KBS Tour 90 Shafts - Everything You Wanted to Know

JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Thanks for the bump, I have it queued up now.

Listening now. Really looking forward to hear what KBS has to say, especially with the testing that is ongoing. Thanks, JB!

Haha, "you are always a pleasure to talk to, she's not," and JB was never seen again.

What a great show, JB. Thanks to KBS for doing this, as it really answered a lot of questions I have had over the past few weeks. I may need to go back and re-listen again and try to digest some more of it.

Some things I really liked were the talk about improved control and the shaft matching up with your swing tempo. These are two things that I have been seeing during my testing over the past few weeks, and to hear KBS talk about those as being two of the top things one could see when switching to the Tour 90s was awesome.

Shaft fitting - that really made me think. I am curious to what % of golfers are playing incorrect shafts for their game? I think the number might be pretty high.

One last thought...KBS Tour 90 w/ a Custom Finish? Sign me up!

Thanks to Eric with KBS Shafts for being on the show! The forum review of the KBS Tour 90's has definitely been eye opening for the forum as the testers have made some nice progress in their games with these shafts. Pretty neat to hear Eric describe how the shafts work to get that whip reaction and maximize the results of the swing. There definitely seems to be something to the 21% lighter shafts and not getting as tired through a round after reading the reviews.

Having only hit the regular tours, I definitely want to try these and see how they compare.

I enjoy hearing guys come on and talk about their products, especially when they are as focused and concentrated as KBS seems to be. I bet there's quite a few of you excited to hear that the Tour 90 customization may be a possibility down the road!

Big thanks to Eric for taking some time to answer questions for us!

Awesome information! I will definitely be getting a shaft fitting for my next clubs.

• Admin
Glad you guys liked the show.

can't wait to listen to this at lunch.

Very interesting interview

Great interview, really liked Eric's thoughts and knowledge particularly around 'energy transfer'

What a great show, JB. Thanks to KBS for doing this, as it really answered a lot of questions I have had over the past few weeks. I may need to go back and re-listen again and try to digest some more of it.

Some things I really liked were the talk about improved control and the shaft matching up with your swing tempo. These are two things that I have been seeing during my testing over the past few weeks, and to hear KBS talk about those as being two of the top things one could see when switching to the Tour 90s was awesome.

Shaft fitting - that really made me think. I am curious to what % of golfers are playing incorrect shafts for their game? I think the number might be pretty high.

One last thought...KBS Tour 90 w/ a Custom Finish? Sign me up!

Great show JB. It was fun hearing the technical detail of how these shafts should fit a persons swing speed. Even more ammo to take to the course.

Exactly! I am willing to admit that I played Stiff shafts in my old clubs just cause some of my buddies told me to and I didnt want to seem weak. But who cares! I have shafts that fit me now and am finally trusting the results! Wonder if Conrad can swing a set of those Customs! ;)

Great show, Eric was on point with his knowledge and it came across very well. The testing thread has been a joy to follow along and I'm certain this show will be a great resource for those guys and the rest of us as well.

Custom 90's, yes please!

--
Tapatalk2

Great radio show, thanks for partnering up to drop some knowledge on us. Think its time to get my revamped swing rechecked to see if my shafts need to be changed.

Great show JB, Thanks Eric from KBS for doing this. I learned alot today.

I would like to try new shafts. Thanks

Great show, glad to hear they may be coming out with a custom series in the 90s. I am interested to know what competitors they tested these against. I can guess but I'd like to know. I also need to find out what my optimum swing weight is. How do you get that? Fitting?

This show is still relevant 6.5 years later! Great information for people eager to learn more about shafts.

Back