Official 2012-2013 NBA Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
This thread is already better than last years.

Agreed.

You're a Spurs fan, right? What do you think about the Davis comparisons to Timmy?

Agreed.

You're a Spurs fan, right? What do you think about the Davis comparisons to Timmy?

I only watched him in the tournament, but at this point he definitely has a more solid unibrow than Timmy. From what I remember he needs to work on backing someone down in the post, but man does he look good on the boards and guarding the rim. I don't know if comparisons to Tim are fair, not only did Tim have exceptional talent but he landed in a once in a generation system/organization.

JB, do you know any rumors on what the Spurs are going to have to pay Tim this offseason. The media here in SA is horrible, depending on who you read he is going to play for free, or cost a billion dollars a year. I think he is going to end up with 14-17 mil for two years.

I only watched him in the tournament, but at this point he definitely has a more solid unibrow than Timmy. From what I remember he needs to work on backing someone down in the post, but man does he look good on the boards and guarding the rim. I don't know if comparisons to Tim are fair, not only did Tim have exceptional talent but he landed in a once in a generation system/organization.

JB, do you know any rumors on what the Spurs are going to have to pay Tim this offseason. The media here in SA is horrible, depending on who you read he is going to play for free, or cost a billion dollars a year. I think he is going to end up with 14-17 mil for two years.

I have not heard anything. Although he wants to stay.

I have not heard anything. Although he wants to stay.

That's what I figured, I just hope the Spurs don't lowball him. Things got pretty ugly after the 02 season with the David Robinson and Derek Anderson situation.

I would love to see them trade out.

It takes 2 teams to make that happen, and why would any team come up to #2? In my mind, the picks 2-6 are basically interchangable, and it just depends on team need.

TD is definitely staying in San Antonio, and he won't take too much money that it would hinder the team in trying to get other guys. The Spurs will be fine next year, I've heard they have the rights to 2 international guys that could both come over to the NBA next year and contribute to that team.

I'm interested if Houston can actually get enough trade pieces together to trade for Dwight Howard. They seem to be the only team that has said they are willing to trade for him without a long-term commitment.

I just read that Anthony Davis is trademarking phrases relating to his unibrow. lolololololol.

I wish the Bobcats were good. I pull for them every year, but there's only so much you can pull for. The games are fun though, usually make at least 1-2 per year and always have a good time there. Don't really see them getting any takers on #2 but maybe they can. Still haven't decided who I'd like to see on that team, reckon I should get on that.

Anyways, my prediction for next finals is OKC in 6 over the Bulls/Heat depending what each does in the draft. If somebody takes Draymond Green before Miami can pick him I think they'll be extremely dissapointed, have heard of the Bulls even looking at him. Would be intrigued at will Barton to Chicago, I think that's a good fit. Ultimately I think another year for OKC to develop is going to be devastating to the rest of the league. Maynor coming back from injury to slide into the PG and let Westbrook play at the 2 + Durant having another summer to develop/play in the Olympics will be fantastic. They could be scary.

Good trade. I would have traded that Duke sucker for a sandwich and a player to be named later.

hahah Maggette is a scrub...but im not sure if the Bobcats needed another undersized one-way player. Especially one with as bad a contract as BG's.

The pick is decent though. My guess is that will end up being a late lottery pick in 2014.

I love the Bobcats. They traded their best player to the Nets. Now only if they can keep him.

I also think the Thunder are going to be scary. More experience, more time to develop as players and as a team, and possibly a draft pick contributing and Maynor coming back, they'll be tough to beat. I think Heat over Thunder in 7.

hahah Maggette is a scrub...but im not sure if the Bobcats needed another undersized one-way player. Especially one with as bad a contract as BG's.

The pick is decent though. My guess is that will end up being a late lottery pick in 2014.

The contract is bad. 2 years and about 25 million left. But expiring contracts like Maggette's mean nothing to Charlotte because no FAs were going play there. Take the 1st pick and the name player that might add anything to the team. And next year, after he adds even something, they can do the exact same thing because he will be an expiring contract player. And as bad as Gordon is, he is still an improvement (as scary as that is).

I hope the Nets keep DWill. I think they will.

I hope they don't. I want him to go to Dallas and give Dirk another chance at a ring. And while we're at it I could live with a healthy Roy in Dallas too.

I'm interested if Houston can actually get enough trade pieces together to trade for Dwight Howard. They seem to be the only team that has said they are willing to trade for him without a long-term commitment.

Me too! Draft time and trade deadline time are the most exciting times with Daryl Morey. However, with all the excitement, I know I will end up being disappointed and the Rockets will end up giving way too much for Pau Gasol and drafting an undersized PF at the 14th pick. Happens every year. Running on the mediocrity treadmill is a blast!!!

I've read so many conflicting reports about Harrison Barnes. He's polarizing. He should've stayed in school one more year to refine a couple of skills (mostly defensively). He can score, he can shoot, and he's got a good basketball IQ but I just don't know who he can defend at the next level.

The contract is bad. 2 years and about 25 million left. But expiring contracts like Maggette's mean nothing to Charlotte because no FAs were going play there. Take the 1st pick and the name player that might add anything to the team. And next year, after he adds even something, they can do the exact same thing because he will be an expiring contract player. And as bad as Gordon is, he is still an improvement (as scary as that is).

Very good point. The bobcats will need to put together a more appealing package before FAs even consider going there, so i suppose it doesn't really matter if the contract comes off the books in 1 or 2 years.

I guess just after years of watching BG in Chicago, I would have rather traded Maggette for the sandwich. (If it was made to order)

Very good point. The bobcats will need to put together a more appealing package before FAs even consider going there, so i suppose it doesn't really matter if the contract comes off the books in 1 or 2 years.

I guess just after years of watching BG in Chicago, I would have rather traded Maggette for the sandwich. (If it was made to order)

Yeah, one of the most overrated in quite some time during his Chicago years. I think he can help the Bobcats though. For one season before he is offed with that awful contract.

I hope they don't. I want him to go to Dallas and give Dirk another chance at a ring. And while we're at it I could live with a healthy Roy in Dallas too.

The bulls have had Roy in for a workout. I think that would be a great pickup...IF HE HAD KNEES.

I mean if you can get the guy for cheap and he could be 70% of what he was, he'd be a great role player.

Ugh... All these rumors are driving me nuts. Can't wait until the draft when a lot of this stuff gets cleared up.

I trust Cuban but I don't like all these reports out that DWill is working out at the facility and having parties with Avery........what I once thought was in the bag I'm now down to 70% Dallas gets him.

So I realized that my favorite thing about Steve Nash is EVERYTHING. I really hope this guy ends up in a good situation this offseason...hopefully on a team that makes the playoffs, just so we can see more Steve Nash...or at the very least, more of these videos.

Always been a Steve Nash fan....even after Dallas.

Draft Time. Here we go!

Lets go Unibrow! Welcome to the Big Easy!

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S II using Tapatalk 2

Good to see the Bobcats grab MKG. I think he'll be the best player out of this draft.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back