Best Shot Of Your Round

Status
Not open for further replies.
228 yd Mashie F5 after I popped a drive a whole 200yds into the right rough. Water right, bushes and trees left so I was aiming a tad left of the flag and hoping the wind would push it just a tad right. Nailed it dead solid perfect, faded right over the flag and left me 20' for birdie after a horrendous tee shot.

--
Tapatalk2

228 yd Mashie F5 after I popped a drive a whole 200yds into the right rough. Water right, bushes and trees left so I was aiming a tad left of the flag and hoping the wind would push it just a tad right. Nailed it dead solid perfect, faded right over the flag and left me 20' for birdie after a horrendous tee shot.

--
Tapatalk2

Solid. That would be a big 3w for me, nice shot!

134 yds blind shot over a hill, a well struck PW gave me a 3 ft birdie putt.

--
Tapatalk2
Played with a guy today who popped up a drive today. Looked like a freaking wedge shot. He landed well behind me today, but past where I usually hit it!

I estimate the guy averages 265 or 270 easy, and he says he is the shortest hitter by far in his regular foursome.

River Forest golf club outside of atlanta, ga. 487 par five. Second shot is about 220 to the whole and i hit it on the green.....45 feet from the cup. I three put for par....depressing!!

516 yard par 5. 2nd shot about 210 out. Put a 3h to 30 feet. Drained it for eagle.​

I have two shots from my round Saturday that were some of the best I've hit all year. Third hole is a 521 yard par 5. Good drive left me 213 to the front with the wind at my back. Hit a perfect 4i pin high about 15 feet right. Just missed the eagle and tapped in for par.

Second shot came on 10, a 299 yard drivable par 4. I hit a perfect drive, slight draw that caught the slope and ran to the back of the green about 20 feet from the pin. Lipped out the eagle but another tap in birdie.

270 yard stinger with my 3-wood. I wish all shots called for it.

I have two shots from my round Saturday that were some of the best I've hit all year. Third hole is a 521 yard par 5. Good drive left me 213 to the front with the wind at my back. Hit a perfect 4i pin high about 15 feet right. Just missed the eagle and tapped in for par.

Second shot came on 10, a 299 yard drivable par 4. I hit a perfect drive, slight draw that caught the slope and ran to the back of the green about 20 feet from the pin. Lipped out the eagle but another tap in birdie.

Then don't forget about this thread. Been a while since anyone's had their best shot of the year so far:

http://www.thehackersparadise.com/f...ot-of-the-year-2012-THP-style-(Read-the-rules!)

Played Quail Valley in PA yesterday with my son (15) and MikeT. The 10th hole is a short dog leg right, if you hit a driver straight you will go through the fairway into the rough, and too far you could end up OB. I decided to hit my driver and fade it around the corner. Well, I smacked the driver with a small fade, and when it hit it bounced probably another 10-20 yards right, and it stayed in the fairway. I get to the ball and I'm 63 yards out, so I decide to hit a full lob wedge. I hit a towering shot, and it lands 3' from the hole and sticks. Only problem is I am above the hole on some very fast greens. I maybe pulled the putter back an inch, and the putt falls into the hole for birdie!

The best thing was, my son, who is 15 ( 5'5 and maybe 135# and playing for first time with our golf group, and only 3rd time actually on a course, ) hit his drive over the trees and has 30 yards left. He hits his next shot on the green, but 3 putts. Fun time to be a dad!

Hole 16 stuck in the trees. Impossible punch shot to hit the green. Pulled it off. Birdie.

On the final hole of my round (in which I was absolutely STROKING my irons), a par 4, I hit my 3-wood out onto the fairway, leaving myself about 160 to the green. I hit a soft 6-iron, which ricocheted off of the flag-stick! Ended up rolling a good 25-30 feet to the right of the pin. 2-putt for par!

had a ridiculous 4w that found the green from the rough
all i wanted to do was advance the ball as close to the green as possible and it rolled right up onto it

70 yards out, 58* Bridgestone J40 wedge to 5 feet - drained the birdie.

Playing hardest par 4 on the course and bombed it 310 down the middle SW to back of green and just missed the birdie best drive all summer!!

185 yard par-3 downhill and slightly into the wind. 5-iron landed a foot from the cup and ended up about 3 feet away for a tap in bird.

270 yard stinger with my 3-wood. I wish all shots called for it.

Atta boy, Pete. I love the "stinger" off the tee, such a handy shot and feels/looks great when struck properly.

I'm going to go with a string of 4 shots for mine. Today on my 3rd loop around the course I made 4 consecutive putts on holes 5-8 of over 20 feet each. 2 for par, 1 for bogey, and 1 for birdie. It was awesomely fun.

My best shot yesterday was a chip in with my SW from about 10 yards left of the 17th for birdie.

Crappy drive. 207 to the pin, 182 to the front of the green. Side hill lie in the rough, the ball at least a foot above my feet. I had just flubbed a similar shot with an 8 iron on the previous hole. I used 5 wood for this one, and caught it really pure...low flight, but straight as an arrow. Landed short of the green and scooted up pin high, about 15 feet left of the hole.

Missed the birdie.

I played in a scramble yesterday (which means average tee distances and a few drivable par 4s)..

The 18th (our 5th hole) was listed at 285 but I think it was playing a bit short. I faded a drive around the trees a bit to the right side pin position, and the thing almost went in! It was pretty crazy. This could go down as the closest to a hole in one, let alone a hole in one on a par 4.. What a riot.

here are some photos..

e09eb33c.jpg

Where my club is pointing is where the ball landed.

efc13df3.jpg

Still not sure how it didn't drop, but it was a really cool experience.

I made a 40 footer on 18 in a tournament today, for a all time low round of 78. It was a nice bounce back, since I made double bogey on the hole before it.

Had a great hole in general in an FSGA event, par 5 15th, 542 yards, hammered a drive and had 220 in, hit 4 iron to 8-10 feet and rolled in it for an eagle, made $71 for a skin! Wasnt able to finish my round because of storms, but had 2 other birdies and was +8 thru 16 so all in all a good day.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back