Ping I20 Hybrid.... WOW!!!

TFC stock shaft was a little more "stable" for me vs the PX in testing - not sure what the design differences are but it was pretty clear I was hitting it better although I will say I get the occasional hook like I did with my 910H while the PX miiss seemed to be more of a push (stiff vs stiff). I20 hybrid knocked the 19* 910H out of my bag if that helps...:act-up:

Yup, it knocked my 19* 910H out of the bag as well!

Got a chance to hit this at the local ping demo day with the project x black shaft in 5.5. Wow what a beast, I almost bought a couple on the spot, the 4i/23* was about a 215 carry for me which is a bit longer than my 5 iron and a much better performing club than my previous burner rescue. I didn't get a chance to hit it in a 6.0 but was liking the feel and shots I was getting out of the 5.5. I was surprised it had such a high ball flight and looks awesome at address. The matte black finish is killer, no glare at all and makes you feel very confident. I much preferred this over the G20.

Got a chance to hit the 20 degree hybrid at the local ping demo day with the project x black shaft in 5.5, 6.0 and the TFC shaft. I felt a nice kick in the 5.5 with longer and more consistent mid to high ballflight. The 6.0 and the TFC felt harsher to me and I hit more push/slices. I typically use stiff flex as I have a high SS, quick tempo so finding the 5.5 to work best was a suprise. I have a Titleist 909H 19 degree, Voodoo stiff shaft, in my bag now but I may consider making the i20 as a replacement. The sound and feel were great!

I just got the i15 hybrids 20 and 23 off of ebay and love them, so hard to justify trading up again--although with the deal I got I think I could get the investment back-- That said has anyone used both and have any feedback on the comparrison directly between the two?

Even if they hit the same, The look and matching my incoming i20 iron set may be enough justification...

I hope to hit these tomorrow at a demo. I could see a couple of these seriously cutting into my practice with long irons... :)

So after the last 2 rounds with this i really need to give it some much needed LOVE...... this hybrid is amazing. i have never been able to work the ball besides going from straight to a fade due to my swing. but with this i have mastered the draw straight or fade. its so nice having that off of the tee and in the fairways.

im absolutely crushing it off of the tee and hitting the fairway every time with this. i have been using this off of the tee more than my driver. why not have a 250 yard drive down the middle of the fairway. its helped me set up better approach shots for myself by working the ball off the tee around trees and doglegs and such. today i was 230 out in heavy rough and hit the i20 with an easy swing. and this was my approach

IMG_1355.jpg

i have shots like this more and more with this club and although i wasn't as impressed with the driver the hybrid blows any other that ive hit out of the water by a lot.

Awesome pic Buck!

I really enjoyed using this in Austin on the Saturday round. I had the 20* out there but the shaft just wasn't for me (stock stiff) and my transition.

Such a great looking club at address though, performance wise it was this and the Ezone for me all the way.

Awesome pic Buck!

I really enjoyed using this in Austin on the Saturday round. I had the 20* out there but the shaft just wasn't for me (stock stiff) and my transition.

Such a great looking club at address though, performance wise it was this and the Ezone for me all the way.

what shaft project X or the TFC 707?

Grats. Love that feeling.

The 707. JB was laughing at how it wrapped around me lol

I think the 707 is ten times better than the project X. Great shaft.

I think the 707 is ten times better than the project X. Great shaft.

PING does their homework on the shaft pairings, they truly do.

wanted to bump this

Took my I20 20* out for a quick 9 last night. I didnt feel like I hit it pure, but ive quickly learned that my mis-hit with this club is still tolerable compared to mis-hits with driver or 3w

I hit it off the tee on 8 of the 9 holes

#1-fairway
#2-fairway...225 off the tee
#4-fairway
#5-long par 3, came up short right
#6-fairway...long par 5, hit the I20 twice and was left with a wedge into green
#7-missed left, push off tee
#8-Par 5-Missed Right, but good decent distance on my 2nd with the I20 that gave me a 50* into the green
#9 missed right

So 4 of 7 fairways for me, which is pretty good IMO for the first time out with this.

Shot a 42 from the whites (34.6/128 slope), and really didnt feel like I was hitting the "hot" face like I did in the sim. Caught the ball a lot on the inside and lead to some "draws". Work to be done with tee height and ball position, as its been awhile since Ive played a hybrid.

Had a chance to hit these on Friday. They went straight in an email to the girlfriend as a reminded come Christmas. Only had a chance to hit the 23 degree with stock stiff shaft. Looking for a 20, but they didn't have any in stock with a stiff shaft. Was hitting it about 205-210 on total, which is right were I hit my 4i, so thinking a 20 degree should be perfect to replace the 3i. Have not tried all that many hybrids myself, but loved how easy it was too hit and wasn't all that punishing on hits off the toe, which is my miss. Love the shape, which is why I wanted to hit in the first place. Compact, yet gives you confidence looking down.

Got to hit this 3 or 4 times today and I love it even more. This is quickly becoming my go to club. I can put it out there about 225 all day with deadly accuracy. I love the TFC shaft. So glad I traded the original one I got with the px in it for this one. The flight i s perfect.

Not going to lie - I thought this was a really great club. Perfect head shape and the blacked out look is great. Got to swing it on the range and was lacing it. I think it would have been a little longer for me without Jrod's x-flex shaft, but distance was pretty dang good. I'd play this one any day.

Anyone find it more forgiving than a lot of reviews seem to be giving it credit for?

I can't really say, Ghost. It didn't seem unforgiving to me, but I only hit it 5-10 times.

I can't really say, Ghost. It didn't seem unforgiving to me, but I only hit it 5-10 times.

I hit it probably 20 times, but I didn't feel as though I was being punished a lot for off hits. A bad swing was a bad result, but if I just missed the middle of the face, I didn't notice a lot of distance lost.

Going to see if they have the Project X 6.0 there this week. Really want to compare the two shafts.

I think Jrods has the stock shaft in it, but it wasn't really my flex. I suppose the smaller profile could make it a little less forgiving, but it's a hybrid. I figure it's gotta be somewhat forgiving lol.

I think Jrods has the stock shaft in it, but it wasn't really my flex. I suppose the smaller profile could make it a little less forgiving, but it's a hybrid. I figure it's gotta be somewhat forgiving lol.

haha but Hawk, it's a "players hybrid" the online reviews are saying. The way they talk, might as well play mb irons.

They just want to be cooler than me. I liked it. It's black and I love the shape. Jrod showed me how it's really supposed to work, but I hit it pretty well.

They just want to be cooler than me. I liked it. It's black and I love the shape. Jrod showed me how it's really supposed to work, but I hit it pretty well.

By the sounds, Jrod has been killing that thing. Must agree on the shape, that's what got me interested in the first case.

Honestly, it really reminds of the Heavy Hybrid, which I love dearly.

Back