Best Shot Of Your Round

Status
Not open for further replies.
Best shot of today's round was after a sliced second shot on the par 5 17th. The ball was left , with very tall trees about 20 yards in front of me, and in between me and the green. With about 80 yards to the green, I took my 52* and hit a skyrocketed ball up and over the trees and onto the green, rolling to about 12 feet for my birdie (I two putted for par).

Nice shot, unlucky break. What ball were you playing on the shot?

Sorry for the slow reply.

I was playing an E6. Guess I should have had something spinnier.

I played in a scramble yesterday (which means average tee distances and a few drivable par 4s)..

The 18th (our 5th hole) was listed at 285 but I think it was playing a bit short. I faded a drive around the trees a bit to the right side pin position, and the thing almost went in! It was pretty crazy. This could go down as the closest to a hole in one, let alone a hole in one on a par 4.. What a riot.

here are some photos..

e09eb33c.jpg

Where my club is pointing is where the ball landed.

efc13df3.jpg

Still not sure how it didn't drop, but it was a really cool experience.

Sick shot Canadan. Did you have back spin on your drive?

I missed this but nice drive Canadan. That's awesome. And albatross would've been sick.

Sick shot Canadan. Did you have back spin on your drive?

Yeah, it's not uncommon for me, and the course was a bit softer than usual. Thanks for the kudos!

I missed this but nice drive Canadan. That's awesome. And albatross would've been sick.

I was thinking the same thing!! What a story that could have been.

It could be one of many of my 120 feet worth of putts I made today, but I think I have to give the nod to a 35 foot, fast downhill putt to save bogey after an unplayable on my tee shot. Could also be one of many 54* wedges that left me in one putt range. What an effin' day for me!

Made a 25 footer on 1 to save par and then hit the pin from 47 yards on 2 and it settled 3 feet away to save bogey.

Knocked it to 2 inches on a protected pin from 156.

Pity the fool who Tapalks

6-iron, hole 17, par 3, 197 yards...pitched 4 feet in front of hole, bounced up rolled towards hole, hit the pin...

...lipped out. :banghead: Ended up 3 inches behind hole.

4H from 196 to 13 feet. Missed eagle putt & settled for birdie.

6-iron, hole 17, par 3, 197 yards...pitched 4 feet in front of hole, bounced up rolled towards hole, hit the pin...

...lipped out. :banghead: Ended up 3 inches behind hole.

I guess that is more frustrating than missing the green completely. Atleast then it didnt even have the chance for an Ace :p

Best shot today was my tee shot on our par 3 14th. It was playing about 177 uphill into a slight breeze. I did have my 22* hybrid out but switched to my 5i at the last minute. I flushed it and it never left the pin and finished about 4' away. Unfortunately I missed the putt as I misread it / didn't hit it hard enough :angry:

I putted fairly well today. My best shot was a putt from 20ish feet that hit the bottom of the cup.

I hit a 50* wedge from 90 yards that I still havent figured out how it didnt go in the hole....ball mark was a foot in front of the cup and the ball was dead behind the hole by 3 inches.....it literally had to hit and bounce right over the hole and stop dead!

Hit a 56 degree wedge to a foot for a birdie. About the only good shot today.

215 yard par 3. Hit a perfect shot with my new MP Fli Hi 4 hybrid to 10 feet, and sank the birdie!

Shot of my life!!!!!! Or so I thought!! Today I played in a cancer charity golf day at a championship course that I have never played before!

On the 4th si1 I blocked my drive slightly catching the fairway bunker when I got there my ball had piped out to just over te bunker! I had 223 yards to the centre windinto and from the right (more right than into) my stance was awkward one foot in one foot out of the biker the ball on an up slope!
I pulled my 3i rescue honking if I hit a draw using the wind I should get it somewhere close! Wow I nailed it riding the wind all the way to the green landing 2 feet from the pin!! I didn't think this could be beaten!!

Until we got to the 14th si4 I had 210 yards to the centre flag nearer te back after my tee shot! Wind again from the right! I creamed a low drawing 4i! Once I hit it I thought that would be close but not this close my 4 ball watched this ball take one big bounce on the green and bang hit the flag and drop in the hole!!! We all went a little mad in the course!! If I hit a better golf shot in my life I will be a happy man!!!

Shot of my life!!!!!! Or so I thought!! Today I played in a cancer charity golf day at a championship course that I have never played before!

On the 4th si1 I blocked my drive slightly catching the fairway bunker when I got there my ball had piped out to just over te bunker! I had 223 yards to the centre windinto and from the right (more right than into) my stance was awkward one foot in one foot out of the biker the ball on an up slope!
I pulled my 3i rescue honking if I hit a draw using the wind I should get it somewhere close! Wow I nailed it riding the wind all the way to the green landing 2 feet from the pin!! I didn't think this could be beaten!!

Until we got to the 14th si4 I had 210 yards to the centre flag nearer te back after my tee shot! Wind again from the right! I creamed a low drawing 4i! Once I hit it I thought that would be close but not this close my 4 ball watched this ball take one big bounce on the green and bang hit the flag and drop in the hole!!! We all went a little mad in the course!! If I hit a better golf shot in my life I will be a happy man!!!

Great shot! Always awesome to see the ball disappear!

I had 2 that stood out of my 36 holes I played yesterday. Hole 9 of first round good drive pulled my iron to far left of green pin position was evil right next to a huge bank. I was just trying to lag it close and aimed about 6 feet above the hole almost to the fringe hit the putt and thought it was good it was getting better climbed the bank and started turning hard right and nothing but the bottom of the cup from 45 feet away!

The second shot was an absolute thing of beauty hit a good drive snap hooked my 7 iron and had about 70 yards to the pin. Again the greens keeper must have been in a bad mood pin tucked next to a huge slope to the right my buddy hit his shot and I saw it break a ton on the green. So I aim at the fringe hit a crispy shot lands exactly where I wanted it to and it starts rolling down the slope I start yelling at it and sure enough it disappears! Second time ever holing a shot out and the fact I hit the exact shot I wanted to made it even better.

Chipped in from about 15 yards off the green on the first hole yesterday. Side hill, down hill lie. Threw my SCOR 60* under it and it 2 hopped and trickled into the cup.

Its nice to win the first hole of a fourball match with chip in birdie when everyone else has 20-30' birdie putts.

Best shot yesterday was a recovery. Bombed a drive on the 545 yard 14th, but leaked it into the trees right. Had 220 left downhill to a blind green. I had two options: pitch out straight left into the fairway, or aim about 40 yards right of the green (at more trees and the creek), hit it night to get it over the tree in front of me, and hook it back toward safety. So I decided to give it a try.

Took 7 iron, hit it high and with a huge hook. It was pure strike and a tremendous looking shot. I figured if I got lucky it probably ram down 20 yards short. I got to the green and found my ball just short of the greenside bunker on the LEFT side of the hole.

Nothing crazy in terms of result, but it did exactly what I wanted from a tough spot. Fun.

Shanked with my Galaxy S2 using Tapatalk

Was about 110 out and just got heavy on an approach shot and left it about 50 yards short of the pin, but still in the fairway. I opened up a 56 degree Cleveland 588 wedge and just hit a nice hit pitch that hit next to the cup and spun left right in for a birdie. From a low of hitting a fat shot to the high of holing out for birdie still. It's shots like that keep you coming back!

had a couple. did a little bump and run shot on a par 3 where I left my tee shot about 15' short of the green...it rolled out, hit the pin, and dropped for the birdie. Then I drained a 20-foot putt on the par 5 #14 hole for birdie. Those were both sweet...but I also stuck a number of my iron shots for GIRs as well. I was very pleased with those too

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back