THP Tour Van Event - Des Moines, IA

Status
Not open for further replies.
Are you challenging One-T for the skimming title, duey? hahaha

Lol, not P4B. His wet dream the Capt. His alter ego that run's out of breath jumping off the porch. The one who covers his chrome dome to help the rest of us with the glare.

Im a fan of all Mexican food. Except Texas! Lol

Good to hear you might get there buddy, that would really make this special.

Lol, not P4B. His wet dream the Capt. His alter ego that run's out of breath jumping off the porch. The one who covers his chrome dome to help the rest of us with the glare.

Ahhh, you want the Superhero, not the alter ego.

Yea, I'm not sure Des Moines has many high grade mexican food restaurants. However, you can never go wrong with a burrito from panchero's.

~Rock

I'll start scouting restaurants. Believe it or not, Iowa is known as a good place to have corn of all things. Some people like those giant Iowa Pork Chops too.

Yea, I'm not sure Des Moines has many high grade mexican food restaurants. However, you can never go wrong with a burrito from panchero's.

~Rock

They have Maid Rite's though. Those are a must.

The food in Iowa is great. One of the few good things about this place.

When we are about 45 days out, we will start taking requests from Albatross Club members about clubs they want us to bring to demo. Thanks for the support fellas. Without you guys, trips like this would not be possible.

When we are about 45 days out, we will start taking requests from Albatross Club members about clubs they want us to bring to demo. Thanks for the support fellas. Without you guys, trips like this would not be possible.

No way thank yoj guys this is gonna be amazjng!

This is pretty exciting to me. Also, don't forget that fall releases may be rolling out right around that time. Can't be sure, but you never know.

This is super cool, my mind has already started pondering. With so much water on this course I might suggest this one:

292770_im_____0_gsi.jpg

The food in Iowa is great. One of the few good things about this place.
Please send me a list of good restaurants!!!

I moved here a year ago and that's all I've been b*tching about. Where are all the good eateries? It doesn't even have to be a classy joint. Man I miss Devon St. Indian food, Maxwell Polish, Greektown, Chicago deepdish (IA deep dish is a freaking joke), Portillo's, Potbelly's.... the list goes on and on.

No way thank yoj guys this is gonna be amazjng!

This is pretty exciting to me. Also, don't forget that fall releases may be rolling out right around that time. Can't be sure, but you never know.

I appreciate that guys. With what it costs to make these journeys, the Albatross does so much to help us get there.

Please send me a list of good restaurants!!!

I moved here a year ago and that's all I've been b*tching about. Where are all the good eateries? It doesn't even have to be a classy joint. Man I miss Devon St. Indian food, Maxwell Polish, Greektown, Chicago deepdish (IA deep dish is a freaking joke), Portillo's, Potbelly's.... the list goes on and on.

I guess I should have been more specific. Eastern Iowa is really the only places Iam familiar with. Anything west of Iowa City I am prstty clueless about, which is obviously totally useless in this instance.

Since I'm a newb... is there some sort of registration at a later date? Or can I just show up last minute, pay my green fees and walk on with you guys? I know I wouldn't do the latter (or would I?), but I can't commit this early.

We'll need to know at least two weeks in advance for a final booking with the course. This will allow me to make groups and all that business as well. The sooner the better of course, but I understand we are still pretty far out. Hopefully by announcing early we can get on everybody's calendar.

We'll need to know at least two weeks in advance for a final booking with the course. This will allow me to make groups and all that business as well. The sooner the better of course, but I understand we are still pretty far out. Hopefully by announcing early we can get on everybody's calendar.
Do we need to PM you or something else?

Nah. I'll get a tally as we get closer.

Ok, good restaurants around Des Moines, for those who don't know.

Nick's
Skip's
Pancheros (its a chain, but those burritos are awesome)
Iowa Machine Shed (especially for those wanting a giant 'homestyle farm meal' a/k/a the Iowa Chop
Centro's
Splash (awesome fresh seafood, may not even compare to what our Florida guests are used to though)
Bang Bang (also a chain, but a much better mongolian grill than HuHot)
Rock Bottom Brewery (its like high class, but not high price, bar food)
Latin King (rough neighborhood though)

That's all I can think off off the top of my head. Most of those are not really close to the course though.

~Rock

Machine Shed is legit. I live about 200 feet from one.

Machine Shed is legit. I live about 200 feet from one.
Been there once and was not impressed. The place screamed Cracker Barrel.

This is super cool, my mind has already started pondering. With so much water on this course I might suggest this one:

292770_im_____0_gsi.jpg

Well played! :D I'm going to have to pick up some more balls for this trip, that's for certain!

What's the weather like in Iowa in Sept??? I would imagine pretty nice?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back