Official Equipment Pondering Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
112-114 was my average SS.

In that case your launch angle is actually pretty good, Most guys on tour with your SS will launch the ball a little lower than that. However just about every player on tour will be around 2600rpms. Where your misses going left?

In that case your launch angle is actually pretty good, Most guys on tour with your SS will launch the ball a little lower than that. However just about every player on tour will be around 2600rpms. Where your misses going left?

Yep my misses are always heavy left. They are big old draws that I can't play.

The LM showed the razr fit going the longest with drives of 320, 322 and 323. The longest with the classic was 318. The razr felt too long though so I would cut it down if o went that route. For me the classic was more consistent but I wasn't in LOVE.

What are some higher spin heads to try? Thanks for all the input so far.

I'm not an expert, but some heads that have been higher in spin for me.
Supertri
Superfast 2.0
Amp (I would hit that with the stock x-flex if you get a chance, I liked it alot)
G20, higher spinning than the I20, but still not real high
Razr Black
CG Black
VRS
9088UL

Was the LM showing flight, or just giving your numbers. Another possibility is simply your misses, the hooks, throwing off your numbers. A hook is going to be a real low spinning shot.

Supertri
Superfast 2.0
Amp (I would hit that with the stock x-flex if you get a chance, I liked it alot)
Razr Black
CG Black
VRS
9088UL

Was the LM showing flight, or just giving your numbers. Another possibility is simply your misses, the hooks, throwing off your numbers. A hook is going to be a real low spinning shot.

Yeah it showed flight. I think the monitor used is of the cheaper variety though. They are a local chain that was just bought out by Edwin Watts. Only one of their stores has a TrackMan monitor and the rest have Vector monitors. I really would like range time with some of these drivers. NOTHING beats seeing real world results IMO.

Well in that case use it till it breaks!

Supertri is a great higher spin head IMO. I loved mine, it felt amazing just had too much spin for me. Plus you can get them at a pretty good price these days.

Last edited:
Supertri
Superfast 2.0
Razr Black
CG Black
VRS
9088UL

Amp with the x-flex is great, the RIP is such a great shaft in X. SuperTri is a great high spin head, and I love mine with the low spin shaft. I found the G20 and VR_S to be fairly low spinning.

I have been tossing around replacing my Burner 3 wood with either a RBZ or an R11s...... Not sure if the "gains" would be worth the expense. I am also pondering a new pair of FootJoy Boas.. Hmmmmm

:drinks:

Hybrid Re Grip

Hybrid Re Grip

While I'm in the area of a golf store I might as well get my Taylormade Raylor regripped, so I'm torn between the Golf Pride VDR and the Lamkin REL 3GEN and the Lamkin N-DUR 3GEN

Supertri is a great higher spin head IMO. I loved mine, it felt amazing just had too much spin for me. Plus you can get them at a pretty good price these days.

Selling my supertri in the Marketplace. Willing to wheel and deal.. :act-up:

Debating some used wedges. 52 and 56. Maybe some Vokey spin milled (2009) model...those can be picked up for pretty cheap these days. Any others I should consider on that realm (not new)?

Debating some used wedges. 52 and 56. Maybe some Vokey spin milled (2009) model...those can be picked up for pretty cheap these days. Any others I should consider on that realm (not new)?

Whats the price range?

While I'm in the area of a golf store I might as well get my Taylormade Raylor regripped, so I'm torn between the Golf Pride VDR and the Lamkin REL 3GEN and the Lamkin N-DUR 3GEN

I love the Rel 3GENs. I have them on my woods and wedges, and they will be going on the irons when I am ready to do those.

Whats the price range?

Saw a 52* 2009 Vokey wedge at my local GS for $45 yesterday. No burn marks. Looked to be in really good shape. Dind't pull the trigger because there wasn't a 56*. Like my wedges to match! Couldve worked out a better deal if i took 2 wedges...still searching...

I really want to get a new putter, but I am having a hard time justifying yet another $100 or so. I just dropped $700 on TM Burner 2.0 Hybrid set, new bag, and a cheap s wedge. I hit the TM White Smoke MC-72 at the local shop and it felt really good. My current 10 year old putter feels light, but I putt well with it. I don't know, I guess I am feeling a little guilty buying myself new golf stuff when my son is off to start college in Aug and will need money. I need some shopper justification here. Someone tell me it will shave at least 3 strokes off my game and it will be in the bag. :)

When did this thread get moved into the club fitting section and out of the golf clubs/balls section?

Guys, keep this thread clear until the Golftec rep has a chance to respond.....oh wait..haha

When did this thread get moved into the club fitting section and out of the golf clubs/balls section?

A thread from CFBS was moved to this thread and that must have screwed it up.

You're on Tapatalk aren't you!

Tapping and crashing with the new updated/downgraded Tapatalk.

You're on Tapatalk aren't you!

Tapping and crashing with the new updated/downgraded Tapatalk.

No man, I'm on my laptop, it's still in the club fitting forum.

WTT?!?! Sorry dudes, I just saw this. Cookie must've done it by bringing his golf swing into his forum moderating skills. I'll see if I can't fix it.

Pondering a new 3 wood, this R11s is killer

Done. Was it a sticky before? I can't remember. I think so.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back