Newton has been pretty critical of himself for the way he acted last year. His line was calling himself a "diva". He said he was not happy with the way he carried himself off the field and let his star from school run too big as he made his way to the NFL. Here is a nice quote "Ever since school, the media have said that I can't do this and I can't do that. If I based my career on what they say, I won't get anywhere. I carried a chip on my shoulder because of it, and you have to let that go."

Rumor has it he started the offseason out a little lazy. But something clicked about 4 weeks ago and he has done a 180 and has been working extremely hard on both technique and timing. One coach said to a scout yesterday, "We are starting to see the raw talent come up from the bottom".
Interesting, glad to see he is coming back down to Earth a bit. Thanks for sharing that, JB.

This NBA crap can end anytime.

Kevin

This NBA crap can end anytime.

Kevin

Amen. The only thing the NBA is good for is, well... nothing. It is the iceberg lettuce of sports.

Mid-June to late-July is the longest stretch of the year (minus the US and British Opens).

Just got a report sent to me about the Dolphins not doing drills today and instead doing volunteer work. Good on them. That is the good news. THe bad news is that they signed Ocho Cinco.. and did so late. Why did they sign him? Well my source says because their WRs right now can't catch a cold. The coaches are so concerned that they are looking at indoor league tapes as we speak trying to find a steal from somewhere.

I didn't see this post until today, so I'm chunkyresponding to this one, but I'm not surprised by this at all. Yet another reason for Tannehill NOT to play this year.

Cowboys.jpg

Oh man. I thought it was a bit much last year.. But that is an interesting reasoning.

As always, Plax is concerned with himself and getting a job. I do not think that too many teams have a huge interest.

He would be a decent red zone threat. Oh yeah, we have Cam, nevermind.

I agree with you Ary, but a part of me would like to see him in Carolina. Just to help support Steve Smith. If Carolina had a good receiving core we would be tough

As always, Plax is concerned with himself and getting a job. I do not think that too many teams have a huge interest.
The Panthers said yesterday that they have no interest in Plax. He'd be a decent 3rd wideout, he's never been fast, hands aren't the best, but he can outman smaller DB's.

Im starting to have some fun with NFL news and email exchanges with some of my friends around the league. Here is just some interesting headlines that we have been discussing.

Revis holding out. Yep, that is what the rumors are. Not happy with the remaining 2 years on his deal he JUST signed at the end of 2010. The Jets of course prepared for this and can add 3 years to the deal if he does hold out.

Morris Claiborne is impressing. So much so that the Cowboys have been looking at Scandrick as the slot cover man and that would leave Jenkins as the odd man out.

Im starting to have some fun with NFL news and email exchanges with some of my friends around the league. Here is just some interesting headlines that we have been discussing.

Revis holding out. Yep, that is what the rumors are. Not happy with the remaining 2 years on his deal he JUST signed at the end of 2010. The Jets of course prepared for this and can add 3 years to the deal if he does hold out.

Morris Claiborne is impressing. So much so that the Cowboys have been looking at Scandrick as the slot cover man and that would leave Jenkins as the odd man out.

This makes me very happy!

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk 2

Tebow can play corner. Jesus owns Revis island

^^^^^^ I Tapped That.....On My iPad ^^^^^^

Listening to LT give an interview today I think he's got a bright future in broadcasting!

Listening to LT give an interview today I think he's got a bright future in broadcasting!

I would think he would be less likely to be debacled than a certain other former RB turned "broadcaster"...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back